Emotional dream that I want to remember

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ender_brine

Emotional dream that I want to remember

Postby Ender_brine » 07 May 2013 00:57

I had a dream last night, but I could only recall select parts of it upon awakening. (My dream recall has been acting weird. Instead of remembering one whole dream, I'm beginning to remember about 3 dreams, but in small fragments). Here's what I remember of the dream:

At what I presume to be the dreams start, me and a bunch of men around 40 are walking into a small wooden building (I dreamt in first person, so I can't be sure, but I'm gonna guess that I was around 40 as well). The owner of the building is an old man, probably around 60 or so. Us men begin to talk about the war we fought in.

Then the forgotten dream takes off as basically a memory of said war. There's a huge leap of what I remember, then there's the reason I actually want to remember the dream. Here it is:

We're fighting an unknown army. Everything is slightly steel/blue, as if it were just before dawn. He battle scene is taking place in some 1940-like city. Based on our apparel, I think that this is World War II. I vaguely remember fighting and shooting, then something happens (I assume I got shot) and I fall to the ground. Some medical men lift me onto a pulley, and are wheeling me to safety. I think that my commander was yelling my name, in distress. I felt so weak. No pain, just weakness. All I could think about was the threat of being shot again, now that I am so vulnerable. The whole battle field looked like the battle scene in the last fight scene from the movie, "Saving Private Ryan." Why would I want to remember this dream? The emotion evoked. I've never felt such emotion, even in a lucid dream. Being shelled away seemed to go in slow motion, so the feelings were enhanced. They weren't good emotions…just powerful.

The part that makes me sad isn't entirely that I can't remember the dream, but that I can't remember the DCs involved. I really felt close to those men, as if I really WAS in a war. And if I could see them again in a dream…I know this is stupid, but I lack friends, and DCs are the closest that I have. I'm sad that I will never meet those guys again. The memories that I have left of the dream are fading yet, and so is the emotion I felt. Which really saddens me…

Anyway, please respond as you wish. And thanks.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

Ender_brine

Re: Emotional dream that I want to remember

Postby Ender_brine » 07 May 2013 00:59

A few things I forgot to mention. In the war, we were all about 25-30 years old. Not that it matters, but still. And another thing. Remember that old man who owns that wooden house where we remnisce upon the war? And remember the commander who was crying my name? I believe they were the same people.

~All men, whilst they are awake, are in one common world...but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.~
--Plutarch

mia

Postby mia » 08 May 2013 14:56

Dreams can be very emotional experiences for sure. Those dream characters are, in a way, still with you; you created them from the depths of your own subconscious; they are ( I believe) aspects of yourself. I think the re-creation of a movie scene is not uncommon in dreams; I think your subconscious imprints them easily when you are watching a movie, and they can be 're-used' as needed in dream imagery.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Ender_brine

Postby Ender_brine » 09 May 2013 06:25

mia wrote:Dreams can be very emotional experiences for sure. Those dream characters are, in a way, still with you; you created them from the depths of your own subconscious; they are ( I believe) aspects of yourself. I think the re-creation of a movie scene is not uncommon in dreams; I think your subconscious imprints them easily when you are watching a movie, and they can be 're-used' as needed in dream imagery.

I know. I'm just really sad that I will never see those DCs again. They'll just be a vague memory hidden in the shadowed parts of my mind. I wish there was a way I could remember forgotten dreams…

--Plutarch

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 May 2013 05:32

Ender_brine wrote: The part that makes me sad isn't entirely that I can't remember the dream, but that I can't remember the DCs involved. I really felt close to those men, as if I really WAS in a war. And if I could see them again in a dream…I know this is stupid, but I lack friends, and DCs are the closest that I have. I'm sad that I will never meet those guys again. The memories that I have left of the dream are fading yet, and so is the emotion I felt. Which really saddens me…

Anyway, please respond as you wish. And thanks.

Your subconsciousness trying to meet your need for comradeship may of been why it created those kind of emotional bonds and connections for you in war dream. This on that level can be seen as a healing dream.

Dreaming of a past war probably means that you are/have been waring with old aspects of yourself or your life. In your past thou seems there lays both the positive (otherwise the dream would of been just awefulness) and the negative.

That's one thing I love about dreams too, the intensity of my emotions
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 11 May 2013 05:37, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

mia

Postby mia » 11 May 2013 05:37

I think taniaaust1 has a very intuitive interpretation of your dream here.
( very well done Tania )
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 May 2013 05:38

mia wrote:I think taniaaust1 has a very intuitive interpretation of your dream here.
( very well done Tania )

It could be very wrong too :) , only the original poster will know.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 May 2013 21:57

I have no solution or answer, but can only say I hate when I can't remember a dream that I want to remember too.

I've had a hard time remembering my dreams the past few days, (been sleeping in hotel rooms, not my normal one). However, the one thing I do remember is the emotion and that is stronger than any visuals or other memories. I don't think there is anything I can do to help me remember, but one thing I have noticed about all my dreams that I remember... the emotions are more powerful than any visuals, audios, or even the premise of the dream. The dream was like an emotional outlet or venting of emotions which are cathartic. So I just remind myself that most people in this world don't remember their dreams at all and I guess it was not meant to be. But the emotional feelings were the main point of the dream and if you have a dream journal, simply write what you felt.

That's what I'm gonna do with the dreams I had lately and sadly, I don't think I will ever remember the details of them even though I feel I could fill pages if I remembered. Ah well, it was not meant to be, but at least we remember the emotional side which is arguably the most important.

P.S. I don't have any friends and zero social life. I hate to admit it, but sometimes my DC's are my best friends too!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”