My dream environments are always devoid of people

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
taniaaust1

Re: My dream environments are always devoid of people

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Apr 2013 02:02

boardsenseless wrote:Oh I see, I need more intention in my thoughts. That's really interesting. Have you ever tried meditating in a Lucid Dream? I've heard it can be very powerful, my ex girlfriend claimed she healed an old back injury that way. I really want to out your advice to practice now but I only tend to have Lucid Dreams randomly about once every couple of months or so. Thanks for everything you've shared with me.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Ive never tried to meditate in a dream, but yeah that is something I do want to do at some point as Ive had some amazing meditation experiences in real life.. which maybe could be easily repeated in a dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 29 May 2013 21:33

Hi

I had another LD a couple of nights ago. I had woken up around 5am needing the lavatory, when I returned to bed I decided to try WILD, so I plugged myself into an Isobeat and settled into my affirmation routine. When I fell asleep I found myself standing outside the door of a large stately home. I got the impression that it belonged to an aristocratic Canadian family (I have no idea why Canadian and I very much felt that the house looked more German in style). Although I was aware that I was dreaming I didn't really feel fully lucid and was still, slightly aware of my physical body. I opened the door and felt as though something was watching me from behind the door, but I had a strong sense that I had to go into the house, that there was something very significant about it. Once in the house I became even more aware of my physical body outside of the dream. I came to a large room and felt myself floating, like it was a zero gravity chamber. At this point I found myself back in my bedroom but was half out of body, my legs felt as though they were floating up to the ceiling and I was almost completely inverted. I could also feel my arms floating above my head, even though I was also fully aware of my physical arms, resting by my side in bed. I concentrated on relaxing and just enjoying this surreal experience and then suddenly found myself back in the dream, floating inside the large room. This happened a couple of times, switching between the dream and my physical/astral body. The whole time I was fully aware of my physical eyes and trying not to open them so as not to "wake" myself up. When I eventually snapped out of it and the dream dissolved I just laid in bed feeling really chilled out, slightly frustrated that neither the Lucid Dream or the Astral Projection really came to anything, but satisfied that I had finally had an Astral experience after such a long time of trying. I can't explain this but it's not the first time I've had this kind of experience, I just wish I could harness it to better effect.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jun 2013 08:04

boardsenseless wrote: Once in the house I became even more aware of my physical body outside of the dream. I came to a large room and felt myself floating, like it was a zero gravity chamber. At this point I found myself back in my bedroom but was half out of body, my legs felt as though they were floating up to the ceiling and I was almost completely inverted. I could also feel my arms floating above my head, even though I was also fully aware of my physical arms, resting by my side in bed. I concentrated on relaxing

Congrats on that astral body experience even if you didnt manage to get out of the body (its so common to be "stuck".. arms and legs seem to free much easier then the torso area!! That's a very common OBE experience).

Next time you are like that.. you could try doing an astral summersault as that should either flip you into the astral (probably your room) or may take you into a dream (seeing you were in between states).

Another way Ive gone astrally out, is pick one of the astral bits of you which are out and try to slide out of your body taking that part further and further away from you. eg focus on where your astral feet are and try to stretch them further and further away from your body. That can end up making you either slide or you will "pop" out. Or imagine a rope astrally just where your astral hands were..and use that rope as an aid to help pull you astrally out... climb the rope (that's one of Robert Bruce's techniques).

If you just wait to get out while already hanging out of your body.. that is how you are more likely to end up in a LD rather then an astral experience as after a while your waking consciousness will start to relax and your subconsciousness and dreaming will take over.

You may have to put some effort in to free your astral body up rather then relax and end up in a LD, the fact you were half hanging out of your body, shows your astral body was plenty relaxed already. (so in this case i do think you had a choice which you could be in.. relax and start to allow your mind to drift would take you into a LD.. or focus and concentrate hard on your astral body you could feel and try to move it away from the physical body more.. reach out by focusing on reaching things further away from your physical one.

