WOW i mastered it last night!!!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
DreamyDazzler

WOW i mastered it last night!!!

Postby DreamyDazzler » 20 Apr 2013 22:27

Ok so i've been interested in lucid dreams for a while and seem to have a natural ability to get myself there but never had full control. Last night was mind blowing.. i mean a full on revelation! totally unbelievable... i doubted other peoples accounts of what happened to them but now i AM one of them!! so excited!!

So last night i went to sleep as usual then woke up. when i woke up i started with the " am i dreaming? is ths real? i think im dreaming" inner talk to myself. i also touched my bedroom wall and my nearby tv screen.. i think the experts call this a reality check. anyway..

when i went back to sleep i had a false awakening which i gather is normal and everyone has this but 99% of people don't remember or even realise that false awakenings are completely normal and very often.. they forget they ever had one instantly because they aren't looking for it and don't know how. Well i was prepared using the above methods and i swear i ended up trapped in a loop of false awakening and realisations. i had about 20 lucid dreams last night!!! becasue this was new i have varible control over the dreams but i honestly feel i;ve made huge steps towards becoming a master at this. let me explain ( please bare with me i'm going to go into extreme details from now on)

So i did the " am i dreaming? am i awake ? i must be dreaming" thing in my head after waking from a normal sleep. then i dropped off into REAL sleep and had a false awakening straight away. when i woke ( in my dream) i immediately asked myself am i dreaming? and touch my tv. the tv sort of felt slimey and sort of wobbled and moulded into strage shapes which immediately made me realise yes i am dreaming!! ( and i had about 20 identical false awakenings after that)

the first one i went to my bedroom window and tryed to go through it but there seemed to be a barrier blocking me.. also when i wanted to see people i knew they just wouldnt appear or my surroundings just wouldn't change to my will. as i had more and more false awakenings my ability to alter the world seemed to grow. eventually i was able to quickly realise a false awakening ( which for some reason ALWAYS were the same.. touching my tv.. asking am i dreaming.. realisation soon after). one or two of my false awakenings had me sitting on my bedroom floor looking in the mirror and realising i didnt quite look right.. something was just off. not sure if that's significant or common.

As my control grew throughout the 15 to 20 mini dreams i had i began to push to see what i could do. in most i flew through my window and swooped around in the sky. i also saw dinosaurs in my street and messed around with them but felt a bit scared so that particular route didnt seem to last long.. but here's the twist!!! after each lucid dream i found myself waking up.. BUT!!! each time i was waking up it was a false awakening!! every single time i was waking in my room touching the wall, touching the tv.. seeing my reflection.. asking if it was a dream and going into a fresh lucid dream everytime!

once i realised i was in lucidity i will admit i tried the sexual route ( which usually used to snap me staight back to full awakeness) but this time i was able to maintain it for what felt like maybe 2 or 3 mintues before the world seemed too surreal and i fell into another false awakening .

( at this stage i was beginning to lose which was a real awakening and which was fake)

the downside is i also had two lucid nightmares involving flying into space and choking on the lack of air..and my dead mothers face screaming at me from a mirror. didnt enjoy that one bit.

i really feel i've made a huge breakthrough and now feel like i know how to do it.

this is my guide on how i did it ( probably the same as most other people but nevermind this is for people needing help to achieve lucidity)

1. go to sleep as normal
2. when you wake up take a little while to ask " am i dreaming? this isnt real etc" over and over while touching nearby objects.. walls, tables, tvs etc..
3. drop back into sleep
4. recoqnise you're having a false awakening by doing step 2 but in dreamworld.
5. everytime you awaken or THINK you're awake follow step 2 " am i dreaming? " touch things nearby to check for strangeness. ( i also feel mirrors are a key factor.. using mirrors i was able to immediately realise something wasnt normal.. the reflection is just off and that helps you see that something is just strange)

the big thing for me was getting trapped in a looping false awakening, exactly the same awakening everytime ( for about 15 to 20 times) but my ability to understand my surroundings and reflection were reacting abnormally is what i feel as the most important thing in setting off my 15-20 lucid dreams one after the other.

im no expert but i now feel that the whole lucid thing revolves around trying to trick yourself into thinking you're dreaming when you wake up from a normal sleep then quickly go back to sleep and be aware during a false awakening. i will try this method again and see if i can replicate the results i've found. if i can then i think i will then have complete confirmation on how everyone can do lucid dreaming. i;ve heard of all kinds of techniques dream journals etc etc but if i'm accurate on judging what set me off on 15 to 20 lucid dreams i think we might be homing in on the key factors for everyone to do it.

lizashis

Re: WOW i mastered it last night!!!

