How often are you LDing?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
mia

Re: How often are you LDing?

Postby mia » 07 May 2013 02:02

Well, it sounds fascinating. Thanks for the info Summerlander. I've been LDing fairly regularly ( naturally)most of my life, and managed some control of situations and dreamscapes, but never realized, until very recently, how much more there could be. I'm still quite a novice though. I will search out the other book by Raguga as well.
Looking forward to yours! :)
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 May 2013 09:05

It's always fascinating when we're dealing with consciousness and the realm of the mind. :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 07 May 2013 17:41

not very often for me
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 09 May 2013 00:34

Just about every day :)

Gratitude!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 09 May 2013 02:15

LucidLink wrote:Just about every day :)

Gratitude!

EVERY DAY?????? HOW'D YOU MANAGE THAT??????????? luckyyyyyyyy
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 May 2013 03:37

Laberge talks about all forms of induction but it is Raduga that stresses the importance of multiple re-entries. He says a foul (undesired exit from the phase state) does not have to be the end of the experience.

Re-entries are something Ive been working on for the past few months. I managed one of those successfully last night and at times have done up to 4-5 reentries into the same dream (after drop outs).

Im currently having about 3 spontanous LDs per fortnight. (I dont do reality checking). Unfortunately thou my LDs currently are being frustratingly short often not leaving me time to do my challenges (hence my often need to reenter). Last nights on the reentry.. I only got walking 3 steps before I dropped out again without warning. oh well.. the bright side is at least Im getting a lot of reentry practice.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 09 May 2013 05:06

Gratitude!

Do a reality check

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 May 2013 12:31

That's right, tania. It's very easy to foul. All it can take is for someone to think about the physical body to trigger a return. It is also important to perform protraction techniques during the experience - the most effective ones tend to rely on sensory amplification. When you're not doing this, focus on carrying out a planned mission.

By the way, I'm only coming from Raduga's school of out-of-body travel, guys, I understand if you are used to doing things in a slightly different way.

I may advocate re-entry into the phase (LDs/OOBEs), and it's really good practice because if a DILD collapses you can always re-enter using the separation technique, but I don't always practice what I preach...

For instance, this morning I made my kids breakfast and went back to bed for a quick nap before taking the to school. I lay in bed next to my wife and was not even thinking about lucid dreaming. After a lapse in consciousness I came to and heard what sounded like my eldest son coming in the room and complaining about something but could not make out what he was saying...

Of course, this was a bogus event concocted purely in the mind and I soon realised that because it was so unlike my son. So, I got up and looked at me and my wife in bed. The bedding was white instead of blue and when I looked at my hands and arms they were transparent. I floated over the bed and was amazed by the three-dimensionality of this bedroom environment. I had no plan so I decided to focus on flying out of the house. I enjoyed flying over roofs and treetops under a clear blue sky and landed to inspect the front garden of a house. I jingled some chimes hanging on the side of the house and then remembered that I still had to take the kids to school. My desire to return was sufficient to make me immediately wake up in bed...

In this case, re-entering would not be ideal. If this had happened at the weekend, then it would have been a different story. I guess it's a matter of getting our priorities right.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 09 May 2013 15:37

Once a month :( But this week I discovered SSILD and it got me a lucid dream(possibly 2 but I don't remember) on my first try.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 09 May 2013 18:30

deepakkumaar97 wrote:

Gratitude!

It is possible, by using the WILD method. ;) ;) ;)
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”