Share your 1st LD here! :D

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Re: Share your 1st LD here! :D

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Apr 2013 21:12

Cool LD, and congrats on your first! I've only had one interaction with a mirror, but they seem to be magical devices in a dream. Looking at hands has been a realiable RC for me and one that is both easy to practice when awake and easy in dreams. Hands are something you always have with you so you don't need to go looking for one.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Inner Effect

Postby Inner Effect » 09 Apr 2013 21:49

Thanks! yeah they seem to be mystical indeed, this is the second time I've seen a mirror so hopefully I will see more. I'm yet to see my hands in a dream but next I'm semi lucid shall try it for sure :)
More about Lucid Dreaming on my blog - http://innereffect.wordpress.com/

Ender_brine

Postby Ender_brine » 15 Apr 2013 22:58

Kk so I started out in my room at my house (although it was different…I can't put my finger on it) it was nice and sunny out, so I went to my garage to go outside. I saw my dad and we talked a bit. He too me to go brush my teeth, so I went into the bathroom. But when I saw the mirror, it kinda rippled. So I put my hand in it, and the glass became liquid and splashed on the floor. That's when I knew it was a dream! I went back into the garage, and I saw my dad. I smiled cause I knew he wasn't real. He walked past me, and right after he was past me, I turned around. He suddenly was like 10 feet behind me. Anyway. So then I look at my hands. They're awful, the fingers are short and pruny, and the nailed are stubby an black. I'm almost scared into waking, but then I remember to rub my hands together (this can prolong a lucid dream) it works, and I continue into my driveway. Then I remember I have to ask my subconscious some questions (I've been needing a lucid dream so I can ask my subconscious what my dream job and dream hobby is…I read that your subconscious mind can answer these things) so I decide to ask it in the form of a psychiatrist. So I yell "Let there be a psychiatrist!" And suddenly a guy in a doctors suit is in front of me. He's ugly, so I yell "no, I want a hot one!" He turns into a woman. Frustrated, I yell "no! I want a hot MAN!" Finally my brain gets it right. So me and this guy start walking down my street (my dream world is creepily similar to my real world) a flyer for a carwash hits my face. I'm about to throw it out, then I remember that it's a dream. So I just throw it on the ground. Then I take my iPhone and chuck it at the ground. It shatters. Then I smile and wave my hand over it. The shards reform into my phone again. Anyway, we are still walking, when I remember to ask him my questions. Then I suddenly wonder what it'd be like to have my super old dog Coco seem young in my dream (I wanted to see her like she was 5 years ago) so I think about her, and she appears. But then the world starts shaking, and the sky tears in half, and a huge alarm clock comes out through it. My dog and psychiatrist poof away, and the while worlds colors seem to melt away, then I wake up to my alarm clock. Dafuq

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

fistania

Postby fistania » 18 Apr 2013 12:23

@Ender_brine
that's an interesting way for a dream to end. and i remember my first time seeing my hand in LD, they're felt and and looked like those pencils made by recycled newspaper :)

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 20 Apr 2013 18:21

wow. that is a very successful, fun and interesting first lucid dream!
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Apr 2013 00:51

What an interesting lucid dream there Ender-brine! I have never summoned a psychiatrist in a lucid dream before. I might do that. I've been busy lately and have bben going to bed late. I think I might induce one soon using the OOBE technique.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Apr 2013 01:07

Frustrated, I yell "no! I want a hot MAN!" Finally my brain gets it right. So me and this guy start walking down my street (my dream world is creepily similar to my real world) a flyer for a carwash hits my face. I'm about to throw it out, then I remember that it's a dream. So I just throw it on the ground. Then I take my iPhone and chuck it at the ground. It shatters. Then I smile and wave my hand over it. The shards reform into my phone again.

I thought that was a very cool LD :)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

equesatrum

Postby equesatrum » 24 Apr 2013 08:41

I wanted to see what you guys thought about this.

A couple of weeks ago, I had my first lucid MOMENT. It wasn't a full dream, because it didn't last long enough. I was too excited and woke up. ROOKIE MISTAKE

What I wanted to ask about was this:

The first dream sign I had was that I was in a car with my mom and dad. They are bitterly divorced and haven't spoken in years and this would just never happen. However, this didn't alert me to my dreaming state.

Second, we were driving in an old neighborhood we used to live in and we passed a pond that was there. In the pond, Shaquille O'Neal was fishing from a boat. I feel this was weird enough that I could have realized I was dreaming, but I didn't.

Third, we drove up to the house we used to live in. I dream about this house a lot, it is a definite dream sign. I still didn't notice that I was dreaming, until we opened the front door, and the inside was completely different from what I remember. This is when I realized I was dreaming.

The part that's weird is that I didn't do a reality check, I suppose because it was obvious to me that I was dreaming. Is this a mistake? Should I do one anyway? Also, with experience, does one need less dream signs to wonder if they're dreaming, or do they have to be "stacked" like this?

That said, it was a definite moment of lucidity, and I was pretty excited. I started to recall what I should do to make sure the dream was stabilized, but it was too late, I woke up anyway. Still, very exciting, it's a sign of real progress.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2013 06:02

Dont do a reality check if you know you are dreaming.. doing one at that point is a common rookie mistake. Checks can fail and if you know you are dreaming just go along with the dream. Do not set out to "prove" to yourself you are dreaming, if you already know you are. (If you think you are, that is unlikely to be wrong and if not, you'd soon know).

You may thou need to do some stabilization eg something like rubbing your hands briskly together in the dream or something else but if you feel like your dream is stable.. dont worry about those either.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

fistania

Postby fistania » 11 Jun 2013 17:18

equesatrum wrote:I wanted to see what you guys thought about this.

A couple of weeks ago, I had my first lucid MOMENT. It wasn't a full dream, because it didn't last long enough. I was too excited and woke up. ROOKIE MISTAKE

What I wanted to ask about was this:

The first dream sign I had was that I was in a car with my mom and dad. They are bitterly divorced and haven't spoken in years and this would just never happen. However, this didn't alert me to my dreaming state.

Second, we were driving in an old neighborhood we used to live in and we passed a pond that was there. In the pond, Shaquille O'Neal was fishing from a boat. I feel this was weird enough that I could have realized I was dreaming, but I didn't.

Third, we drove up to the house we used to live in. I dream about this house a lot, it is a definite dream sign. I still didn't notice that I was dreaming, until we opened the front door, and the inside was completely different from what I remember. This is when I realized I was dreaming.

The part that's weird is that I didn't do a reality check, I suppose because it was obvious to me that I was dreaming. Is this a mistake? Should I do one anyway? Also, with experience, does one need less dream signs to wonder if they're dreaming, or do they have to be "stacked" like this?

That said, it was a definite moment of lucidity, and I was pretty excited. I started to recall what I should do to make sure the dream was stabilized, but it was too late, I woke up anyway. Still, very exciting, it's a sign of real progress.

congrats on your first LD! it's fine, just like taniaaust1 said. and yes, with experience, one can even "sense" it's a dream before seeing anything strange, just because one's self-awareness is high! :)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”