Postby lizashis » 24 Apr 2013 09:30

I havent had many lucid dreams to be honest. and just as mentioned I didnt believe any other peoples stories about their crazy dreams. jus last night on the other hand I had a dream where i was walking down the middle of the road very far away from my home (of corse this was normal to me in the dream) but i was walking with one girl that i have barely ever talked to in my life. this made me realize i was dreaming. im not sure if i was moving too fast or just excited but right away i went for the flying. Though right when i lifted off the ground i felt my self waking up and as much as I hoped i wouldnt i fell to the ground the few inches i had gone up, and woke up.

After flying in your dreams do you have any advice on how to keep something in a LD that is such a new experience from being the trigger wake up. Or how to stabilize your surrrounding before trying something?

DreamyDazzler

Postby DreamyDazzler » 25 Apr 2013 01:18

I'm not sure how to extend it much really as mine have also been quite short. Although recently they have lengthed to what feels like a couple of minutes ( but with an sort of tugging feeling to wake up and me trying to fight it). I think the duration may have something to do with the number of times you go lucid, the more you have the better you are at controlling it i guess. Think of it this way.. first time you try a rollercoaster it's super exciting because it's the unknown.. but as you go on them more and more that initial fear in your stomach wears off and you just take it in your stride and enjoy it. Perhaps it's the same with lucid dreams? I've heard that flying in lucid dreams is notorious for snapping people out of them because it's so overwhelmingly exciting, but it's the first thing we think to do! haha. I would advise you to just keep on working on going lucid as frequent as is comfortable for you and see if things progress naturally. :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2013 07:53

So last night i went to sleep as usual then woke up. when i woke up i started with the " am i dreaming? is ths real? i think im dreaming" inner talk to myself. i also touched my bedroom wall and my nearby tv screen.. i think the experts call this a reality check.

I'd say the defination of a reality check would be to "test" your reality in some way. Just simply touching something may not be a reality test (many would reach out and find things feel normal)...but if you touch it with the thought of its going to change in some way cause its a dream or touching it with the thought you should be able to stick your hand throu it if its a dream... then that's a reality check.

My most false awakenings was about 6 and it was a terrible experience for me as unlike you, I didnt work out each time I was dreaming and thought I was awake doing my normal daily life stuff. It was like being stuck in the movie ground hog day. I did my morning housework eg kitchen dishes etc over and over and over and over and kept finding out I'd just did them all in a dream so had to redo everything again and again. The situation started becoming more like a nightmare situation and more like torture after the 4th time I'd done everything that day (It wasnt short false awakenings but each one seemed to last hours). Situation ended up being so bad that when I finally did wake up for real, I couldnt work out if I was really awake or not (cause I'd been tricked so many times). I felt so lost and confused.

Feeling texture of a wall may fail as a reality check for most .. doing something like looking in a mirror or checking your mobile phone or just trying to push hand throu a wall are better ones to do.

Anyway.. yeah I can see how 20 false awakenings straight would be good practice. It would of naturally become far easier to became aware in the next one after the first few (cause consciously you would be expecting it to happen by then).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2013 08:02

DreamyDazzler wrote: I think the duration may have something to do with the number of times you go lucid, the more you have the better you are at controlling it i guess.

Not necessarily so. Some beginners have no trouble having very long LDs even for their first one. It all depends on the balance of your waking consciousness and subconsciousness at the time.

For me.. Im currently struggling to have long ones but that is cause I've changed the technique that im using to enter into a LD (for me doing it from a WILD with no break in consciousness.. often will give me a short dream due to the stabilization issues I then have). If I dont do it from a WILD, I can have a very long dream as I dont have the stabilization issues then.

But yeah..with practice dreams can get longer too as one can learn then how to hold a dream in longer when loosing it (but if very deep in a subconsciousness state which begginner and experienced LD people alike can have,, the need to stabilize may not even come into things).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”