How often are you LDing?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
mia

How often are you LDing?

Postby mia » 06 May 2013 15:59

I'm wondering how often you all LD. Hoping to get some sort of 'average' comparison.

I'm averaging once a week, and think it's ok, but wish I could do more than that. It seems that I don't during the work week ( gosh; wonder why :roll: ). Is once a week a low number? What is 'average'?

I had a nice long one last night/ will post later as I'm just off to work. I seem to be getting good length, but still just once a week ( on weekends; kind of like a weekend getaway I guess).
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

deepakkumaar97

Re: How often are you LDing?

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 06 May 2013 16:15

I also get around 2/3 LDs per week and yes the chance of having a LD at weekends is greater for me.
Do a reality check

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 06 May 2013 16:30

I'm like you, mia. I have an average of 1 per week, and it's on Saturday mornings. During work week is more difficult, but sometimes i get one LD in those days.
From my point of view, 1 per week is pretty good.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 06 May 2013 17:12

Me, 1 LD per 2 months. But it will change now, cuz with the new method SSILD, i will get 2 or more LD per 5 day haha :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 06 May 2013 21:16

Normally once or twice a week for me, almost always at weekends as I can manage my sleep cycle much better then. Unfortunately aside from a few seconds last night, I am experiencing a dry spell at the moment.
Dreaming is my drug

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 May 2013 22:45

I've got five years of practice (not including the out-of-bodies, false awakenings and brief lucid periods as a child).

On average, 6-7 full-fledged long-lasting lucid dreams and bearing in mind that on certain nights I manage to re-enter the lucid dream world several times after a collapse. Oh yeah, forgot to mention: 6-7 per month discounting brief experiences.

I have managed to record around 400 lucid dreams (some DILDs, WILDs/OOBEs)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 06 May 2013 23:57

I only started 2 months ago and had only 3 that lasted less than a minute. I can't believe you guys have them every week, either you have a lot of experience either I'm still doing something not totally right :|

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 May 2013 00:52

Don't be dismayed. It's experience and practice. I first found out about induction methods when I discovered Robert Monroe. But the method described in his first book is primitive compared to Stephen LaBerge's (get some of this guy's literature if you haven't already). Michael Raduga's "The Phase" guidebook also helped me a lot with techniques for deepening, maintaining and managing the phase state (lucid dreaming/out-of-body experiences).

You'll get better with time. Stay positive. Experiment first and see what works best for you.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

mia

Postby mia » 07 May 2013 01:14

Summerlander; I am currently just beginning reading Stephen LaBerge's book; does he talk about re-entering the LD after a collapse? Or is it Michael Raduga's book that addresses that? It's something I need to learn how to do.
(And do you still need to practise daytime reality checks etc once you reach your level of proficiency?)
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 May 2013 01:32

Laberge talks about all forms of induction but it is Raduga that stresses the importance of multiple re-entries. He says a foul (undesired exit from the phase state) does not have to be the end of the experience.

He recommends separating from the body as many times as you can and carrying out steps of an interesting plan of action in the lucid dream world. Recording the experience comes later when you are absolutely done.

I'd say read both authors. LaBerge covers a lot of psychology and his dream schemas theory gives you a great insight into how dreams work.

If you use the separation technique to enter the lucid dream world you don't really need to do reality checks during the day. I only do reality checks once in a while if I plan to experience the thrill of realising that I'm dreaming that comes with DILDs. But even when I don't do reality checks and use the WILD method instead, I find myself having DILDs too just by thinking about lucid dreaming during the day.

I've done a lot of stuff though, from experimenting with creating a dream workshop to dream cartography. At the beginning I used to have my deceased stepfather as a lucid dream friend - one of my first lucid dreaming uses in my practice was to help me get over his death - but now I've moved on.

There is so much I could tell you but I am writing a book called "To Lucidity and Beyond". There is a lot more experimenting to do.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”