I do wonder what the result would of been had you opened your eyes.. you "may" of opened your astral eyes seeing you were certainly connected to your astral body at the time. Could you astrally see? or were your astral eyes shut? Best not to thou open your eyes if you are feeling your physical body still as well.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jun 2013 08:35

boardsenseless wrote:I have a problem with my lucid dreams, I am desperate to seek knowledge and ask questions but I very rarely encounter any dream characters. I usually become lucid and then demand clarity, which tends to "lock in" the dream environment, making it more tangible. However, as soon as I do this any dreams characters dissappear, leaving me in a very solid physical environment but one that is eerily peaceful. I have experimented with with environments in various ways and done some pretty cool stuff but can hardly ever find people to interract with.
Any thoughts?

I just had a thought thou its probably not right but it came to me when reading your latest experience where you were going from dreams to astral state and back and forth.

When I have OBES I dont tend to come across others (only on rare occassions depending on where Ive gone to and if others are present in that astral place at the time eg I OBE to astral pulse island one time and in that place there was others but many other places there is no one). So I wondered if you could be when your waking consciousness comes in.. in more like an astral plane and hence all the things your subconciousness was creating may vanish when you wake up (become aware) to that.. maybe the environment you were in was a real astral place??? with just the people your own mind creations?

Probably a crazy idea but your last experience and my own experience of the astral plane being a much quieter place then my dreams made me just think of that. Many places in the astral plane I find "eeriely peaceful" (so that too made me wonder if you've changed states at that point). I suggest to try to check this idea out.

Try to astral travel back to your house and do an OBE reality check there eg check out the cars on your street (try not to start dreaming and dont project out thoughts of what you "think" you will see) or look at something else you could later check out physically and then wake yourself up and see if you saw right. You could leave a card in real life upright not looking at it, on a cupboard top to check out for when you experience something like this to work out if you are dreaming or becoming aware of the astral.

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 02 Jun 2013 10:03

Thanks for the advice. I have had this kind of experience quite a lot this year, more so than having Lucid Dreams. I have become fully OBE on, I believe, three occasions, the first two happened completely randomly and I was able to float around the room before sinking myself through the floor to travel through a portal. I had another experience recently where I saw my "third eye" open up before me and I travelled through a portal where I saw a bar with a man sitting waiting to speak to me but also on that occasion I was still aware of my physical eyes which resulted in me waking up. I have had several experiences where my astral body has got stuck and always I end up waking and ending the experience. I often find myself either snoring loudly or choking during these experiences. My ex girlfriend witnessed one such episode when I had a sleep paralysis and had a semi OBE where I was trying to attract her attention only to feel my astral body fall out of bed and lay, naked on the cold floor. At that point I woke up in bed next to her. She thought it very cool because she often has massive OBEs herself and has been in regular close contact with her "higher self" for some time. But back to me. I've been getting very frustrated with my experiences lately and would love to be able to control these episodes more skillfully. I have heard of the rope technique and will try one of these techniques next time it happens. Thanks again.

Last edited by boardsenseless on 28 Jun 2013 09:11, edited 1 time in total.

