The Lucid Dream Exchange! A must read for avid LDers

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
LucidLink

The Lucid Dream Exchange! A must read for avid LDers

Postby LucidLink » 26 Apr 2013 15:12

Hi everybody, so there is a quarterly independently produced magazine known as the Lucid Dream Exchange or LDE. It is a great magazine, that also writes on the readers themselves, as they want you to send in ideas and experiences. Because there are only four issues a year, you could go through a years worth of magazines in a day if you really wanted to, as well as read their most current issues and wait for the next issue! ;) ill post the link, I highly recommend it.
http://www.luciddreammagazine.com/

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Summerlander

Re: The Lucid Dream Exchange! A must read for avid LDers

Postby Summerlander » 26 Apr 2013 20:40

A bit New Agey for me.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

mia

Postby mia » 26 Apr 2013 21:25

Thanks LucidLink; just going to check it out.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 26 Apr 2013 22:38

Summerlander wrote:A bit New Agey for me.

Yes it is, I suppose that is why I enjoy it so much haha! Thanks for checking it out though.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Apr 2013 00:37

I did enjoy reading Robert Waggoner's "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self". I still think it's a brilliant book.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

mia

Postby mia » 27 Apr 2013 00:53

Summerlander wrote:I did enjoy reading Robert Waggoner's "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self". I still think it's a brilliant book.

I'm just reading that now. It's very thought provoking.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Apr 2013 01:02

I like the suspence after he communicates with the inner self for the first time. How far have you got? I don't want to give anything away. It is a good read and can inspire lucid dreamers out there in the "know thyself" quest.

- Padmasambhava

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 27 Apr 2013 01:15

Ah yes, the book itself is what led me to the LDE, and it was a fantastic read. To me personally, it is the best book I have ever read on lucid dreaming. Robbert Waggoner is a great story teller, and what the book discusses is so mind opening. I am glad to see we have all read/reading it :)

I found the part where he communicates in waking life with the canyon to hear a warning that saved an elderly women beyond fascinating as well as the whole book. I have been reading many New Age/Esoteric books lately, and this one was by far my favorite! It taught me more about lucid dreaming then any one source I have read on.

I also enjoy the LDE very much as well though, I am grateful for the community lucid dreaming is forming :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Apr 2013 01:35

Don't give it away! Mia hasn't got that far! Lol! Mia, don't look at lucid's post! Dont look! LOL!

- Padmasambhava

mia

Postby mia » 27 Apr 2013 02:18

Very funny Summerlander.
I'm just going to skip up to that part now. ( I'm afraid I'm the sort of reader that violates the orderly progression rule anyway). ;)

Return to “Off-Topic”