Strange experience while lucid dreaming

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Spirit_Wolf

Strange experience while lucid dreaming

Postby Spirit_Wolf » 11 May 2013 00:01

Hi, I'm new to the forums. This story might sound bizarre but I am 100% telling the truth.

I want to continue lucid dreaming but I am now a bit hesitant to do so.

So I first attained lucidity a few years ago and it was amazing, my secret on how to do it was simple- dream journal.

I stopped lucid dreaming and since moved to a new home (back in with the parents.) I had a False awakening.. I realized i was dreaming. I awoke in my room and as soon as I awoke I was attacked by a black figure, looked half dog half human. it was trying to bite my face coming rather close. It was remarkable on how scary this creature was and how sharp the teeth looked. Before it could attack me I grabbed it by the neck and repeatedly slammed it on the ground very hard. And threw it against the wall and yelled STAY BACK in a commanding voice. and it vanished. At this point in time I was not trying to lucid dream it just happened.

Here's the kicker.

I'm 23 now and about 10 years ago I had no idea what lucid dreaming was and could not even fathom the idea.

At 13 I had a false awakening(not having any idea at the time) I awoke in my bed and right beside me appeared myself with red eyes and it tried to slap me in the face and disappeared right before it hit me. This freaked me out because I thought this was real..

My question is WTF is this thing lurking in my lucid dream state? A demon? I know the two different times I've experienced it the thing I saw was one in the same. I am not afraid of it and would love very much to kill it.

I must sound absolutely insane but I swear to you I'm telling the truth.

I would very much like to start lucid dreaming again. But I am in fear if this thing is a demon and I try to leave my body will this thing try and possess me? I am a Christian, not a radicle Christian but I do believe in Jesus.
[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Last edited by Spirit_Wolf on 11 May 2013 06:37, edited 1 time in total.

StrangeDreamer

Re: Strange experience while lucid dreaming

Postby StrangeDreamer » 11 May 2013 00:58

I've heard stranger things. I'm new to lucid dreaming myself, however if you see this 'thing' again I would recomend telling it to go away in Jesus name. Other than that you could try praying.
"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." -Eames (Inception)

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 11 May 2013 13:56

Whoa whoa whoa man, this "thing" is merely a part of you, throwing it and slamming it around isn't solving anything, violence is never the answer!

Your answer? Next time this creature shows up, project love at it. Love it so much it has no choice but to love back. Then ask it what it represents, because it is proably some negative repressed thought or emotion that has gained a form over all these years, after you love it and find out what it represents, try reconnecting with it! Become one with your repressed monster, and you will truly solve the problem as well gaining more love and understanding for yourself! ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Spirit_Wolf

Postby Spirit_Wolf » 11 May 2013 14:54

Interesting... It makes sense what you said. What ever creature this is it lives in my childhood room (where i am at now) because when I become lucid anywhere else I don't see it. I only attacked it because it attacked me in my childhood and my last lucid dream. I am almost positive I will see this thing every time I have a false awakening in my room here.

I can most certainly project love. My only concern is I don't know what it is, it's very hostile and I don't want to tell a demon I love it (if it is that) but on the other hand violence isn't working because i don't think i got rid of it. I just started keeping a dream journal so If I keep up with it within a week I will start having LDs again and I will share my expereinces

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 11 May 2013 15:39

Exactly, beating it won't ever get rid of it, it's only a temporary solution for that moment, that in actuality might end up making the whole situation worse over all in the future.

Projecting love is deeper then just saying "I love you", (although that is a good start!), but projecting love, is literally feeling that emotion of pure love, pure heart, pure power, and then projecting what you feel on to the monster. Which this all can be done without words, but words defienatly help. Does this help you understand projecting love onto the creature?

And also, say for instance, this figure was a true demon, (instead of what I really believe it to be, which is a repressed childhood thought or emotion that has taken form, and your in his domain, where you created him, which is why you only see him when sleeping in your childhood room), projecting love would still be one of your most effective tactics against him. The more powerful the spirit, the less this would affect him, but none the less in a situation where we seem powerless it is our most powerful weapon. And that's true for all situations both in waking and dreaming life.

But in your case, projecting love should do just the trick. Many examples of this have been done, and in every case when love is projected onto a frightening nightmare figure in an LD, they always change into a harmless figure where they then can be questioned as to their origins, and what the true solution to the problem is.

