Intense Sensations When Flying, Do You Have Them Too?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Intense Sensations When Flying, Do You Have Them Too?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 Apr 2013 22:32

Had a short lucid dream last night where I had this thought: I always know that it's a dream. So it makes me think that the real issue is just acting on that knowlege.

So I decided to fly and had this super intense rush of really good feelings, just filled me up. This has become a common side effect of flying for me along with this feeling of total freedom. Again last night it also made the entire dream scene look like the view on the Enterprise on Star Trek when they go into warp drive. Everything just shatters and blurs into this kind of streaks, then visuals disappear and I have the flying sensation of speed/motion but no sense of where I'm going, how fast, no reference points. Very interesting.

Anyone else get something similar? Interested in what your flying sensations are.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LucidLink

Re: Intense Sensations When Flying, Do You Have Them Too?

Postby LucidLink » 29 Apr 2013 22:45

I have yet to truly experience flying :/

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

mia

Postby mia » 30 Apr 2013 00:22

I always fly, or levitate, or float, or sort of hang around in the air; easy; pleasant; and without much effort. Not a rush though. It just seems the only way to get around when I'm dreaming. I levitate and fly in non lucid dreams too. I rarely think to walk in lucid dreams. ( Levitating is also a reality check for me. Sometimes, I swear I'm going to do it in 'real life'.) ;)
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2013 02:14

Ive had a nice time flying in dreams.. that freedom feel.. the wind fanning my long hair back behind me. Ive thou also been scared while flying too. I hate it when I fly too fast at such speed it was scary and that I think has put me off of flying. I nowdays dont tend to fly (but have no issues with floating).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Apr 2013 23:57

mia wrote:( Levitating is also a reality check for me. Sometimes, I swear I'm going to do it in 'real life'.) ;)

In a non-lucid dream recently, I was sure that I was doing it in real life. Told the DCs around me to go and get some skeptics so I could show them. But then I woke up :cry:

taniaaust1 wrote:Ive had a nice time flying in dreams.. that freedom feel.. the wind fanning my long hair back behind me. Ive thou also been scared while flying too. I hate it when I fly too fast at such speed it was scary and that I think has put me off of flying. I nowdays dont tend to fly (but have no issues with floating).

I'm having better luck with floating/levitating lately too. I think the speed is the rush and it is really intense. I love to just float upward into the sky and watch the view changing. One of the things I've been doing lately is grabbing a tree branch on the way up until it pulls out of my hands. It always feels completely real.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 01 May 2013 00:16

Sometimes, when i'm calm in the dream or the dream is very pleasant i feel so good that sometimes i hear some calm, ambiental music. Kinda like a soundtrack of what i am feeling at the moment.

crazyguitarking

Postby crazyguitarking » 01 May 2013 00:39

yes I did I remember when I was about 7-8 I used to have a lot of flying dreams I really felt like it was 100% real

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 May 2013 03:43

Highlander wrote:Sometimes, when i'm calm in the dream or the dream is very pleasant i feel so good that sometimes i hear some calm, ambiental music. Kinda like a soundtrack of what i am feeling at the moment.

I've had some really wonderful guitar music playing during one LD where I felt like I was falling through the dark void space. Also have had other music playing, I remember one time with piano that I really enojoyed.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”