Crying in dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jeppx

Re: Crying in dreams

Postby Jeppx » 03 Apr 2013 19:36

I've had almost the exakt same experience like Silver has. My grandmother passed away 12 years ago, at that time I was only 7 years old so I dont have too many clear memories of her. I think about her alot and really really want to meet her. Recently I found some homerecorded VHS films that I converted to my computer. There were some footage of her and I really studied her movement, bodylanguage and faceexpressions. A couple of nights later I met her in a dream. She had the same dress as she had in the film so I suspect my mind used that to create the dream. It never got lucid but it was still very clear and i remember hugging her and I could really feel it. Thats when I started crying. Somehow I knew it wasnt real and that I would never be able to meet her again, but the dream was so real it really got me and after a while the pacific ocean was pouring out of my eyes. It was a emotional release just as Silver said and it felt very good. I didn't wake up though. But it was a very special and vivid dream

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 04 Apr 2013 12:19

Jeppx wrote:I've had almost the exakt same experience like Silver has. My grandmother passed away 12 years ago, at that time I was only 7 years old so I dont have too many clear memories of her. I think about her alot and really really want to meet her. Recently I found some homerecorded VHS films that I converted to my computer. There were some footage of her and I really studied her movement, bodylanguage and faceexpressions. A couple of nights later I met her in a dream. She had the same dress as she had in the film so I suspect my mind used that to create the dream. It never got lucid but it was still very clear and i remember hugging her and I could really feel it. Thats when I started crying. Somehow I knew it wasnt real and that I would never be able to meet her again, but the dream was so real it really got me and after a while the pacific ocean was pouring out of my eyes. It was a emotional release just as Silver said and it felt very good. I didn't wake up though. But it was a very special and vivid dream

That's a good dream experience on emotions, and I like how the dream carried what you perceived about her in the film to a dream character.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 22 Apr 2013 13:10

I have finally experienced crying in a normal dream. So the dream goes like this:
I'm with my parents and it is night. I start feeling really uncomfortable and unhappy for unknown reasons. Then, I begin shedding tears heavily to express the negative feelings and unfold them. My parents don't care or say anything about this situation. I feel very rejected and guilty for not being cared about by anyone. It doesn't stop there; I start crying even harder and with loud, gasping noises.

When I woke up, I didn't remember this dream right away. Instead, it came to my mind in the middle of the day, which is pretty crazy, since this dream is significantly emotional.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

mia

Postby mia » 22 Apr 2013 14:39

Yes, definitely. I have.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Everiste

Postby Everiste » 26 Apr 2013 13:45

Hi,

I have experienced crying in dreams and it has been the most intense emotion, far stronger than waking-life, and completely soaking-real-tears. These have been highly therapeutic events, and very pleasurable.

Live long and Prosper.

Everiste.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”