Show me something amazing!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
taniaaust1

Re: Show me something amazing!

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Apr 2013 02:13

LucidLink wrote:If only some one else had tried this, I really wanna hear about another persons experience with this in lucid dreaming.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Ive been real busy playing around currently with something else so havent had time (this other thing will be taking up all my focus for at least the next few weeks). I may share it with you some time... im keeping it to myself right now till I get further in what Im currently doing but keeping a dayly journal of my new experiences.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 24 Apr 2013 10:52

I remembered your post and tried this today. But it didn't work.
I looked at the sky and said it about 5 times, but it gave nothing. The last time i closed my eyes for one second and opened to see if there's something. Nothing.
I have to try again next time.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 25 Apr 2013 13:40

Highlander wrote:I remembered your post and tried this today. But it didn't work.
I looked at the sky and said it about 5 times, but it gave nothing. The last time i closed my eyes for one second and opened to see if there's something. Nothing.
I have to try again next time.

I noticed in your other thread you worded what you said as "show me something spectacular!" Now for some reason, I feel like amazing is a better word then spectacular. Amazing kind of leads to maybe some powerful esoteric secrets in my opinion, but spectacular could just be something really cool, like a giant advanced flying space ship.

But then again, both words should work fine. It's interesting that you tried this with no results, because the first and second time I tried this, it worked very very well. It literally took me somwhere amazing both times.

However, after both those times I have tried again, and I've failed more then once since trying to attempt it again.
So I have done it twice, but also failed a couple times and had nothing happen.

So yes please keep trying, it CAN work.

But it leads to an interesting question, why does it work sometimes but not all the time? I wonder if it has something to do with our expectation intent and purpose? How much we truly wanna see something amazing? I'm not sure but I think it goes along those lines.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 25 Apr 2013 16:30

LucidLink wrote:I noticed in your other thread you worded what you said as "show me something spectacular!" Now for some reason, I feel like amazing is a better word then spectacular. Amazing kind of leads to maybe some powerful esoteric secrets in my opinion, but spectacular could just be something really cool, like a giant advanced flying space ship.

I'm from Portugal. I didn't say it in english in my dream. I said it in portuguese. The word i said could describe "amazing" or "spectacular". It has the same meaning, so, the word is not the issue.
I believe is what you questioned and what some have said: the expectation. I expected something to happen so much that it didn't happen, i guess.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”