How did you discover Lucid Dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kaylium

How did you discover Lucid Dreaming?

Postby Kaylium » 20 Apr 2013 22:26

I first found out about it after I watched The Matrix and I was reading about it on my computer. :D

neverlandjulia

Re: How did you discover Lucid Dreaming?

Postby neverlandjulia » 20 Apr 2013 23:43

I found an article on lifehacker.org if I remember well :P

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Apr 2013 01:00

I discovered lucid dreaming about five years ago in a Michael Powell book called "Mind Games". But I was already experiencing multiple false awakenings, floating out of body and conscious dreaming when I was only four or five.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Apr 2013 04:55

Lucid Dreaming discovered me.
But I still can't will it to happen with much success.
It just happens sometimes.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 21 Apr 2013 05:27

I myself discovered it for me, I used to give importance to my dreams and slowly learnt lucid dreaming and one day I googled my experiences and came to know that it is called lucid dreaming.
Do a reality check

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 21 Apr 2013 09:22

Film Inception
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

mia

Postby mia » 21 Apr 2013 16:36

Like Hagart, they just happened; and kept happening reasonably regularly, but I am now trying to learn how to induce them.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Timkitchen

Postby Timkitchen » 22 Apr 2013 06:41

I came to know about Lucid dreaming from internet. After that I started practicing it and now I am perfect in it.

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 22 Apr 2013 13:13

Through a spiritual lesson that covered various topics, including Astral Projection, Chakras, higher dimensions, meditation, and of course, lucid dreaming.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

DreamyDazzler

Postby DreamyDazzler » 22 Apr 2013 20:13

When i was younger maybe 16 or 17 i had three out of body experiences without knowing what they were. they scared me and i called a local radio station that runs a phone in and spoke to the host who is heavily into ghosts, strange phenomena, the unexplained etc etc and when i described what happened to me he said i had just perfectly described out of body experiences. after that i got interested in that kind of stuff, got myself the internet, did lots of research and stumbled upon ' lucid dreaming'. Since then i've never had out of body type stuff and over the years i've had a few lucid dreams without really trying. the past week or so i've actively tried to go lucid and i've been successfull everytime. I must be open to this kind of stuff naturally! :D

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”