My old dream friend

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

My old dream friend

Postby Lewisfranklin » 16 Mar 2013 01:57

My first lucid dream occurred when I was only around eight years old and I just want to tell you all about it. At the time obviously I had no idea what Lucid dreaming was but I remember it to this day at 14 years old and it is a fond memory of mine. Basically when I was younger I really desired a crazy pet which no one else had that no one could take away from me. I entered this beautiful dream world, yet the only part of the dream I do not remember is what triggered my lucidity? maybe it was just the excitement of having my own pet Dragon!

My pet Dragon was never named but I remember riding on its back through the beautiful red sky with the dragons beautiful red scales shimmering in the dappled sunlight through the clouds flying all over the planet, visiting the houses of family and friends! I never spoke to them though, I just flew to their house. This dream was so incredible for me to experience at such a young age that somehow I gained the access to that same world the next night. Unfortunately my Lucidity was not as powerful...

In my second dream my Dragon and I flew a little bit but my Dragon was unwell. I didn't know how to help it and my sub conscious managed to drag me back into a controlled dream state. I remember blurry images of me falling into some sort of computer world with green pixels flying around me and the little transparent greenish squares beneath me shattered like glass. the worst part of that dream was when I found my Dragon on one of the glass pieces, it was laying down dying.

I am not sure how I did this next part but I felt extremely powerful, angry and upset. The sight of my new and only friend almost dying snapped me into a lucid state. Though unknowingly I didn't realize I could save my Dragon. It died right in front of me, and in my lucid state all was very vivid and upsetting. I cried in the dream and the glass beneath me shattered. I woke up in tears and never returned to that dream again. I am almost crying now and this is but a memory. I really did have an attachment to my dream companion and the death of it sank my heart.

But that was my first lucid dream at eight years old I am quite happy to say I managed to gain some sort of control over my dream! its a shame my sub conscious managed to still take my dragon away from me.

Re: My old dream friend

Postby DreamerMan99 » 08 Apr 2013 18:20

Thats pretty neat - Your next lucid dream, why not bring him back and have a nice little heart to heart? I just recently discovered lucid dreaming and used to have them when I was little, and my pockets were filled with legos! haha

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.

Postby Guitar48300 » 08 Apr 2013 20:23

That's cool how you actually got to see the dragon in more than 1 dream. I've been wondering for a long time if anyone has had dream characters reappear in dreams and how they worked in the 2nd dream. Glad you reunited with your pet, even though it was a sad dream. Hope you see him again
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded if anyone wants to use it

Postby fistania » 18 Apr 2013 12:33

i read your story in my thread, but i feel like i should reply it here~

that's an interesting story! i really like the emotional attachment to your pet dragon. i also want a friend that only exsist in my dreams! i agree with DreamerMan99, maybe you can try meeting with your pet dragon again the next time you have LD :D

subconsciously speaking, maybe it represents something? like maybe some part of you that you hold dear 'fades away' or 'dying' in the presence of something digital? lol idk, even if there're general interpretation of dreams, the only person knows what it really means is yourself :)

i've cried 2-3 times because of a dream, but somehow one of the reason was because in one dream, my big sister ate my cake that i prepared for my friend. lol :oops:

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”