Need Assistance: Failed Attempt

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
RayBanCharles

Need Assistance: Failed Attempt

Postby RayBanCharles » 26 Apr 2013 18:07

Last night I attempted to lucid dream through a meditative state. I began my laying on my back with my comforter pulled up to my neck because I usually don't sleep with sheets. I had my headphones on to tune into my lucid audio consisting of the sound of water, subliminal messages, and the frequencies that assist your brain. I actually edited this audio by recording myself saying affirmations which really wasn't hard considering I do music production. Anyway, I laid very still focusing on my breathing at first then slowly numbing my whole body away. Eventually, I'd feel my heart rate pick up as the vibrations began and I attempted to calm myself still just laying there trying to breathe rhythmically. 30 minutes when by and I could barely feel my body yet I wasn't drifting off into my dreams yet, still completely aware eyes still closed. So I tried paying attention to the darkness behind my eyelids and when I did this my eyes would shake rapidly and i began to notice a dull green light at the bottom right corner of my vision (eyes still closed). It got brighter and brighter the more I focused on it, and eventually I realized it was only the smoke detector in my bedroom when I opened my eyes slightly. 30 more minutes went by (my dream audio is 30 minutes long before it repeats) and my body was still numb and occasionally I'd experience a floating or falling sensation but would snap back to my numb body seeing as that when this did happen my body would completely lose all sense of feeling. SOOOOOO CLOOOSE! Please help me out.

taniaaust1

Re: Need Assistance: Failed Attempt

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2013 02:08

When you edited it.. wouldnt that remove the subliminals of it??

It sounds like your mind isnt letting go enough. Your mind needs to let go so that the subconsciousness can start to appear eg a dream or with images. In your case quite possibly not having speaking on what you are listening too "may" help you to let go more (I know my waking mind engages quite a lot if a voice speaks).

Think about other ways too in which you can get your brain to stop thinking so much and let go more. Its quite possible to have the body fully relaxed but the mind itself just not relaxed enough.

and occasionally I'd experience a floating or falling sensation

or you could try to intensify those feelings.. try to go along with your body is doing. If it wants to float.. imagine in 1st person terms that you are floating. If you wants to fall.. same goes with that. You need to disconnect with your physical body.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 03 May 2013 07:41

I have this same issue regularly. Can't help you :/ I don't know how to get my mind to "let go" without falling asleep.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 03 May 2013 08:37

I get the feeling that you are not supposed to focus on anything while attempting to do a WILD. It's probably more like observing something from the corner of your eye.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 03 May 2013 18:46

DeltaV wrote:I get the feeling that you are not supposed to focus on anything while attempting to do a WILD. It's probably more like observing something from the corner of your eye.

Visualization is often necessary as I understand it, which requires some level of focus. But obviously you are correct, too much focused intent will only rouse the mind too much.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 May 2013 10:46

KylePK wrote:
DeltaV wrote:I get the feeling that you are not supposed to focus on anything while attempting to do a WILD. It's probably more like observing something from the corner of your eye.

Visualization is often necessary as I understand it, which requires some level of focus. But obviously you are correct, too much focused intent will only rouse the mind too much.

I dont know how others are doing their WILD but when I do mine, I dont focus on anything except the thought "I want to go lucid" and maybe my breath or a chant which if I stop hearing at intervals, I know Ive just gone to sleep. I try to just let my mind go where it wants but with me keeping a minimum watch over what my body is doing.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Masochancer

Postby Masochancer » 09 May 2013 20:47

taniaaust1 wrote:It sounds like your mind isnt letting go enough. Your mind needs to let go so that the subconsciousness can start to appear eg a dream or with images. In your case quite possibly not having speaking on what you are listening too "may" help you to let go more (I know my waking mind engages quite a lot if a voice speaks).

I DEFINITELY have this problem...If the tv is on or music with lyrics, i CAN NOT sleep.....not unless i'm compeltely exhausted... if there are words, I have to listen, because they might be interesting, and I might miss something ;) . on that note, does anyone have any suggestions of downloadable mp3's of relaxation music or sounds that dont have voices? I want to make a playlist to help me sleep and cover up other noises

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”