WILD: what to do next?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
DeltaV

Re: WILD: what to do next?

Postby DeltaV » 16 Apr 2013 15:07

taniaaust1 wrote:I never try to do WILD at times when I know I wont go to sleep (I only do it during day if I know I could go to sleep). Sounds like with your timing you are making things very hard for you.

I guess that's the problem then. I guess it's easier to do if one is tired.

Hypnosnail wrote:That sounds like a type of self hypnosis. What you should do, is before you start it, think about what exactly you want to do in the "dream". Get it set in your mind, that when you enter your new state, you will dream about X. Keep that in mind while you're doing your induction technique. Then, while you dream about X, you can choose to deviate from it.

I'll keep this advice in mind next time!
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 03 May 2013 15:40

So, after a week of being lazy, I tried my hand at WILD again. At some point, I experienced new imageries: flashing lights! Sometimes, part of my view would flicker with a white color. I also could influence the duration and strength of the flashing, to an extent.

Also, my hypnagogia produced a very chaotic mess of plant-motifs. I summoned it about 4 times before I got that weird feeling all over my body again.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 06 May 2013 06:43

The same stuff happens to me. Same sensations you felt. The energy surge is a shift in consciousness, and it can be very powerful and intense at points. For me anyway. Although I have never been able to ride it into a dream, I have reached the state that another post about, how he experienced sleep completely conscious but time shifting forward somehow. Its actually a highly sought after meditative state.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 May 2013 10:12

There is only one thing left to do at the acme of strange sensations such as vibrations, sounds, and visual hallucinations...

You either gravitate towards any dream panorama that has arisen in your mind while you're still conscious - thus finding yourself lucid in a 3D environment...

Or...

If the sensations are predominantly sounds or vibrations just separate from your perceived physical stencil lying in bed. It can be as easy as getting up...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 06 May 2013 13:55

So all I have to do now is making sure that next time that sensation occurs, I remain calm. Shouldn't be too difficult, I hope.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 May 2013 21:03

Remain calm and proceed to amplifying the unusual sensations whatever they are. They indicate that you are entering that hybrid state of mind that is required for lucid dreaming. If there is no visual stimulus but sounds and/or vibrations are present, simply make them reach a peak and them act as though you are separating from your physical body.

Don't imagine movement, actually move. When you do this you will most likely move with your dream body. Bear in mind that dream body movement can be indistinguishable from physical body movement so don't assume that just because it feels like you simply got up that you ruined everything.

Look around for clues that you are in the dream world and not the real world (you might find inconsistencies in your "bedroom"). If vision is absent or you're partially blind (like you've got eye gunk), then a very useful trick is to rub your hands in front of your face. Pay attention to the tactile sensation, the warmth, the sound of rubbing and you will find that vision will follow splendorously. Expect to see, btw!!

Your surroundings magically lighting up should be enough proof that you have indeed entered the world of lucid dreaming. Good luck!
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 08 May 2013 05:20

Summerlander wrote:Or...

If the sensations are predominantly sounds or vibrations just separate from your perceived physical stencil lying in bed. It can be as easy as getting up...

Like physically get up? And it turns out it wasn't physical? Everytime I get this sensation, I do an RC after and appear to be awake still. Very difficult for me.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 08 May 2013 05:22

Summerlander wrote:Remain calm and proceed to amplifying the unusual sensations whatever they are. They indicate that you are entering that hybrid state of mind that is required for lucid dreaming. If there is no visual stimulus but sounds and/or vibrations are present, simply make them reach a peak and them act as though you are separating from your physical body.

Don't imagine movement, actually move. When you do this you will most likely move with your dream body. Bear in mind that dream body movement can be indistinguishable from physical body movement so don't assume that just because it feels like you simply got up that you ruined everything.

Look around for clues that you are in the dream world and not the real world (you might find inconsistencies in your "bedroom"). If vision is absent or you're partially blind (like you've got eye gunk), then a very useful trick is to rub your hands in front of your face. Pay attention to the tactile sensation, the warmth, the sound of rubbing and you will find that vision will follow splendorously. Expect to see, btw!!

Your surroundings magically lighting up should be enough proof that you have indeed entered the world of lucid dreaming. Good luck!

This is already the response to my response, I should have read ahead. You make it seem so certain though, which excites me but I hate to get my hopes up. Next time I feel these sensations at their peak, I will push out of SP and get up and see what happens. I hope you are right!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 May 2013 12:56

KylePK, you'll be fine. That's exactly it. It feels physical but then it turns out not to be. When you "separate", do it with confidence and move without tensing up. Think that it has already worked. Do it robotically, without mulling over what you are doing and if you are doing it right.

When those weird sensations arise, you are essentially there already. Sensory input from the real world has largely shut down and you brain has created bogus sensations of lying in bed or being in a room. It's all a mental construct from expectation and all that remains is breaking that mental barrier that you are still trapped in a physical body. It's an illusion, albeit a very convincing one.

Try it out and let me know how it goes. Don't be dismayed should you accidentally break the SP. Just stay calm and be confident that everything will go smoothly. Let me know when it happens.

- Padmasambhava

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 12 May 2013 07:28

Summerlander wrote:KylePK, you'll be fine. That's exactly it. It feels physical but then it turns out not to be. When you "separate", do it with confidence and move without tensing up. Think that it has already worked. Do it robotically, without mulling over what you are doing and if you are doing it right.

When those weird sensations arise, you are essentially there already. Sensory input from the real world has largely shut down and you brain has created bogus sensations of lying in bed or being in a room. It's all a mental construct from expectation and all that remains is breaking that mental barrier that you are still trapped in a physical body. It's an illusion, albeit a very convincing one.

Try it out and let me know how it goes. Don't be dismayed should you accidentally break the SP. Just stay calm and be confident that everything will go smoothly. Let me know when it happens.

The way you explain it excites me.

Usually what happens is the vibrations stop (as I never do anything with them other than try to prolong them and let them engulf me) and then I drift back to normalcy, do an RC, and find myself not dreaming. xD but I think I understand what you mean. When the vibrations are at their peak, I will slowly get out of my bed, and hopefully it will be my dream body!

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”