last night's LD (odd induction)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
mia

last night's LD (odd induction)

Postby mia » 26 Apr 2013 16:56

So here is my LD from early this morning. Before the LD I had an odd experience; I lay in bed on my back, with that almost about to fall asleep feeling, when I felt odd buzzing and tingling throughout my body. I felt as if I was rising out of my body and was laying just above my real body laying on the bed. I struggled to go back down into my body. This happened twice, then I turned over on my side to lessen the sensation of floating out of my body; then fell asleep.
Regular dream first, then another dream where, in it, I'm telling a DC about the odd feeling I'd just had of floating out of my body. A woman then begins to speak to me, and something makes me feel it's odd, and I say "are you real?; then realize I'm dreaming. Yeah! As soon as I become lucid, the scene vanishes and I am lying in my bed. Then I think I'm probably still dreaming. So I get up out of bed and levitate slightly: yes! I touch the wardrobe and the wall; they feel cool, and solid. It's exactly my house (at night; quite dark). I leave the bedroom and go into the living room. It's full of DCs. I levitate, float around, then go outside; it's night and raining, but I fly around the yard; I realize my LD is lasting very nicely long and am pleased. I see a cat; then go back inside the house. I see my husband has gotten up, so I say to him: :"look I can levitate" and demonstrate. He mumbles something, and I put my arms around him and float him around the room into the living room where the other DCs are. Then I realize he's not my husband really, but a DC; so I let him go and he falls to the ground and turns into a puddle of water. Now I'm wondering what to do. I want more light. I'lI try the light switch. It feels real. No light. Then I remember if I really intend it; I can do it; try the switch again; it goes on and I get light. Good. I want to change the dream but am worried I might dissolve it. So I look for a dream Character that I dream of often ( all my life); I think I will ask why he is always in my dreams. Call him; but don't find him.
So I fly; levitate. Then I really want to change the dream. I think it's lasted so nicely long, I'll risk losing it; some DCs tell me go ahead and try it. So I spin. The scene starts to morph; I try to go with it; but then wake up.

So. How do I get my dream scenes to change effectively? I want more light in my dreams; how do I accomplish that? Was that an OBE or just a dream at the start???
What do you think?
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

LucidLink

Re: last night's LD (odd induction)

Postby LucidLink » 26 Apr 2013 18:37

Wow now I am the one jealous of your progress haha! Yes, I very much believe you where beginning to OBE into astral projection, which I wish I could do! I have had OBEs, but I always roll out of my body into a lucid dream version of my room. So congratulations on that sucsess! You should of tried to go further with it and astral projected ;)

Also I can answer your light question, anytime my dreams are too dark I just demand more light! I yell it out loud to the awareness behind the dream, and sometimes it takes a couple tries, but it works :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mia

Postby mia » 26 Apr 2013 18:57

Thanks LucidLink! I'm happy that I'm remembering so much of what I wanted to do or think about actually; but I think I was a bit afraid of a possible OBE. I'll have to accustom myself to the idea. I really wish I could create the dreamscape I want though.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2013 04:30

Sounds like you were going into an OBE before you entered a dream state..but as you arent used to this and having such waking awareness while doing things, it freaked you out cause you were completely awake (with OBEs you may not even have the subconsciousness manifesting.. it can be just awake consciousness). I suggest to try to go with it next time or encourage it. Different things can be done during a real world OBE experience to what can be done during a LD eg you can check out a friend for real. One suggestion I make..go and visit a friend during an OBE who remembers their dreams. Ive seen my daughters dream manifested all over my house once while during an OBE.

Then I really want to change the dream. I think it's lasted so nicely long, I'll risk losing it; some DCs tell me go ahead and try it. So I spin. The scene starts to morph; I try to go with it; but then wake up.

I suggest for a scene change next time to think about what you want to be outside the house (dont look out a window just think of what you want outside eg a circus or whatever) and then just walk out the door. This wont put you at so much risk of loosing the dream.

or you could try to enter a mirror.

Spinning always takes focus for a moment off of the scene and onto just yourself, which isnt a good thing if you are worried about loosing a dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

mia

Postby mia » 30 Apr 2013 14:49

Thanks for your comments taniaaust1. I appreciate your suggestions. I really didn't know what was happening with the possible OBE.
I'm also starting to think ahead and have a plan now.

You have such amazing experiences. "Seeing your daughter's dreams all over the house"; what a fascinating idea!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 May 2013 07:52

mia wrote:Thanks for your comments taniaaust1. I appreciate your suggestions. I really didn't know what was happening with the possible OBE.
I'm also starting to think ahead and have a plan now.

You have such amazing experiences. "Seeing your daughter's dreams all over the house"; what a fascinating idea!

She'd dreamed it was christmas or her birthday and she'd opened presents (I forgot now which it was, she told me the next morning after I got up). When I got OBE..there was presents all throu the lounge room with wrapping paper ripped up all over the floor (so like just after her dream took place, I didnt see her.. just all the opened presents). When I saw those presents, it really did surprise me as with my OBES I tend to see my house as it really is.. so I was like "what on earth are those doing there!!, where did those come from?". The next morning I found out. It must of been the thought forms left over from her dream.

Sharing this has made me think deeper on that experience.. I guess I would of come across her dreaming self too if she'd still been dreaming it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”