For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Postby Ninga_Unicorn » 28 Apr 2013 16:16

Ok, so that night I was attempting to WILD. I was doing the technique where I was going to parts of my body, and thinking of them 'till they were clear, then imagining pressure and heat before moving onto another limb. So I was half-way done when I had this feeling similar to standing up and that dizzy feeling you get. It felt as if this cloud had suddenly sweeped into my head. Suddenly my hypnagogia(the stuff you see when you close your eyes) came to life. I saw two alligators chasing each other while I saw my sister's face in the upper part of my vision. And all of these awesome things came to me, I could see everything so clear! And then, of course, I then had this sudden urge to swallow because my throat was really dry(possibly my brain testing to see if i'm awake?). I was pushing off the swallow feeling, in turn ignoring the visions. The visions I had were gone soon after I ignored it. And I tried, I really did try to get the feeling back, but I couldn't, so I just fell asleep. No lucid dream. Was this my first WILD but then I damaged it by pushing it away? I had the same happen to me the next night and I embraced it and imagined my surroundings in my dream and I imagined everything I need to go into a WILD and nothing happened. It just went away like the last time. Can anyone tell me what they think happened?
A good friend is a person who thinks your a good egg, even thought he knows your slightly cracked. -Bernard Meltzer

Postby DeltaV » 29 Apr 2013 13:25

I think you almost did the WILD, but got too distracted by the swallowing reflect. It's better to give in to it than attempt to block it, since you will focus all your attention on trying to stop yourself from swallowing. Just swallow, and continue with staring at the pretty images inside your head.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2013 01:57

It isnt a really a WILD but rather still hypnagogia images unless you find yourself within the scene. Hypngogia images can look quite real.

You could be trying too hard and need to relax more (things like needing to swallow and all other kinds of minor irritations, can all be signs that we arent fully relaxed).

The need to swallow could too be a kind of subconscious sabortage you are doing to yourself (if it is, you could find the more you do it, the more you feel like you need to do it). I myself try to ignore the minor irritations and if I manage too .. I can quickly find myself in a WILD. You will have to work out for yourself what works best for you. To swallow or to not swallow.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”