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 10 Jun 2013 16:38

Last week I had 3, yes 3, LDs! That's an all-time record me. I had lots and lots of short vivid dreams and several semi lucid dreams and I definitely became lucid on three occasions, albeit for only a short period of time each time. I didn't really get an opportunity to try any of the experiments but I did learn two very important things. On a couple of occasions my reality checks didn't work, I was semi lucid and kind of aware that I was dreaming, hence why I was doing reality checks, but the checks failed multiple times. It's obvious that all the reality checks I've been doing in RT have been half hearted or, at least, lacking in focus or attention. I need to concentrate more consciously in waking life on my reality checks otherwise they will fail in dreams. Secondly in all three lucid dreams I flew, in one immediately after becoming lucid I instantly decided to fly to the moon and simply took off like a rocket. Unfortunately once I encountered a presence/person/DC/consciousness on the moon I woke up before they were able to tell me something really interesting (this always happens to me). However, I have now realised that every time I interact with DCs I'm almost always in space, so that's where I need to go in future. But I learnt new flying skills in my next LD. Having flown to the moon in my previous LD the next time I became lucid I decided to fly to a set target (in this case it was a tornado on the horizon) I flew with ease but found myself trying to steer with my arms which was awkward and clumsy. Once at my destination, which was some kind of department store, I was flying around trying to catch some kind of life-force which was also flying. I suddenly decided tom place my hands by my sides and was instantly able to control my flight completely intuitively. I now realise that using my "physical" body or limbs to control flight while in the astral state is ridiculous as my physical body is only a figment of my imagination. When we are in astral state or a dream environment we are pure consciousness, energy and so distracting ourselves by attempting to use arms is pointless. By placing my arms at my sides I was able to just go where ever my "eyes" or rather awareness looked. Fascinating! I'll try the suggestion about travelling back to my home the next time I'm lucid if i think of it. Regards

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 28 Jun 2013 09:26

This morning I woke early, so read some of Rebecca's blogs and then settled down, with an isochronic tone, to induce a Lucid Dream. The tone finished and I had been drifting in and out of Hypnogogia but no dream so I unplugged the headphones and rolled over to sleep, where I almost instantly went into paralysis. I started to feel my lower body lifting out again but, as before, was very aware of my physical eyes so I kept telling myself I have no eyes and then I felt my physical arms so, again, told myself I have no arms. I also concentrated on trying to relax and dissolve any expectations. Pretty soon I was fully OBE and floating around my room. I drifted behind the wardrobe and started to go through the wall, I had hoped this would take me into an Astral portal or some other Astral plain. Instead I found myself back on my bed and there was a chubby girl sitting on the bed. It felt like she was my girlfriend, or significant other. I thought about changing her into my ex girlfriend (long story) but decided against that and, instead, began to physically seduce her but I didn't feel fully lucid at this point and then I "woke up" and went upstairs where my flat mate and his girlfriend were having breakfast on the balcony (crisps and cake for some reason). I spoke to them and then decided to make a raw chocolate smoothie (a favourite of mine) but I was unable to find my hand blender in the cupboard. I then woke up for real.

I sometimes feel these semi lucid experiences are a waste of time and that I would get more out of it if I had more control over them but, at least, I am having these experiences far more frequently now which is positive. I just want to be able to explore more, learn more and see more. I really want to communicate with "spirit guides" my "higher self" and to visit the Akashic Records. I know that dreams and astral travel are the keys to knowledge of self and knowledge of the universe and that is my goal. :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 29 Jun 2013 11:58

Yeah it seems you are slowly progressing with it. Keep working on it and you will get there. Appears you are getting now more DCs into your dreams too.

I highly suggest always doing a reality check whenever you think you've woken up.

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 29 Jun 2013 17:23

Thanks, I have been trying to remember to that that. I am also doing several reality checks throughout the day. I am a fitness instructor so it's difficult to do them during classes but I am managing between 4 and 10 a day, most days.

Thanks for your support.

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 17 Nov 2013 16:04

A couple of nights ago I had a really long lucid dream, it was massive and I remember thinking that it felt really long. Unfortunately I don't recall the dream, just the fact that I had it. In fact it was only later that day that I had a slight flashback reminding me that it happened. I'm dissapointed because I am certain I achieved some long term goals in this one. Anyway, this morning I had a short LD and something weird happened. I found myself in a room with a door but the door woukdn't move and it was very dark beyond the door. I got a sense that I wasn't supposed to enter but my curiosity got the better of me. I eventually managed to go through the door (literally right through it) and in the room was a coffin. I ooened the coffin and there was a corpse which looked kind of A sexual, with a shaved cropped hair style and a suit and tie. The face had make up on, it took me a while to work out if it was male or female, I decided it was female. What happened next was weird. I got a sense that I should kiss the corpse. There wasn't anything erotic about it I just kissed her on the lips and wondered if she would come alive and then I woke up. Odd!

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”