WAS i CLOSE to lucid dreamin??????????

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
bigdawood

WAS i CLOSE to lucid dreamin??????????

Postby bigdawood » 28 Apr 2013 23:39

ok so i was dreaming about ME driving my brother to a place where you can play indoor basket ball NEXT to the place was a AMC theatre and i parked there... as i was driving i was watching a trailer on my phone of a game ... it had a part where it showed the street i lived in then i told my brother LOOK its showing are street of where we live And a bus crashes and flips with a white KING KONG trying to eat people on my STREET no w i was so shocked that the game developers did that.. he said I dont care about that stuff / i was drving a black cadillac CTS as i left my brother i was leaving the place i was in a hurry to get home because my mom would kill me if i left the house in a car WITH a permit..At this point i was confused that i was drving with a permit but didnt care and let the dream go on /// now i drove fast home as i got in my bed i legitmetally woke up scared that my mother almost found out i did that....

am i close to lucid dreaming ? its weird last week i didnt recall any dreams but only on weekends i recall my dreams.. is it because no alarm clocks on weekends .. do alarm clocks effect it ? .. and please tell me if im close THANKS YOU GUYS :)

jazzy_turnip

Re: WAS i CLOSE to lucid dreamin??????????

Postby jazzy_turnip » 29 Apr 2013 05:25

Yeh well you remember tiny details like what kind of car, so Id say you're close. What I try to do is notice things around the place when Im awake- such as the colour of a street sign, etc. And then if that changes, you try to remember and notice. Then you might do this in your dream and become lucid. It's worked for me. Also don't forget to do reality checks. XD

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Are dreams just a dream within a dream? -Dream Character

tea

Postby tea » 29 Apr 2013 11:25

well i would not say that you were close to becoming lucid, just because you can remember some details.
other people have vivid dreams with much recall all the time without becoming lucid...

however you can be happy about it since remembering details is a very useful step to lucidity.
three questions:
do you keep a dream-journal?
have you worked out your personal dream-signs?
and do you do reality checks?

congrats on the progress!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

bigdawood

Postby bigdawood » 29 Apr 2013 14:36

tea wrote:well i would not say that you were close to becoming lucid, just because you can remember some details.
other people have vivid dreams with much recall all the time without becoming lucid...

however you can be happy about it since remembering details is a very useful step to lucidity.
three questions:
do you keep a dream-journal?
have you worked out your personal dream-signs?
and do you do reality checks?

congrats on the progress!

thanks you and yes i keep one i do reality checks also... so i thought i was close because i was confused that i was drving with a permit when im not suppose to but didnt think much of it ...

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2013 01:11

At this point i was confused that i was drving with a permit but didnt care and let the dream go on

Yes you had a bit of normal waking awareness coming in hence you were confused as you knew something was "wrong with" the dream. But your subconsciousness was in control far too much of your mind hence you didnt care that you were driving without a permit (or maybe you would do that in real life).

One cant really tell how close or not you are of becoming lucid in a dream thou realising the dream is wrong..is heading in the right direction to gaining lucidity but if those things keep happening but you in the dream "dont care".. they may never trigger you to become lucid. You may need to care about the strangeness of the situation to become lucid. You need to start thinking "why? is this strangeness occuring" (and even then may not become lucid thou you could.. if you start to properly question the situation, I'd put the odds to about 50-75% that you will then become lucid).

Anyway.. it is progress for you, so you should be happy about it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidAcademy

Postby LucidAcademy » 02 May 2013 03:56

I've found that confusion you describe to be a good sign of moving in the right direction.

It was your conscious mind attempting to deal with an incongruity, hence the confusion. Then your subconscious took over and you "didn't care."

Nice job, and keep it up!
Get exclusive access to the breakthrough new animated video training course on lucid dreaming. Grab one of the last spots while they are still available → http://LucidAcademy.com/ecourse/lucid-dreaming-mastery

Return to “For Beginners”