Sorry Mum, but im tripping balls.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Summerlander

Re: Sorry Mum, but im tripping balls.

Postby Summerlander » 29 Apr 2013 10:39

What the hell? My stupid phone. Correction: I would NOT relegate myself to taking heroin. Not after seeing what it did to members of my family.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

mia

Postby mia » 29 Apr 2013 14:58

The 'harm to a baby' when you are the one responsible for a real baby in real life is familiar ( only mine is my little cats; and animals in general). I work for some animal protection societies; and the sense of helplessness and extreme distress related to harm to the innocent, is a strong impetus for dreams where all is out of control and horrifying, but you are helpless. I have this sort of thing frequently. At times I have to take a break from working with the animal protection agencies because of it.

My suggestion is that the great sense of responsibility for your new baby, and your feelings of the new born's vulnerability and dependency, is underlining a sense of fear and fear of a lack of control, in this very important and terrifying job of being a mother (taken with
tianaaust1's excellent input).
That's my take on it anyway.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2013 02:19

Rebecca wrote:This is a really insightful & accurate interpretation as things are really quite stressful for me at the moment. But I hope that will change soon with some big shifts coming up. Thanks v much for sharing ;)

one is holding a baby about to do something horrific to it

Mia mentioned it in her post and I'd been planning to add it to mine as I thought of it the other day after I'd posted.. that baby part esp since someone was doing something horrific is probably representing vulnerability to something in life.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 01 May 2013 10:03

Thanks Mia. You are right the responsibility is huge and all-consuming. Though my little one is 7 months old now (the newborn era nightmares were pretty disturbing) I still get plenty of "anxious mom" dreams. And not in the way you might expect - not rational fears reflected but much more primal ones I was not even consciously aware I had. I thought this kind of trippy nightmare horror was too cliched to be real but it is very much alive and well in my nightmares :?

There is a positive side to all this - as disturbing as they are, I find lucid nightmares revealing and insightful, just as this one is now unraveling. The real horror lasted a few minutes but I have the rest of my life to draw from this experience, understand more about the dreamworld and how my own mind works. So even though it was a really, really horrible experience at the time, I guess I dont mind it happening occasionally if I can learn something more profound from it.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 01 May 2013 10:05

Summerlander wrote:Magic mushroom and salvia divinorum trips were my fave. The latter would make me have flashbacks in dreams.

I heard that mushrooms cause vivid nightmares, why exactly I wonder?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 May 2013 11:00

I didn't have vivid nightmares with shrooms nor did my dreams resemble the trip in any way.

With mushrooms (I had the Mexican ones in tea) the experience was quite profound. I looked around and felt that I was part of a chaotic world from which order inevitably arose. Such feelings would then lead me to a sense of knowing something about reality which was paradoxically contrasted by me trying to figure out what it was that I knew.

Then, in such state I began to pay attention to things in reality that I normally wouldn't - usually involving cause and effect. I'd become euphoric and laugh at the strange delusion that I was somehow an incarnate deistic god who had seeded the reality circus for my own amusement. I had become temporarily insane.

I'd look at the sky and see angels and strange divine beings. The parks seemed like mystical forests with strange beings lurking in the shadows, a train resembled a futuristic land rocket, statues moved and winked at me, there was electricity and luminous energy in the air, I could make out intricate patterns everywhere, people's faces where like the clouds of Jupiter, dodgems at a prom were like giant snakes and I felt like John Travolta on the dance floor (I was full of confidence and attracted a lot of female attention), I felt a buzzing energy aura around my head and I literally perceived myself to be 7ft tall.

You see why shrooms were a preference? Because of how they effected me.The case was different with salvia. Vivid nightmares were occasional. The rush with salvia caught me off guard. It showed me how indifferent reality is to all my earthly attachments. It took me to uncomfortable and extremely alien realms where I felt like I was hanging on the edge of my existence. I understood then that there is no purpose or meaning to anything and that we, by necessity, make it all up.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”