My dreaming situation: need advice

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidLink

My dreaming situation: need advice

Postby LucidLink » 29 Apr 2013 13:23

Hi everybody, so as some of you know I claim to lucid dream every night, and I do but it's not that simple anymore.
Like for instance, last night I had three lucid dreams, sounds cool right? Not. I didn't even written them because absolutely nothing happened. I walked around and then lost the dream soon and woke up. Also, my voice isn't doing anything anymore. And sometimes, my voise is often distorted, and I have to put all my effort into uttering just a sentence?
Also, I often can't move well now. Like last night, in my LD I couldn't even use both legs. I could barely jump move, I could barely even talk. And then after spending a couple of minutes or so struggling with little to no movement, a voice that barely works, and an awareness behind the dream that dosnt respond to me anymore, I wake up.

So all of my lucid dreams are short, very short. I can barely move and I can barely talk. When I finally do manage to yell something out, (it's very hard because my voice barely works) but when I finally do yell it out, nothing happens. It's so frustrating. It's like I can LD all the time, but then I can absolutely nothing. I'm not sure why.

So my questions are:
1. Why can I barely move?
2. Why can I barely talk?
3. Why has the awareness behind the dream stopped responding to me
4. Even my good LDs where I can move and talk and actually do things are short, so tips on increasing LD length?

Lucid dreaming is becomeing hard, and I don't understand why. This also seem to be problems that no one else really suffers from. The talking problem isn't a new thing either, but I've dealt with it. The movement problem is new though, and it's the worst. It forces me to do nothing in but jump around yelling Intill I wake up.

So yeah, in my LDs I just jump around yelling now like a crazy cripple with no controll. Doing nothing but just that.

In one LD, after a couple of tries, I managed to scream more light!! Near some DCs, and when I did this they all looked at me shocked like "why did he just scream really loud for no reason."

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Summerlander

Re: My dreaming situation: need advice

Postby Summerlander » 29 Apr 2013 14:32

You seem to have fallen victim of an array of mental barriers. You need to convince yourself that they are really not there, that they can be surmounted.

You are pretty good at getting into the lucid dream state but seem to have forgotten about appropriate management. I haven't got much time at the mo to give you thorough advice but I will refer you to a good source that focuses a good deal on prolonging and managing your lucid dreaming. Firstly, it behoves you to have an interesting plan of action for you to focus on whilst lucid dreaming. This in itself will avoid hesitation which can cause abrupt returns to the waking state.

Anyway, here is the source that helped me a lot in my practice in terms of induction, intensification, and protraction of the lucid dreaming experience:

"The Phase" - Michael Raduga

It is a practical guidebook that teaches you an array of techniques. But you must be confident that they will work. It also teaches you that expectation is quite powerful both positively and negatively. I hope this helps.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

mia

Postby mia » 29 Apr 2013 15:40

Hi LucidLink. Interesting the curves that get thrown.
Perhaps you are in a state of sleep paralysis that is ALMOST 'lucidity' ? Otherwise, I think Summerlander must be right; a mental block. Can you sleep/dream and not be lucid? Maybe you just need a break. I do know feeling any sort of worry or anxiety about it will just increase the trouble. Can you see it as a bit of a wrinkle that will sort itself out, and just let this happen too? Sometimes not perceiving it as a problem leads to a solution. Wish I had something more helpful for you.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2013 01:40

It could have something to do with your current dream symbolism of your life and what your subconsciousness is wanting to express due to it. LDs are a combination of the waking consciousness and our subconsciousness and if what you are wanting to do is running completely against what your subconsciousness is wanting to express, it could cause difficulties. So I suggest trying to analyse what is happening in your LD to try to work out if it could be this kind of thing causing you issues (which then would clear itself when your life changes as long as you havent gone and created an inner block on it in the meantime by thinking its going to occur).

Why can I barely move?

Are you feeling frozen in life about something... or having trouble making a move with something.

2. Why can I barely talk?

Are you having communication issues in life with someone?

Maybe your life situation has impacted your LD but then due to this impact.. your thoughts of "problems with you LD" have further caused more issues? (inner blocks).

Please share what are you currently doing in your LD when you hit these blocks to try to overcome them?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

mia

Postby mia » 30 Apr 2013 02:11

I do know that struggling to move or talk in regular dreams are a common occurrence for people, often at times of great emotion or tension/stress in their life.

taniaaust1 has made some excellent suggestions.

Did this begin in a limited way, and then increase in incidence and strength? Or was it sudden? This could certainly offer a clue as to what is going on.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 01 May 2013 15:22

Thanks for the replies guys.

Tani: I was wondering along the same lines. The problem is I truly don't see much problem in those areas of waking life. I live a pretty carefree life, and I make music so I even express myself pretty well.

Mia: the voice has always been an off and on problem for as long as I can remember. Even as a kid, I would have this problem when LDing. Now the movement problem is very sudden, it just has gotten like this. And I think I might help if I better describe it.

It is like, I only have one leg working. But it's not like I'm hopping on that one leg, it's the oddest sensation and hard to explain. But it's like I'm walking on 2 feet movement wise but in every other way I only have one leg. I can't turn around really though, or do much. It's so hard to explain.

I havnt even been LDing every night now either, it's seem everything is going a bit down hill right now haha. Thanks for your help guys!

mia

Postby mia » 01 May 2013 15:28

Don't worry about taking breaks LucidLink, even if it's at the 'suggestion' of your subconscious; it must be because you need to ( especially considering the intensity and frequency of your lucid dreaming). I'm tending to think that the movement and voice could be because you are 'aware' of your sleep paralysis while dreaming.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 01 May 2013 15:37

Good advice :)

And about the sleep paralysis, funny that you mention that, because last time this happened I had the oddest sensation that the one working leg in my LD was my dream leg, and my other non working leg was my real leg. And I'd try to move it and I just couldn't. It did occur to me, even in the dream, that this might be my real leg being affected by sleep paralysis. But I did not know if I was correct or not because I have never experienced sleep paralysis before despite my LD experience. (Although now if I ever do, I know not to be scared! Which I probably would have been haha) but now that you mention it as well, it seems it is a very likely answer! :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 May 2013 09:35

mia wrote:Don't worry about taking breaks LucidLink, even if it's at the 'suggestion' of your subconscious; it must be because you need to ( especially considering the intensity and frequency of your lucid dreaming). I'm tending to think that the movement and voice could be because you are 'aware' of your sleep paralysis while dreaming.

Mias idea on it is quite possibly the answer to what is going on.

:) glad you have no waking life issues causing those things to happen symbolically but also consider that you may have parts of your subconsciousness which you arent currently hearing etc. Have you tried to meditate in your dream and ask any parts of yourself which have been "silenced" to tell you what is wrong and show themselves? Try to ask specifically this and see if you can get an answer.

Its easy to have suppressed parts of ourselves hidden within our subconsciousness which we arent aware are there. So try to call specifically to that part (it may need its own aknowledgement) to see if something happens. (this is different to calling for the awareness behind the dream).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”