Can't see hypnagogia

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kaylium

Can't see hypnagogia

Postby Kaylium » 24 Apr 2013 18:59

Last night I tried the WILD technique. After I was relaxed and I was focusing on seeing hypnagogia, I couldn't see anything. Just darkness. I even tried listening to brainwave entrainment while I was doing the technique. ???

lucidinthe sky

Re: Can't see hypnagogia

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Apr 2013 04:18

What happened between when you saw darkness and when you fell asleep? Were you aware during that time?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Kaylium

Postby Kaylium » 25 Apr 2013 06:03

No, I was focused on trying to see the hypnagogia, then I just fell asleep. I wasn't aware that I actually fell asleep.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 25 Apr 2013 08:48

Keep in mind that hypnagogic hallucinations can come in many forms, not just visuals. I tend to feel the motion that I am swaying back and forth.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

alissa

Postby alissa » 26 Apr 2013 04:07

You probably fell asleep. The one time I experienced hypnagogia, I could pretty much tell. I was all, "Omg, is this hypnogogia?!!" and my heart was beating super fast, unless that was part of hypnogogia. My best guess is you fell asleep, because I think you would know when you saw it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”