Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sander

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sander » 02 May 2013 17:21

Sterre Duiker wrote:BTW, just curious, why are you interested in WILD? I've always wonder why people wanted one. Its not much different, right? Or is it like a thing that helps you guys practice and all? I just do it cause it increases my chances of having an LD, even if the WILD fails.

i've noticed that most people who are new to LD tend do try the technique that has the biggest chance of inducing a LD... rarely do they know that doing a WILD is very hard and needs practice and mental preparation... i've never tried a WILD simply because of that. I know i'm not ready yet. I believe i still need to make some more progress on meditation.
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Dreamer1488

Postby Dreamer1488 » 02 May 2013 18:46

Sterre Duiker wrote:
Dreamer1488 wrote:Can somebody explain to me how in detail to do WILD(And why do i fail).
I lay down,relax,try to stay conscious,wait for 20-30 minutes and i either fall asleep or nothing happens.
I have tried to do it at least 10 times, failing every time.
Its really frustrating, someone please help.

I have this strange thing where I can do "mind over matter" if you know what I mean. One of the things I can do is "make" myself mentally tired, and after achieving that I make my whole body weak. Feeling very tired makes you slip into the dream easily: trying to think of a WILD the whole time restrains you. Pretend you never heard of it. Become very deep in thought when you're transitioning to sleep, the reminder of LD will come eventually, for me right before I fall asleep (its like a subconscious schedule). It happened by chance at my first LD :D . Good luck!
BTW, just curious, why are you interested in WILD? I've always wonder why people wanted one. Its not much different, right? Or is it like a thing that helps you guys practice and all? I just do it cause it increases my chances of having an LD, even if the WILD fails.

I am interested because its "best way" to enter lucid dream..
Thanks for help, i didn't know it increases chances of having a lucid dream. :)

Dreamer1488

Postby Dreamer1488 » 02 May 2013 18:50

Sander wrote:
Sterre Duiker wrote:BTW, just curious, why are you interested in WILD? I've always wonder why people wanted one. Its not much different, right? Or is it like a thing that helps you guys practice and all? I just do it cause it increases my chances of having an LD, even if the WILD fails.

i've noticed that most people who are new to LD tend do try the technique that has the biggest chance of inducing a LD... rarely do they know that doing a WILD is very hard and needs practice and mental preparation... i've never tried a WILD simply because of that. I know i'm not ready yet. I believe i still need to make some more progress on meditation.

Well i'm not really new to lucid dreaming btw,i learned how to have lucid dreams for less than year ago.
I've never knew it was this hard,i tried it a lot of times and always failed.

Sander

Postby Sander » 03 May 2013 08:17

Dreamer1488 wrote:Well i'm not really new to lucid dreaming btw,i learned how to have lucid dreams for less than year ago.
I've never knew it was this hard,i tried it a lot of times and always failed.

i can relate ;)
Free Your Mind.

Sander

Postby Sander » 03 May 2013 11:29

while reading a text about lucid dreaming, i remembered that i had another sleep paralysis-ish experience last night... i never get a succesfull conclusion though... I hear the loud buzzing, i feel the pressure-like sensation, i see the hypnagogia... and then it just wears off... :(

I don't know what i'm doing wrong here... i get a little excited, but not to a high extent. i try to simply observe what i'm seeing and feeling and i'm expecting to transition into the dream world... but it never happens :( i feel like i've wasted another good opportunity to have a rare LD...
Free Your Mind.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 May 2013 08:29

Sander wrote:while reading a text about lucid dreaming, i remembered that i had another sleep paralysis-ish experience last night... i never get a succesfull conclusion though... I hear the loud buzzing, i feel the pressure-like sensation, i see the hypnagogia... and then it just wears off... :(

I don't know what i'm doing wrong here... i get a little excited, but not to a high extent. i try to simply observe what i'm seeing and feeling and i'm expecting to transition into the dream world... but it never happens :( i feel like i've wasted another good opportunity to have a rare LD...

Sander, if the just observing and expecting isnt working for you.. have you tried to move yourself towards the hypnagogia images at that point?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 May 2013 08:36

Sander wrote:haha i never knew you were a girl, taniaaust ^^

but now you're screen name makes sense to me and i feel stupid that i never realized it before :P

:lol:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 May 2013 08:40

Dreamer1488 wrote:Can somebody explain to me how in detail to do WILD(And why do i fail).
I lay down,relax,try to stay conscious,wait for 20-30 minutes and i either fall asleep or nothing happens.
I have tried to do it at least 10 times, failing every time.
Its really frustrating, someone please help.

I suggest to try a different method seeing its failed for you so much.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 May 2013 08:45

Sterre Duiker wrote: BTW, just curious, why are you interested in WILD? I've always wonder why people wanted one. Its not much different, right? Or is it like a thing that helps you guys practice and all? I just do it cause it increases my chances of having an LD, even if the WILD fails.

I personally find that the method can make a difference.

When I came back to LDing (after not doing it for many years) I started doing WILD and found it easy to have a LD in this way. In my old way, I would of had to work hard to trigger one off as I just wasnt becoming aware in my dreams that I was dreaming (without a big amount of effort). For a WILD the only effort I need to put in is only immediately before the WILD and I dont have to worry about waking up in the dream as Im already awake.

The other different thou is for me thou its far easier for me to have a LD throu WILD, it is thou far harder for me to stabilise (I tend to often drop out) when Ive done WILD to get into a LD.

Sander

Postby Sander » 04 May 2013 12:25

taniaaust1 wrote:
Sander wrote:while reading a text about lucid dreaming, i remembered that i had another sleep paralysis-ish experience last night... i never get a succesfull conclusion though... I hear the loud buzzing, i feel the pressure-like sensation, i see the hypnagogia... and then it just wears off... :(

Sander, if the just observing and expecting isnt working for you.. have you tried to move yourself towards the hypnagogia images at that point?

can you elaborate?
Free Your Mind.

Return to “For Beginners”