do you tell others you have lucid dreams?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Worldenterer1

Re: do you tell others you have lucid dreams?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 16 Apr 2013 04:51

Yes. The world must know.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Lys

Postby Lys » 17 Apr 2013 13:50

It depends. I told my father, who is quite open minded. He seems to understand the concept of it but never experiented something like that. He usually don't remember his dream. My mother... She don't get it and think I am strange. She remember all of her dreams and even think some of them have a meaning. But she is still afraid of it I think. When I had my first SP I was more afraid than I had been in my entire life and she blamed it on a "nightmare".
"Sweetie you where dreaming"
And I was like "That's what I am trying to tell you, I was sleeping but my body was awake" but she didn't understand.
I also told my best friend and she think its weird but accepts it.
I tell my boyfriend when I am dreaming about him, but not the fact that I acutally choose to dream about him :3

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 17 Apr 2013 14:08

My father didn't know about Lucid Dreaming, so he believed he did not have any. He then told me that, in some nightmares, he kills himself in the dream, because he knows that he is dreaming and death is a way to wake up. I told him: "That's a lucid dream! You have it!"
My grandmother says that she has a recurrent dream about a tribe chasing to kill her. I'm currently teaching her to have a lucid dream for when that happens she can stop running and try to talk with them. Maybe something interesting might come out.

galastrato

Postby galastrato » 18 Apr 2013 00:33

to be honest i can't wait to see one, and when i do, i will be running around telling everybody. because this is just amazing! to control your dreams, and do whatever you want in them?? heck i will yell about it all day, it is sooooooo fascinating! i have experienced super positive shock when i found out about this, and i want others to feel the same!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 18 Apr 2013 00:47

To me the most amazing thing is touching things and picking up objects, how absolutely real that is.

Touching and holding solid objects, feeling their weight and texture etc. really must be experienced to be fully appreciated. Experiencing any of the waking-life quality of senses in a dream is truly unbelievable. That's what gives me so much enthuiasm and excitement about it, just want tell everyone.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Apr 2013 02:28

I tell everyone about lucid dreaming and I tell them they are missing out if they are not practising it. If you haven't had a lucid dream, you haven't lived yet! Go read Stephen LaBerge and take it seriously right now!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

mia

Postby mia » 30 Apr 2013 02:19

Well, I tried telling someone else again today. Big bomb! I felt very awkward; and was SO sorry I brought it up. They acted awkward. So no more. How come you all seem to know people who appreciate this?
:( secret secret secret life ; ain't nobody's business if I do
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 May 2013 00:09

I told a group of 4 people about it last night. At first they didn't seem to interested, but as I described the experiences in detail along with conversations with DCs and how absolutely real everything is, they began to get interested. I am very enthusiastic and really try to convey how awesome the experience is. But from what I gather talking to them, some people just don;t have the same of vividness in their dreams and for me the level of total reality is what makes LDs so fantastic.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 01 May 2013 00:22

After teaching some stuff to my grandmother, this week i began to "teach" my mother. We talked about dreams, she asked me how can a person remember to do stuff in the dreams. I told her about reality checks, concentrating before sleep and other stuff.
She has a recurring dream that she is walking with us (sons and husband) and suddenly we disappear. She begins to panic. I'm teaching her how to overcome this, to make RC's to see that she is dreaming, or calling us (DC's), etc... She is believing. Let me see how that goes in a recent dream.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 May 2013 01:29

Feliz sonhos lucidos!! 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”