Effects on Dream Characters

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
btifuldreamer

Re: Effects on Dream Characters

Postby btifuldreamer » 12 Apr 2013 04:26

yes they can change cause of what you've done eg I was lucid and in a kitchen of a house which wasnt my own and wanted to do one of my LD challenges (of making something taste real awesome, better then in real life). So I opened the fridge and just took out a banana to eat. A DC in the room turns and looks at me horrified and starts lecturing at me for stealing the banana. (so my waking mind actions did influence what the DC did in that dream.. what that DC did really shocked me.. I jumped in startlement as she suddenly went "What are you doing!" in a very loud voice to my conscious action).[/quote]

ahh k thought so. Something i am scared of when i summon a dream character is that say i do the method that rebecca mentioned where you turn around and expect the dream character you wanted to be there, i'm scared that when i think of someone and turn around it will be some really creepy thing instead of the person i wanted :oops: Will this happen?

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 12 Apr 2013 05:43

taniaaust1 wrote:
Je-Je wrote:Control a dream character.

I cant even fly in my lucid dream, so to control a DC it will be hard for me. I must be more lucid in my dream. To be a god of my dream.

Je Je you really need to change the thinking you got going on there. Your doubts will stop you from experiencing what you could otherwise in your LD. I dont know where you get the idea that you wouldnt be able to control a DC cause you cant fly (they are completely different things and that isnt at all necessarily true..only if you think its true).

I cant fly like superman (due to some blocks I have on it) but I can do far more then just control a DC, I can make a DC change into something completely opposite then it is so to a new form. As long as you believe you cant do things you wont even if their wouldnt have been a block on those things before for you, your thought just has created one.

Ok, now i must said to myself; i can control my dream like a god. 8-)
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 12 Apr 2013 05:52

* I must control my dream becuase i AM a god ;)

mia

Postby mia » 29 Apr 2013 16:35

Because I feel dream figures are aspects of your own subconscious; then I think if you 'blind' a DC, you are 'blinding' a part of your own psyche. They are all you after all. How could they be anything else? Perhaps sometimes they are even an aspect of your 'shadow', as Jung would say; in which case, 'threatening figures' would need integration and understanding ( being brought into the 'light' of conscious awareness, rather than suppressed, and hidden, or 'held down', or overpowered.) Jung felt that suppression of the shadow self only caused it to grow and create more disturbance for you and your psyche. (Perhaps Dream Figures are significant and require somewhat more respect than treating them as a video type game.) After all, consciousness in the dreamworld ( being lucid), I believe, is your 'ego' operating within the subconscious realm ( and the subconscious is a very rich and significant part of a person's being in whatever forms it may take).
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Return to “Dream Characters”