Lucid Sea Acrobats and Martial Arts

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Summerlander

Lucid Sea Acrobats and Martial Arts

Postby Summerlander » 14 Mar 2013 20:06

Date: 03/03/2013
Method of entry: dream consciousness (unplanned)
Bedtime: 2am (undesired and had tea)
Awakening: 5 am (unintentional)
Return to bed: 5.10 am (after loo)
Attempt: N/A (involuntary experience + woke up at 10 am)
Dream-initiated lucid dream: Sea Dance

I pre-lucidly boarded a ship whilst being pursued by a gang. I looked out of one of the hatches to behold bad weather looming over a machinery-ridden deck. The sky became gradually darker and more thunderous as I felt that my pursuers would soon find me. Suddenly, it dawned on me that being pursued and extremely bad weather were common dream cues for me. Everything became clear as my lucidity meter skyrocketed.

I plunged into the sea and my body undulated to the rhythm of its waves, and, like a dolphin, occasionally rising out of and falling back into the water. I appreciated not feeling wet and was enjoying myself so much that I wanted to share the experience with someone. Voila! Out of the blue appeared my wife surrounded by a serene environment. The sea was calm and the sky was blue and clear. I saw how the water reflected sunlight realistically and decided to excite my other senses by splashing and listening to the sound it produced.

I took to flying and soared through the sky, going all the way to the exosphere, only to plunge into the sea again at maximum speed. Stacey was doing her own acrobatics and looked happy. I was very excited about where I perceived myself to be. We started walking on water towards each other and watched how the sea gradually turned into a solid and bumpy crystal bed graced by patches of snow. I commented to Stacey on how magical such transmutation seemed. I rubbed her shoulders in order to maintain a good depth of the lucid state and requested that the two of us turn away from the beautiful landscape in order to will another epic transmutation.

As if by thaumaturgy, when we turned and I wished not to look at the entire landscape, it was as if we suddenly stood on the edge of the world and a blue foggy wall had emerged before us about a yard away. That was all I could see as I tauntingly wagered against pseudo-Stacey that the landscape would transubstantiate back into water and not scorching desert sand as she predicted. I thought I would win in the self-complacency that only I could have absolute lordship over that lucid dream world and not some illusory character resembling my wife. I was wrong. When we turned around, I saw multiple sunlit sand dunes and the shimmering horizon was indicative of arid climate.

I took off like Superman towards the horizon and discovered something peculiar. I had literally reached the confines of that world in the form of a quirky, atmospheric barrier that can be best described like a vitreous corner of dense air as the meeting point for two intersecting, sky-blue walls and the vacuum below me. The environment was literally and masterly closed off in three dimensions. I parted this oddity with my hands as though the sky walls were curtains, and, in doing so, expanded the dreamscape.

The Stacey character appeared to have followed me in flight into the next world, a world where we continued our acrobatic dance in the vast expanse of an enclosed basketball court. “I feel like I’m in The Matrix!” - I exclaimed. Suddenly, a horde of figures like agents from the film I was just thinking about emerged from the ground. I fought a few of them off in midair as part of my fun while Stacey dealt with the ones that never left the ground. “Another lesson in martial arts!” - I thought. I was effortlessly blocking all manner of attacks with great agility.

I wanted these characters, who had started out as “agents” but now appeared to be ordinary men, to be more challenging. My desire seemed to cause them to grow taller and beefier. I was besieged and dwarfed by them. But this excited me because it was exactly what I wanted. I fought them with confidence and they smiled at me as though we had a special partnership as a means to a beneficial end. I woke up at 10am feeling great.

Dream consciousness was not planned prior to bedtime at 2am after a cup of green tea. Prior to the involuntary induction of this DILD, sleep had been interrupted at 5am by a need to use the loo.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Re: Lucid Sea Acrobats and Martial Arts

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2013 01:30

What an awesome dream :) . I love how you were able to change your dream settings and keep the DC of your wife with you with the dream changes and how she interacted with you (I usually dont interact much with my DCs as they arent real enough for me or too strange or ignore me).

That was all I could see as I tauntingly wagered against pseudo-Stacey that the landscape would transubstantiate back into water and not scorching desert sand as she predicted. I thought I would win in the self-complacency that only I could have absolute lordship over that lucid dream world and not some illusory character resembling my wife. I was wrong.

You still had lordship over your dream as Stacey too was you being a part of your subconciousness.. and it hence was that part of you which created. You'd lost awareness that that part and stacey was YOU too hence carried some power as well to create in your dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Mar 2013 00:04

Come to think of it, your last paragraph really resonates.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 21 Apr 2013 06:20

Fantastic lucid dream and thanks for the poetic telling!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Apr 2013 10:28

Thanks! Lol! I think I overdo it with the words sometimes!

- Padmasambhava

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 22 Apr 2013 19:04

That sounds amazing. I can't wait to get lucid dreams like yours!
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Apr 2013 01:39

It's all about enjoying yourself and holding on to the lucid dream for as long as possible.

- Padmasambhava

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 23 Apr 2013 22:47

I always enjoy reading your dreams because you use such vivid text.
I am able to put myself there. As Ariadne said, it's all about "the feel of the dream."
:)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 Apr 2013 10:42

Absolutely! It is very much about the feel of the dream. I try as best as I can to convey the lucid dream experience in words and sometimes art because I feel this need to share with others how awesome it was. It's like I need witnesses. LOL!

But try as I might to convey to others what it was like there are some things in these altered states which are just ineffable.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”