Dream recall out of control?!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
JustMe0

Dream recall out of control?!

Postby JustMe0 » 31 Aug 2011 03:54

So lately I've been remembering like a string* of dreams. At first- I could remember details and what exactly happened (and it was just a string of 2 or 3 dreams) but last night, I felt like I was having 5 or 6 different dreams at the same time. When I woke up, I just remembered certain objects and people all from different dreams. Then little things through out the day would remind me about something that happened in my dream (like I went to the fridge and saw cheese- then I remembered that I had a dream about shopping at the grocery store).

Has this happened to anyone else?

*By a "string" of dreams, I mean something like having one dream transition to another completely different dream.
The most memorable string of dreams I had (dramatically shortened for explanation's sake lol) started off as me being a part of some tribe and we were hunting mastodons. Some people where hunting with guns, while most everybody was where hunting with spears. The guns (in my dream) were best for hunting in the waters. A mastodon started charging after me so I ran toward the lake and jumped in. Others followed and somehow I got shot in the shoulder. blah blah blah -Everyone started walking down a tunnel and the end of the tunnel opened up to a huge mall like thing. (That was the transition) It seemed as though, the mall was having some sort of job fair because a lot of the stores were having orientations, etc. (There was way more to the dream, including a homeless man playing piano -sideways- in an underground restaurant lol) Everyone who went into the tunnel came out in usual everyday clothing and not animal pelts, etc. It seemed like what just happened in the previous dream never happened.
Without our memories, who will we be?
Some deep stuff right therrr :D xD

Mewie

Re: Dream recall out of control?!

Postby Mewie » 31 Aug 2011 06:01

Well, that's happening to me too sometimes. I actually just woke up, and there was like 10 things (like music, words, persons, feeling and stuff like that) I wrote down in my dream journal, and only 1 whole dream. But I didn't woke up to WBTB this night, and then my dream recall is very strange.

But I guess it's normal. I've actually heard that people have 7 dreams just before waking up, but I don't know about it's true. :D
Reality is a lovely place,
but I wouldn't wanna live there
. ~ Adam Young

JustMe0

Postby JustMe0 » 03 Sep 2011 02:35

but the thing is that is is starting to happen every time i go to sleep :shock:
Without our memories, who will we be?
Some deep stuff right therrr :D xD

Mewie

Postby Mewie » 03 Sep 2011 06:40

I guess we all have different dream recalls. And, you know, dreams are very weird sometimes. But that's the unique thing about them, right? :D
Reality is a lovely place,
but I wouldn't wanna live there
. ~ Adam Young

opkluu

Postby opkluu » 03 Sep 2011 12:50

Those dream transition things seem normal, I've had a couple just like that, once I was at some karate dojo at a mall, the next second, I was in Canada in a car, with a hot waffle iron in my lap! And for some reason I didn't think that was wierd! xD

JustMe0

Postby JustMe0 » 03 Sep 2011 17:09

i guess the only thing that got me thinkin is that I didn't used to dream and recall like this--- oh well :D new stuff can be fun!

Return to “For Beginners”