A series of failed experiences

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Highlander

A series of failed experiences

Postby Highlander » 24 Apr 2013 10:24

On today's lucid dream, i tried various things I read in forums. Almost all of them failed. To make it short:
-Ask dream characters: "Why are you here?"
I asked various characters but I only had answer like: "I don't know." or "Don't bother me."
-Say: "Show me something spectacular." to see what happens
I do this about 5 times, but nothing. The last time i closed my eyes for one second and opened. Nothing.
-Fly into space
I'm flying backwards. I focus on continuing to fly and start to do the zoom technique that i've posted in this forum, but i just go up about a little.
-Find a mystical city
I decide to look for Atlantis. I'm flying over the sea. I only see the imense sea for some time and nothing else. I give up.
-Breathe in water
I dive into the sea but I don't go very deep, just about 5 feet. But I can breathe in water. At last, an experience that worked.

mia

Re: A series of failed experiences

Postby mia » 25 Apr 2013 02:56

I know what you mean. Me too.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2013 05:56

Ask dream characters: "Why are you here?"
I asked various characters but I only had answer like: "I don't know." or "Don't bother me."

I wouldnt call that a failed experiement as you did get an answer (they dont have a clue). That's probably what I think my DCs would be like, they are fairly stupid. Most of my DCs seem to have like an IQ of a 3 year old.

The only way I managed to breath underwater has been to create myself an oxygen tank and mask once I started drowning while trying this... my subconscious fear of drowning even when Im LD must be too strong. (I did drown in a past life and also nearly drowned in this life.. so maybe that is the issue).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 25 Apr 2013 10:34

taniaaust1 wrote:I wouldnt call that a failed experiement as you did get an answer (they dont have a clue). That's probably what I think my DCs would be like, they are fairly stupid. Most of my DCs seem to have like an IQ of a 3 year old.

I said it was a failed experience because i have talked to DC's in many dreams and they always responded with interesting stuff. I've had good conversations, very philosophical and some even too strange for me to understand. But nothing like this one.
But, as you said, at least they answered me, yes.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 25 Apr 2013 14:32

Wow haha good job on having a long enough lucid dream to do all that, and remember.
Next time try something amazing instead of spectacular ;)
And also, in your quest to find Atlantis, it might help if I say my opinion, which is that Atlantis did not sink, it flew away.

You could also travel far enough back into the past, when Atlantis was a city with life and all, and see it in all it's glory! ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 25 Apr 2013 16:35

LucidLink wrote:And also, in your quest to find Atlantis, it might help if I say my opinion, which is that Atlantis did not sink, it flew away.

Looking back at my dream, i should have done other things to find it. I should have dive right away to see Atlantis underwater, for example.
I was expecting Atlantis above water. Again, the expectation ruined the experience. Well, "Live and Learn". Or, in this case, "Dream and Learn." ;)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Apr 2013 18:37

You could even expect to find Atlantis above water. Sometimes negative expectations and fears get the better of us. A preconscious thought such as "what if all I find is water as I fly over this ocean?" is enough to manifest that reality to our disappointment. Mental barriers can be born this way...

How do we solve this?

Well, in Highlander's example we could close our eyes in flight and imagine that the mysterious city is already looming over the horizon before us. Then we open our eyes to confirm that Atlantis is really there.

The same applies to dream characters. If they are evasive or unresponsive, find others who will be more sociable. You want a scientific conversation? Perhaps summoning Einstein will help. Want spiritual advice and wisdom? Talk to Buddha. Find the models that in your mind associate with what you are looking for.

If the goal is to know thyself then questioning random dream figures applies. Question their presence and representation. Don't let "failures" put you off. If the character is unresponsive, ask it how you can make it responsive and revealing. If it says "leave me alone" say "why?", "Why do you seem angry?", "What can I do to help?"

Be patient and get them to open up gently. Don't force them. You can see them like your children if you like. Don't be surprised if the information they give you is very personal. They may even get you to consider things about yourself that previously went unnoticed. They may even highlight information about others that your subconscious picked up on.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”