Need help controlling my dreams better.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
KuraiHime

Need help controlling my dreams better.

Postby KuraiHime » 27 Oct 2012 22:08

Things I can already do:

I always dream in color
I know when I'm dreaming since as long as I remember(around 6 years old)
I remember most of my dreams even ones from years ago
I can wake up when want to
I say and think what I want to
I dream in first person point of view
I full senses in my dreams
Sometimes I'm half conscious
I can make myself fly, have magical powers, rewind time, make things appear and disappear, etc.

But here's the problem, I can only control my dreams sometimes. Sometimes it comes so easily, other times I can barely do anything, and sometimes I can't even control it at all.

Is there a way to control my dreams 100% of the time without any problems?

torakrubik

Re: Need help controlling my dreams better.

Postby torakrubik » 28 Oct 2012 00:42

KuraiHime wrote:Is there a way to control my dreams 100% of the time without any problems?

Not really, no. There are things you can do to maximize your dream control though. Usually the problem is in the form of a mental barrier. You have to truly convince yourself that what you want to do is possible. The other main issue tends to be that your level of awareness is too low. This results in your brain becoming more convinced that you are awake, and the rational part of your brain forbids anything impossible in waking reality.
Dreaming is my drug

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 05 Nov 2012 15:02

Seems like you are already miles ahead of the average person. I would be happy with that.

Besides,,, would you really want to be fully conscious and in control every minute of every dream? Sounds exhausting to me...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 06 Nov 2012 01:51

Be careful what you wish for.
I find 'normal' dreams a respite from the lucid ones. Who wants to be conscious ALL THE TIME. It is very taxing on the soul......

And even though we are not consciously aware during a dream sometimes, they can still be quite vivid and enjoyable. I think taking a break from reality and dreaming is not only normal, but something that helps us and keeps us sane. Lucid dreaming is fun, but I don't know anybody who does it 100% all the time and actually enjoys it 100% of the time.

Be careful what you wish for and enjoy your NON lucid ones as much as any other.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

ddsahdj

Postby ddsahdj » 08 Nov 2012 03:50

We all love this wall stickers . With a pale pink chambray bell shaped lamp shade and baby birds perched atop an antiqued cast lamp base, your little one is sure to like it as well. If you are looking for more traditional pink bird hanging nursery art, these personalized prints are adorable! Her prints are individually designed and converted to digital format then printed on archival photo quality paper with a matte finish ready for you to frame as you choose.

www.wallstickerdeal.com

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 08 Nov 2012 05:30

KuraiHime wrote:Things I can already do:

I always dream in color
I know when I'm dreaming since as long as I remember(around 6 years old)
I remember most of my dreams even ones from years ago
I can wake up when want to
I say and think what I want to
I dream in first person point of view
I full senses in my dreams
Sometimes I'm half conscious
I can make myself fly, have magical powers, rewind time, make things appear and disappear, etc.

You seem to have a grown up with a solid control on "projection". Very nice. I've been the same, projecting for as long as I can remember.

But here's the problem, I can only control my dreams sometimes. Sometimes it comes so easily, other times I can barely do anything, and sometimes I can't even control it at all.

Is there a way to control my dreams 100% of the time without any problems?

Nope. I don't believe it has anything really to do with you... and more with what "non-physical" environment you find yourself in and the rules governing it.

But anyway... don't worry about "controlling" the experience. Control is secondary... just enjoy the fact that you're free from the physical and just go about doing whatever goals you've set for yourself.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

JoshPeterson

Postby JoshPeterson » 26 Apr 2013 23:59

im just like you I control my dreams the same way and at first as soon as i realised i was dreaming i wouldnt have long before my dream stopped and i woke but now i can control it to the point where i dream almost in perfect "reality" with the plus of being able to "fly like superman" and control my envoirnment anyway i like, for instance last night i melted the entire earth around me as far as i could see into molten glass to prove my power to an "imagined person" but this actually caused my dream to end i dont know why its strange sometimes i dream in third person like im watching a movie but usually its as in real life. It seems to me that by simply imagining what something would look like or feel like will cause it to happen i am espically efficient with "teleconesis" but recently i have been doing more advanced stuff like creating my own envoirments and people in them. usually my dream creats the enviornment and i control what happens in the enviornment (to a point) often my mind will believe i cant control the people in my dream like in life and in effect they do and please as they like. It all comes down to imagining what you want to see. Theres SO much more i could say to try to explain how this works but im actually at work and need to get back to it. But basically you cant ALWAYS realise the dream and control it but you can get so used to having special "abilities" that u begin to use them regularly and when u do usually you are instantly aware that you are dreaming because you cant do these things in real; life and you can go from there. Trust me it gets easier and easier but you need a very advanced imagination and most important THE WANT to. Lastly i find its much easier to set the place if you are thinking of it just before sleep and espically if you are trying to get back into a dream you were just having.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”