Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ArsiNoe

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby ArsiNoe » 12 Apr 2013 19:10

I have an interesting experience. When I was in my first LDs, I had to do several reality checks in order to persuade myself that I was dreaming....but now when I am dreaming I just think about LD and I know that it is just a dream without any reality checks. :)

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 12 Apr 2013 19:36

ArsiNoe wrote:I have an interesting experience. When I was in my first LDs, I had to do several reality checks in order to persuade myself that I was dreaming....but now when I am dreaming I just think about LD and I know that it is just a dream without any reality checks. :)

Yeah me too same. Once i get the reality checks, i do it all the time during the dream.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Hypnosnail

Postby Hypnosnail » 16 Apr 2013 00:17

Same here. I often dream something really weird, then, while still dreaming, I'd think, "Wow, what a weird thing to dream about!" LOL! I'll even start analyzing my dreams while still in them. "What would make me dream about THIS??"

I've been doing this so long, my dreams often continue on even when I know I'm dreaming. Like watching a movie. I know it's just a movie, but I'm invested into it and still go though all the emotions.
Lucid Dream using hypnosis: From the Mikandi store, download the Hypnosnail App.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 16 Apr 2013 07:48

sorry i can't answer your question hypnosnail, but i want to share an experience i had.

I was going to write this down two days ago but when i was about to hit submit i accidentally hit a button and it all deleted so i couldnt be bothered :|

But i'll write it again :D So anyways, 2 nights ago i had a dream that a woman and her two sons hopped into my car at a shopping centre and i was confused becuase their car was right behind mine (i can drive in this dream even though i am underage) although i decided they hopped in mine becuase both cars are black. I then woke up and did the MILD method, i rethought the dream in my head and the only dream sign was that i could drive, so i didn't picture in my mind that i became lucid at this time but i think i fell asleep before i could rethink it all. While dreaming, i somehow got onto the topic of seals. I had the voice of someone that explains Dr steven laberge's method on an mp3 i have and he told me to get into a seal skin so i did. He then said that seals need to breathe air so i swam to the top of the ocean and took a breath through my blowhole. (do seals have blowholes?) When i went back underwater i was choking a bit from all the water even though i knew seals can breathe underwater. At this time, i thought am i dreaming but then i said i can't be cuz im still awake. I do remember actually telling myslef that becuase it didn't seem like i was asleep. Either that or the dream was so vivid and i could remember my thoughs more intently. What i want to ask is that if i were to check if i was dreaming at that time, wouldn't i wake up when i move my fingers onto my nose and try to breathe out? Also, the dream didn't really feel that vivid, my vision was still only aabout 30 degrees wide and i couldn't see as much as i can right now. So, if i wasn't as lazy i probably would have relaized i was dreaming and have my first lucid dream! :D

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 16 Apr 2013 19:32

ArsiNoe wrote:I have an interesting experience. When I was in my first LDs, I had to do several reality checks in order to persuade myself that I was dreaming....but now when I am dreaming I just think about LD and I know that it is just a dream without any reality checks. :)

I've got the other way round :( Lucky you!
How do you do that?
Last edited by Sterre Duiker on 17 Apr 2013 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 16 Apr 2013 19:33

Hypnosnail wrote:Same here. I often dream something really weird, then, while still dreaming, I'd think, "Wow, what a weird thing to dream about!" LOL! I'll even start analyzing my dreams while still in them. "What would make me dream about THIS??"

I've been doing this so long, my dreams often continue on even when I know I'm dreaming. Like watching a movie. I know it's just a movie, but I'm invested into it and still go though all the emotions.

You just perfectly explained what I have

galastrato

Postby galastrato » 17 Apr 2013 21:10

Hello guys!)
I'm new here, found out about lucid dreaming yesterday.. And I have to say.. I'm fascinated to the core of my brain. I can't even express my fascination in your stories guys. And I can't wait to experience my own LD.
I just have couple of questions:

Why do I have so few dreams?

Can sitting in front of a computer over 3-4 hours a day hinder LD/ normal dream possibility?

What kind if meditation are people talking about here? And where I can learn about it?

What kind of music should I listen to? I have tried listening to Gulan's Beatless ambient music. But I saw mentions of "binaural beats"? Can I have more info on that?

And the last thing:
I want to try WILD, because I wanted to experience the paralyzation. But I'm a person easily affected by movies. And when I think about doing WILD, I can't help but imagine all those things from horror movies creeping up on me. This is even worse because those movies leave a harsh blow in myself, even though I know it's just a movie. And I never watch those movies, but images slip from trailers and Internet. How can I overcome the fear of seeing those?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2013 13:01

galastrato wrote:Why do I have so few dreams?

You probably arent keeping a dream journal to help your dream recall

Can sitting in front of a computer over 3-4 hours a day hinder LD/ normal dream possibility?

nope..shouldnt make any difference

And the last thing:
I want to try WILD, because I wanted to experience the paralyzation.

I do WILD but dont get any paralyzation with it (nor those images)

But I'm a person easily affected by movies. And when I think about doing WILD, I can't help but imagine all those things from horror movies creeping up on me. This is even worse because those movies leave a harsh blow in myself, even though I know it's just a movie. And I never watch those movies, but images slip from trailers and Internet. How can I overcome the fear of seeing those?

Just by knowing that it would be a dream and hence they cant hurt you and you can take control over them as they are YOUR dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2013 13:04

btifuldreamer wrote: When i went back underwater i was choking a bit from all the water even though i knew seals can breathe underwater. At this time, i thought am i dreaming but then i said i can't be cuz im still awake. I do remember actually telling myslef that becuase it didn't seem like i was asleep.

As LDs feel just as real as real life when you are having one and you ARE AWAKE in a LD.. You need to be doing your reality checks still when you think you are physically awake.. as it may turn out that you arent actually physically awake like you think you are. As long as you continue in your belief that you wont feel awake in a dream.. you will probably keep mistaking dreams for reality.

Many are not at all aware that they arent awake and think they are when they are dreaming except for some of us who "just know" (and in which case then a reality check isnt even needed).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Sander

Postby Sander » 18 Apr 2013 21:56

galastrato wrote:And the last thing:
I want to try WILD, because I wanted to experience the paralyzation.

funny how al the new guys immediately attempt the hardest LD technique =)

welcome to the forums, btw :p if you want to learn about how to start your lucid dreaming endeavour, you should read the blog.. http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/
LOTS of interesting information there :)

secondly: you shouldn't be afraid of what you see in movies, as they are just movies :) i think a lot of people here can say that the most frightening experience you can have while trying to lucid dream is sleep paralysis.. and that's only when you allow it to be a frightening experience.

Simply know that lucid dreaming is a wonderful and enriching goal to pursue :)

good luck
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Return to “For Beginners”