Imagined Dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jazzy_turnip

Imagined Dreams

Postby jazzy_turnip » 27 Apr 2013 11:33

It's kind of hard to explain this; but hopefully you'll understand and be able to help me have more lucid dreams!
I've been trying to lucid dream for about a month and in this time have had two.
But that hasn't really got anything to do with it.... get to the point...
When I go to bed, I often imagine various situations. Sometimes I will drift off while still imagining them.
They will become very short dreams, and then I will wake up.
I'm not one hundred percent sure what happens; it feels exactly like a dream. But it's as if my unconscious mind realises this, and just wakes me up (I promise these aren't false awakenings) instead of becoming lucid.
So really in a sense, I've achieved the point of forming my dreams, it's just that whenever I try to become lucid in them. It doesn't work.
So I've tried my best to explain, any ideas?
Are dreams just a dream within a dream? -Dream Character

torakrubik

Re: Imagined Dreams

Postby torakrubik » 27 Apr 2013 11:46

This is hypnogogia - at some point during this you forget that you're in bed and believe that you're experiencing the new situation.
Dreaming is my drug

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Apr 2013 12:15

Yes. It also has to do with lack of consciousness when it happens. By the time you have an inkling you just wake up. I've managed to have loads of these imagined dreams and even turned a few into proper WILDs instead of surfacing to the waking state. The trick is to hold on to the dream essence as soon as your lucidity meter rises.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2013 01:24

Sounds like you are in quite light dreaming states so hence why you are waking up as soon as you realise you are dreaming. You may need to practice deepening dream states or learning to go right back into one that you've just dropped out from.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 May 2013 01:02

Reliving your last dream or imagining being back there but lucid is also good practice as it exercises memory, promotes consciousness, and goes hand in hand with the MILD method.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 14 May 2013 22:02

What you're experiencing is probably a lighter state of dreaming. I get this all the time during weekends when I'm trying to sleep in but I can't quite fall asleep.

Return to “For Beginners”