Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sander

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sander » 25 Apr 2013 20:50

Sterre Duiker wrote:AAARGH! Remembered me becoming lucid again! I don't remember anything else after that :x this is, like, the 3rd night in a row.

you should be happy. It means you're progressing :) you should read some on dream stabilization en set a thorough intention that you'll use a stabilization technique when u become lucid again.

gotta think positive ;)
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 26 Apr 2013 16:18

Sander wrote:
Sterre Duiker wrote:AAARGH! Remembered me becoming lucid again! I don't remember anything else after that :x this is, like, the 3rd night in a row.

you should be happy. It means you're progressing :) you should read some on dream stabilization en set a thorough intention that you'll use a stabilization technique when u become lucid again.

gotta think positive ;)

Good idea :) . Where can I read something about dream stabilization?

Sander

Postby Sander » 26 Apr 2013 22:28

dunno... the blog... stephen laberge's book 'exploring the world of lucid dreaming', etc
Free Your Mind.

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 29 Apr 2013 19:50

I've noticed that when I'm dreaming normally, I remember it. When I'm lucid, I forget it (and I just started reading about dream stabilization today Sander, don't worry I took your advice):lol: . I just remember this from a lucid dream, IDK if it might help in any way. (Blur=forgot)
-Blur-I'm in this chamber and lucid (don't know how I got there) I kind of realize that I have angel wings (no I'm not religious) on me and they're perfectly crafted of smooth blue metal, silver, diamond, and ice. I think they were more "angels" with me, probably 3 of them. The chamber is like a secret Aztec-Mexican-ish themed place with a secret passage in front of me which looks like a decorated sun. I think I'm supposed to enter it.-Blur-
BTW, before this, I've always day dreamed-don't ask, long story- of someone teaching me in lucid dreams on how to do it but me always forgetting when I wake up.(I was pretty stressed not being able to LD in, like, half a year) Even then, this daydreaming was 3 months ago or so.
Feed back? It seems kind of fishy to me :P

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 May 2013 07:05

Sterre Duiker wrote:Good idea :) . Where can I read something about dream stabilization?

I know there has been some good posts on the forum where we talked quite abit about our dream stabilization techniques..sorry I cant thou remember which ones. There are a ton of different things one can try thou to do that.

My latest dream stabilization technique is to bring an ex lover who I still like, into my dream and ask this DC then to touch me (not sexually thou but in a way thou which puts my focus strong onto the dream and excites me just a little. I then walk off as soon as I feel more stabilized (if you try this technique, you got to make sure you dont take things too far as that will wake u up). Its kind of funny as after doing that to my ex lover DC.. he was left looking rather disappointed by the second time I did that to him.

Having the DC do the moving and touching me..tends to work better for me then if Im about to loose a dream and I try to move to touch something in the dream, in which can at times cause me to then loose it at that moment.

I recently also found that me singing in the dream about the things I can see in the dream, can also stabilize me.

For myself big no nos if I arent stable are focusing on my hand (makes me drop out), spinning makes me drop out, moving fast makes me drop out... You'll have to play around to find what works best for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 01 May 2013 07:24

one question that has been on my mind is when you have sex, can you stay in the dream instead of waking up because you get too excited. i always wanted to know if proffessional lucid dreamers can stay in the dream while having sex.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 May 2013 07:33

btifuldreamer wrote:one question that has been on my mind is when you have sex, can you stay in the dream instead of waking up because you get too excited. i always wanted to know if proffessional lucid dreamers can stay in the dream while having sex.

Some can. Climaxing thou ALWAYS wakes me up (if I dont get over excited and wake up even before that). I frustatingly usually wake up just right before the crutial moment so now dont waste my LDs by trying to have sex. (I can have fun thou messing around a little but then stop so I dont loose my dream).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Sander

Postby Sander » 01 May 2013 11:11

haha i never knew you were a girl, taniaaust ^^

but now you're screen name makes sense to me and i feel stupid that i never realized it before :P
Free Your Mind.

Dreamer1488

Postby Dreamer1488 » 02 May 2013 16:11

Can somebody explain to me how in detail to do WILD(And why do i fail).
I lay down,relax,try to stay conscious,wait for 20-30 minutes and i either fall asleep or nothing happens.
I have tried to do it at least 10 times, failing every time.
Its really frustrating, someone please help.

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 02 May 2013 16:50

Dreamer1488 wrote:Can somebody explain to me how in detail to do WILD(And why do i fail).
I lay down,relax,try to stay conscious,wait for 20-30 minutes and i either fall asleep or nothing happens.
I have tried to do it at least 10 times, failing every time.
Its really frustrating, someone please help.

I have this strange thing where I can do "mind over matter" if you know what I mean. One of the things I can do is "make" myself mentally tired, and after achieving that I make my whole body weak. Feeling very tired makes you slip into the dream easily: trying to think of a WILD the whole time restrains you. Pretend you never heard of it. Become very deep in thought when you're transitioning to sleep, the reminder of LD will come eventually, for me right before I fall asleep (its like a subconscious schedule). It happened by chance at my first LD :D . Good luck!
BTW, just curious, why are you interested in WILD? I've always wonder why people wanted one. Its not much different, right? Or is it like a thing that helps you guys practice and all? I just do it cause it increases my chances of having an LD, even if the WILD fails.

Return to “For Beginners”