Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
taniaaust1

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Feb 2013 08:53

HAGART wrote:On another note, I wonder, and I posted this before, do men and women lucid dream differently? I've read that men tend to be more destructive and women are more caring. This, of course, sounds stereotypical, but there might be an element of truth to it.

I do think there may be some truth in it as women prefer to nuture and may not have that "warrior"nature males have but it really I do think depends on the person to. Im in a dream group (there is 4 of us who share dreams together) and we have one male in the group... his dreams are so so peaceful and spiritual usuallly leaving me in awe wishing I had dreams like that. I'd really be surprised if I saw he'd had a killing dream (unless it was in defence).

I think things like babies may feature more in female dreams... babies and swords dont go well together :D
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 12 Feb 2013 01:29

I once dreamed that I was acting as a security guard during a cocaine transfer between two gangs. It got violent and everyone started shooting. I was the last one alive. :?
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

StrangeDreamer

Postby StrangeDreamer » 25 Apr 2013 11:39

Hmmm, I had a strang dream the other night which fetured "Zombie Nazis". They were like soldiers made from parts of dead nazis (They had gas masks on so I couldn't see thier faces). I used the power of asumption and imagined they would be rather fragile. I walked up to one, kicked it and it just fell over. Other than that I can't recall any other times...though I will try it next time I see the guy that shoved me inbetweed a lion and a shark :twisted:
"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." -Eames (Inception)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Apr 2013 13:01

I killed two men in a lucid dream by stabbing then with a blunt knife. I killed one first and disabled the other with severe injuries. Then, while I pinned the injured one to the ground, I gouged out the dead one's left eye and kept pulling on a red thread of flesh until his brain came through the eye socket.

The injured one kept screaming so I took the pleasure to stuff his mouth with his friend's guts. Then I mercilessly stabbed him to death. I noticed an old man watching me from afar, a witness beyond my reach. But I knew I was dreaming and used telekinesis to hurl him into the air and make him splat on the floor.

The initial point of the lucid dream was to practice self-defence against burglars but I ended up drunk with power in my lucidity. Before I knew it, I was an evil warlock wreaking havoc on a dream town and enjoying a murdering spree. I understand psychos now.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 27 Apr 2013 13:54

To me personally, killing a dream character is no bueno. It never even occurred to me, but now that it has, I will be sure to never do it haha.

Dreams are not just dreams to me, and this I even consider that waking life is just as unreal as dream life, so they are the same, which means to me, killing a DC isn't much different then killing a person, the major difference being, I know I can get away with it. Otherwise, killing is killing, especially brutal killing at that. Not a good experience, and not one I would create for myself in a lucid dream.

I much rather have a conversation with a DC and treat him as a real person, (which who knows he may be real!) ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mia

Postby mia » 29 Apr 2013 03:57

I don't want to hurt anything or anyone; in life, or in my dreams. I can't relate at all.
In my dreams, I see all dream characters as aspects of myself appearing in different forms. Messengers from my own subconscious.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Lys

Postby Lys » 05 May 2013 16:12

I dreamt that I stabbed an enemy from school with a stick once, because he was infected with some kind of zombie disease in my dream. I wasn't fully lucid because I didn't understand that there was no use in killing him because he was just a character my mind had created, but I was concious enough to understand that there was no use in fearing him.

blazing

Postby blazing » 21 Dec 2013 23:22

I just turn them into a Car and poof they are not living.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 13 Sep 2014 06:48

There is absolutely nothing wrong with murdering a dream character.

Anyone who thinks this has some religious background.

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Sep 2014 07:11

Wrong, no religion at all and dont think murder is good

You are making statements yet again that will not end well, please moderate your posts a little something along the lines of adding to each " in my opinion, I think" dont make out you views are absolute truth as they are only your opinions and only one point of view

We are glad you are back with us but we all need to respect each

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Dream Characters”