What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
lucidinthe sky

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Apr 2013 03:52

Worldenterer1 wrote:Okay okay, I'll admit it! Maybe I was trolling a little bit by creating this thread! :lol:

It's O.K to troll here as long as have "right" opinion.

IBTL
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 25 Apr 2013 03:54

lucidinthe sky wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:Okay okay, I'll admit it! Maybe I was trolling a little bit by creating this thread! :lol:

It's O.K to troll here as long as have "right" opinion.

IBTL

What kind of opinion?
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 25 Apr 2013 14:15

Before the thread gets locked, I would like to just say my view innocently real quick :)

I follow no religion, but I do believe in god. I believe in all the enlightened masters, such as Bhudda, Jesus, and Muhammad. I do believe in "god" but it is hard to say exactly what "god" is. To put it best, god is all of us. We are god. Life is god. And I believe a source contiousness of light resides in the center of our universe, so that's "god" really to me.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Apr 2013 18:13

Lucid link, would you say you subscribe to Einstein's pantheism, then? Feel free to pm me if this gets locked.

Lucid in the sky, even with the inverted comas your statement still sounds totalitarian, don't you think?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 25 Apr 2013 19:22

Summerlander wrote:Lucid link, would you say you subscribe to Einstein's pantheism, then? Feel free to pm me if this gets locked.

Lucid in the sky, even with the inverted comas your statement still sounds totalitarian, don't you think?

I'm not exactly sure about it, but I looked into it very quickly, and I would say I would, yes.

It interests me, because I've told people a quote by Albert Einstein that supports my beliefs, and he said "The religion of the future will be a cosmic one."
So I always considered myself a follower of that "cosmic religion of the future" Albert spoke of. Now I see there's more to it then just that quote haha!

Albert was a brilliant man, far ahead of his time. It's a shame we don't have him now, when science and math is a little more caught up with his understandings.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Apr 2013 01:43

He was indeed a brilliant scientific mind and a poet at heart. What a genius.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Apr 2013 09:53

LucidLink wrote:Before the thread gets locked, I would like to just say my view innocently real quick :)

I follow no religion, but I do believe in god. I believe in all the enlightened masters, such as Bhudda, Jesus, and Muhammad. I do believe in "god" but it is hard to say exactly what "god" is. To put it best, god is all of us. We are god. Life is god. And I believe a source contiousness of light resides in the center of our universe, so that's "god" really to me.

What I think is interesting, is that I think that more LD people believe that then those of the average people. (maybe those who do LD are more evolved? or something? so have broken free of the common religions more.)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 26 Apr 2013 18:51

[quote="LucidLink"]Before the thread gets locked, I would like to just say my view innocently real quick :)

I am 100% behind you :)

Return to “Off-Topic”