How to prevent waking up?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
applepie

How to prevent waking up?

Postby applepie » 16 Apr 2013 13:33

It's weird because I never had this problem of waking up within seconds after realizing it's a dream before... But now it happens every time. I also have the problem that the dreams are messy and I can never control anything, except in my first lucid dream I could... I've tried everything but nothing works. I need some advice.

Last night I had a lucid dream and I payed extra attention to what was happening: I realized it was a dream, I began examining the details of a wall, then I remembered that I have to stabilize the dream first before doing anything, I started rubbing my hands and shouted "clarity", then the environment started kinda spinning and it became unclear, and when I realized that I was gonna wake up it was too late to try spinning or anything and I woke up. What the hell happened? It has happened lately every single time... What should I have done? Should I try examining the environment instead? I really need to get my dreams clear but lately they have never been. They were before though but I could never make anything happen (even though I think I truly believed that I could do anything). Now I don't have even that much.

The more lucid dreams I have (I've had about 25 in 6 months now), the worse they become. :/

Lys

Re: How to prevent waking up?

Postby Lys » 16 Apr 2013 15:46

I usually become lucid when it's not that far from waking up. To prevent to wake up I start spinning. Then I can be lucid a little longer. But I am a newbie, so I'm not sure if that is the best way to do it.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

applepie

Postby applepie » 16 Apr 2013 20:36

I have tried spinning in my first LDs (I was trying to teleport though) but it made me almost wake up and since then I haven't dared to do it..

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 18 Apr 2013 07:20

applepie wrote:I have tried spinning in my first LDs (I was trying to teleport though) but it made me almost wake up and since then I haven't dared to do it..

You have to try it once again,

AmberGump

Postby AmberGump » 19 Apr 2013 10:18

I also think that you must give it a try once again.

http://www.stsinks.com/roland.html

Peter

Postby Peter » 19 Apr 2013 22:33

try thinking clarity instead of yelling and it will be from a calmer mind and this may keep you in the dream. Also just look at detail but for me the strongest is to think of a few facts from daily life, name, job, last meal and this is all I need to get very stable lucid dreams. And believe with all that you are that it will work, this is i feel the most important part of all of it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 24 Apr 2013 07:31

I managed to just force it back once. I don't know exactly how it worked, I thought something among the lines of "Oh no you don't." and the dream stopped fading away.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 24 Apr 2013 10:38

I have the same problem. I tryed spinning, concentrating on dream signs, rubbing my hands... Didn't work. But i believe those techniques work. I did those only a couple of times. I have to be patient and keep trying.

charlesmcvay

Postby charlesmcvay » 26 Apr 2013 02:22

In my experience I believe that it has a lot to do with simply remaining calm. Remember we're dealing with the mind here so the whole "spinning" technique is only working on the imagery of yourself, although it may be useful for some. When I feel a dream fading I tend to just take deep breaths and calmly tell myself to stay lucid and that has had the best results for me. Everybody works differently though so try what you can and good luck!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Apr 2013 09:43

applepie wrote:It's weird because I never had this problem of waking up within seconds after realizing it's a dream before... But now it happens every time. I also have the problem that the dreams are messy and I can never control anything, except in my first lucid dream I could... I've tried everything but nothing works. I need some advice.

Last night I had a lucid dream and I payed extra attention to what was happening: I realized it was a dream, I began examining the details of a wall, then I remembered that I have to stabilize the dream first before doing anything, I started rubbing my hands and shouted "clarity", then the environment started kinda spinning and it became unclear, and when I realized that I was gonna wake up it was too late to try spinning or anything and I woke up. What the hell happened? It has happened lately every single time... What should I have done? Should I try examining the environment instead? I really need to get my dreams clear but lately they have never been. They were before though but I could never make anything happen (even though I think I truly believed that I could do anything). Now I don't have even that much.

The more lucid dreams I have (I've had about 25 in 6 months now), the worse they become. :/

sounds like you may have more waking consciousness coming into your LDs then before and hence why they are now easier to control..but this could also be what is causing you to loose your LD if you arent using stabilization techniques which work for you.

Spinning tends to wake me up so I myself wont do that. Try focusing on somethiing intently in your enviroment or brining (via thought) something which would make you focus more intently on the dream there. (Ive found that bringing an old boyfriend into my dream is good to help me focus more on the dream. I use him over and over in a dream to focus on.. if Im starting to loose the dream).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”