stabilizing...?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lizashis

stabilizing...?

Postby lizashis » 25 Apr 2013 03:12

Im just starting to learn to LD. I keep a dream journal which is helping me remember dreams to find triggeres. Im fairly good at doing realtiy checks every time the opportunity appears, however even when i do realize im in a LD I start to wake up. Ive heard stablizing a dream can help control this but im not exactly sure what it is. Any explainations? Best ways?
Dreaming can be used as an escape, my drug. or hell, my nightmares. Either way, reality has no chance.

taniaaust1

Re: stabilizing...?

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2013 05:43

rubbing hands briskly together in the dream works well for many You may need to experiment with any different things till you work out what works best for you. Some of us have found the "what's in your dream pockets?" good to focus on to extend a dream a bit longer due to the focus on that.

Make sure you also have a LD goal to to do .. as focusing on what you wish to do in the dream can sometimes help too (its best to work out a goal before you find yourself in a LD, as standing there tryin to work out what you want to do in the LD can cause people to loose it as when the do that.. they are focused on their own thoughts rather then on the surroundings much.)..
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lizashis

Postby lizashis » 25 Apr 2013 06:15

taniaaust1 wrote:rubbing hands briskly together in the dream works well for many You may need to experiment with any different things till you work out what works best for you. Some of us have found the "what's in your dream pockets?" good to focus on to extend a dream a bit longer due to the focus on that.

Make sure you also have a LD goal to to do .. as focusing on what you wish to do in the dream can sometimes help too (its best to work out a goal before you find yourself in a LD, as standing there tryin to work out what you want to do in the LD can cause people to loose it as when the do that.. they are focused on their own thoughts rather then on the surroundings much.)..

I will try the pockets thing. i also thought about maybe using a surrounding check. Hope this works better than my previous "straight to it" technique.
Dreaming can be used as an escape, my drug. or hell, my nightmares. Either way, reality has no chance.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2013 07:34

lizashis wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:rubbing hands briskly together in the dream works well for many You may need to experiment with any different things till you work out what works best for you. Some of us have found the "what's in your dream pockets?" good to focus on to extend a dream a bit longer due to the focus on that.

I will try the pockets thing. i also thought about maybe using a surrounding check. Hope this works better than my previous "straight to it" technique.

Paying more attention to your dream surrounds is good for stabilization too. You can try to find something in your dream that you can use to help stabilize if you are needing to do so eg something which really interests you.

One time when I needed to stabilize myself (I was so unstable that i didnt have my dream sight in yet,, dream completely black).. I asked a dream character to hand me her baby which I took and then bounced it up and down hard on my knees to keep me in the dream. This worked well till my sight came in and I saw how horribly ugly that baby was which shocked me out of that LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 25 Apr 2013 21:45

The key to stabilising the dream is engaging all the senses. Focus hard on an object, take in the detail. Listen carefully and touch nearby things. Ignore the 'pull' back to waking reality and keep your senses firmly locked in the dreamscape.
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”