Many flying dreams

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
deepakkumaar97

Many flying dreams

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 10 May 2013 17:58

Flying is one of the things I would really like to do in real life but as I can't I do them in my LDs.
But not only I fly in my LDs but also in many of my non lucid dreams, they are becoming more and more frequent, mostly in these types I find myself gliding slowly and enjoying and thinking that somehow I have gained this ability to fly, other times I would be in a Helicopter or a flight(once I was sitting on the edge of the flight door which was open :lol: ). It has also helped me gain lucidity few times and I also enjoy it but I was thinking if they could mean something as they are getting very frequent(about twice or more a week).

Thank You
Do a reality check

LucidLink

Re: Many flying dreams

Postby LucidLink » 11 May 2013 15:42

I read that frequent non lucid flying dreams mean that you are very close to astral projecting, or that you should attempt astral projection.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 May 2013 17:58

Maybe flying provides you with a much needed liberating sensation as you break free from the pressures of gravity. It may be one of the few times when you feel in control.

Now it's perennially on your mind to the point that you have dedicated a topic to it. You are hooked for now until you get bored.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

mia

Postby mia » 12 May 2013 17:08

I fly a lot in my non lucid dreams ( and always have); and levitate a lot. I always fly and levitate in my lucid dreams too. I always think it should trigger lucidity more often than it does ( I mean, shouldn't I sort of NOTICE flying isn't the norm in daily waking life)?
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 05 Jun 2013 12:27

Anyone can fly through the lucid dreaming but for this all you need great concentration.

mia

Postby mia » 05 Jun 2013 14:25

I fly and levitate all the time in my lucid dreams. I have to say, that I've never found that it requires concentration at all; it seems to come very naturally in a lucid dream. Floating, levitating, flying, teleporting.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 05 Jun 2013 16:08

mia wrote:I fly and levitate all the time in my lucid dreams. I have to say, that I've never found that it requires concentration at all; it seems to come very naturally in a lucid dream. Floating, levitating, flying, teleporting.

Yeah, for some it does, but many have trouble to have flying LDs.
Do a reality check

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 07 Jun 2013 09:57

I fly a lot in my lucid dreams but sometimes i cannot fly with speed. It looks like something is pushing me back. I can only fly if i use my arms like i'm swimming. And that takes great effort. I feel tired. Anyone has this? How can i fly with great speed and in great distances?

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 07 Jun 2013 11:53

Highlander wrote:I fly a lot in my lucid dreams but sometimes i cannot fly with speed. It looks like something is pushing me back. I can only fly if i use my arms like i'm swimming. And that takes great effort. I feel tired. Anyone has this? How can i fly with great speed and in great distances?

Try jumping from high buildings or if you can teleport to mountain cliffs, do that, this way you would naturally gain speed as you fall and then you just have to change the direction to horizontal. I think its worth a try.
Do a reality check

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 07 Jun 2013 12:01

deepakkumaar97 wrote:Try jumping from high buildings or if you can teleport to mountain cliffs, do that, this way you would naturally gain speed as you fall and then you just have to change the direction to horizontal. I think its worth a try.

Yes. Falling is an excelent idea. I can't go slow if i'm falling. Thanks for the tip. I'll try that. ;)

Return to “Dream Interpretation”