Is it how you percieve the person?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Cloverfield

Is it how you percieve the person?

Postby Cloverfield » 24 Apr 2013 23:32

In a lucid dream are the characters how you perceive them in real life? Another example could be if they were naked, do you see them as you believe they would look naked or what they actually look naked because I'm pretty sure the latter is impossible.

taniaaust1

Re: Is it how you percieve the person?

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2013 02:27

You will percieve them according to your own thoughts of how they would look naked. LDs are dreams.. the images come from your own mind.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 25 Apr 2013 16:52

Cloverfield wrote:In a lucid dream are the characters how you perceive them in real life? Another example could be if they were naked, do you see them as you believe they would look naked or what they actually look naked because I'm pretty sure the latter is impossible.

Believe it or not, there have been multiple accounts of people forming dream experiments to test this, one example being a girl asked this guy to see if be could find a mole on her back. She didnt say where on her back it was, and it was his job to find it in a lucid dream.

So the lucid dream came, and he called out his friends name Intill she appeared. He checked her back, and saw the mole was on her lower left side of her back. He woke up thinking "that can't be right, I remember she mentioned it being on her upper right of her back".
So he came to her, told her he must of got it wrong and pointed to where he found the mole in the dream.

Guess what? He was right. So it proves it's not all just made up images of our mind. We can really see the persons real naked body. Dreams are quite amazing aren't they?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 25 Apr 2013 20:57

haha, I hope it works :D

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 25 Apr 2013 21:38

LucidLink wrote:
Cloverfield wrote:In a lucid dream are the characters how you perceive them in real life? Another example could be if they were naked, do you see them as you believe they would look naked or what they actually look naked because I'm pretty sure the latter is impossible.

Guess what? He was right. So it proves it's not all just made up images of our mind. We can really see the persons real naked body. Dreams are quite amazing aren't they?

I'm afraid one instance of this isn't enough to 'prove' this. It was probably a coincidence.
Dreaming is my drug

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 25 Apr 2013 23:17

torakrubik wrote:
LucidLink wrote:

I'm afraid one instance of this isn't enough to 'prove' this. It was probably a coincidence.

Well as I said I read other similar tests, so it was not just that one time.

On another note, I don't believe in coincidences ;)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Apr 2013 09:23

Some people are naturally psychic and may pick things up at times both in LD and in real life too. I guess if one had a bit of natural psychic ability.. it may be easier in LD to do then in RL for some.

OBEs can often show one things including how someones body looks.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Cloverfield

Postby Cloverfield » 26 Apr 2013 16:30

Thanks for your replies. Still trying to have my first :)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”