Really need some thoughts on this...please.

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
dreamworld777

Really need some thoughts on this...please.

Postby dreamworld777 » 03 May 2013 15:24

I had a dream last night of my husband and my 19 year old son...in the dream,I was aware that my husband had just awoken from a dream that he had about my son...(I have no idea how I knew this in the dream,but I did)...he walked over to my son and lifted him up by his shoulders into the air.My son just looked at him expressionless but my husband seemed visually angry with him....I told my husband that he was only dreaming and that he wasn't really angry with my son and he then put him down and said nothing....he remained angry though and I remember thinking that it was so odd that he couldn't distinguish his dream from reality.....the dream ended here...

Now,according to my dream dictionary,it says that to dream you are being lifted represents rising above a situation....could this mean that my son(which was the one being lifted in this dream) is rising above a situation concerning my husband???

In reality,their relationship is not that great...my husband is my sons stepfather and they never have been close although my husband raised him since he was 3.My son is thinking of moving out and I have a feeling that it is because of my husband (he isn't the easiest person to live with)This situation has been on my mind for the past 3 days and then i have this dream.It's quite odd because my husband never ever remembers his dreams in reality and claims to never dream nor is he the type to be physical when angry..so it seemed unusual for him(even in a dream) to be acting out physically on a 'remembered dream'......
I would really appreciate any thoughts on this dream because it was so unusual,I feel that it has something to reveal to me because it has been constantly on my mind since I woke up....

Summerlander

Re: Really need some thoughts on this...please.

Postby Summerlander » 04 May 2013 23:57

I think the dream reflects how you feel about the situation. I wouldn't rely so much on dream dictionaries either as they are very generalised in their interpretations. I find their dream psychology slightly hypothetical.

You see your husband remembering a dream. Perhaps you'd like him to remember his dreams (everybody dreams). You see him having trouble distinguishing between dream and reality. Perhaps you find that he's not seeing things clearly in real life. You see him getting physical. Perhaps you fear that he might. Also, you might be aware that he gets angry inside when your son appears to rise above the situation.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 07 May 2013 15:50

Summerlander wrote:I think the dream reflects how you feel about the situation. I wouldn't rely so much on dream dictionaries either as they are very generalised in their interpretations. I find their dream psychology slightly hypothetical.

You see your husband remembering a dream. Perhaps you'd like him to remember his dreams (everybody dreams). You see him having trouble distinguishing between dream and reality. Perhaps you find that he's not seeing things clearly in real life. You see him getting physical. Perhaps you fear that he might. Also, you might be aware that he gets angry inside when your son appears to rise above the situation.

Thank you Summerlander....this is very accurate!!! When it comes to my own dreams,I am clueless trying to interpret sometimes... :lol:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 May 2013 19:16

Sometimes we need a second perspective. I'm glad I could help. :-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”