Spirit_Wolf

Postby Spirit_Wolf » 11 May 2013 15:56

That makes absolutely perfect sense. I have no argument with your logic what so ever. I will try this and am eager to try it. I hope I can come to terms with it and find out what exactly this repressed emotion could possibly be.

Thank you.

Another question since you seem very knowledgeable with this and I haven't gotten any answers on these questions before..

At around the same age at 13, I was sleeping in a room upstairs from the one I am in now. I am not sure if I was in a lucid state or not but I don't beleive so. I recollect seeing a white figure (looked more angelic) even though when I saw it I was absolutely petrified, he was standing at my door, was wearing all white and had no face. The face was all white. I don't think he was at all hostile towards me.

What do you think this could be? I have thought this to be my guardian angel, yet I have no idea why he came to me, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this because it is something that happend that i have hardly told anyone about. (I tried telling others but they literally thought I was just making it up or thought I was crazy. On any of these matters I'm discussing.)

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 11 May 2013 16:44

That is a powerful dream! I'd also like to note, that everything I told you earlier, I learned from reading books written by experts such as Stephen Lebarge, but what I'm going to tell you now is more based off my opinions.

We all have spirit guides, and they are here to help us. But for the most part, they don't interfere directly, unless we ourselves actively seek them out and their knowledge and guidance. That being said, once in a while, spirit guides do interfere directly, when it is truly needed. And how do they do this? Through our dreams. I believe that figure was no doubt a spirit guide of yourse, just because of his appearance. Symbolism is the language of dreams, and a white figure like that is pretty direct symbolism. Plus not to mention, the color white itself, is a very angelic or spirutal crowning color. Now notice how even though he was not threatening at all, you where scared, and this right here is one of the major reasons our spirit guides only actively interfere with us when we seem them out, because otherwise we aren't ready for it. Besides being afraid, other respones could come along that don't help anything, so the spirit guide is better off remaining passive in the first place, Intill we actively seek them out. However, your spirit guide must of felt it neasecerary to show himself to you. If you had been lucid, communicating with him would of been the best option. But, why did he choose to show himself to you? That's only a question you can answer, or maybe you can't even answer it. It's possible something as little as that glimpse of him, is the reason your here now on these forums talking to me. Or maybe that glimpse solved a problem, or he was protecting you from something.

Since you have remembered this dream to this day, and it is no doubt a powerful experience, I also reccomend that when you begin having lucid dreams again, seek out this figure from your childhood. I'm sure he is still there, watching over you, just waiting for you to find him ;)

Spirit_Wolf

Postby Spirit_Wolf » 11 May 2013 16:54

Yes with all of these instances when I was younger, I honestly don't know if I was dreaming at all, from my memories I was in the waking world and not asleep. But dreaming or having a false awakening is the only logical explanation I can come up with because it feels 100% real when I have a false awakening.

When I am lucid is there any type of technique I can do to communicate with my spirit guide? I noticed with my previous LDs the only thing I can really control is movement (like flying at a low height, any higher I spin uncontrollably and wake up.) I know that this is from lack of experience as well, and I just go with the flow of the dream but remain 100% consciously aware and having control of my actions but not surroundings.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 May 2013 11:43

Dark figures are very common with the onset of sleep paralysis. The half-dog, half-human shape could signify your territorial nature (dogs are territorial) and the figure's aggression could reflect an irrational fear of losing control - you moved in with your parents after all!

This scary manifestation was allowed to come through to the attention of the waking self because your lizard brain, namely the amygdala, became doubly active during sleep paralysis.

I'm an atheist and I don't believe in demons. I was raised a Catholic but I've always been curious the nature of things and developed an interest in science as a youngster.

It is interesting that, as an indoctrinated child, and thus a believer in the horrible things that religion is so irrationally sure about, I was also plagued by terrifying false awakenings. Statistically, the religious tend to report more frightening experiences. The hard-nosed sceptic or the materialist are rarely disturbed by such incidents, but, when they are, they see them as psychological manifestations and quickly rectify them.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Spirit_Wolf

Postby Spirit_Wolf » 12 May 2013 15:01

Yes, I am a Christian but I'm pretty far off the spectrum and my beliefs are a bit different because of some of the things I've experienced (like having a trip off of LSD where time and space was warped and the universe was unfolding right before my eyes, but this isn't the place to go into that!) but it is still hard when you grew up believing one thing and you are exposed to something completely different... If that makes any sense!

3rd night still no LD, tried ordering some supps to speed up the process but no effect. Little frustrating but ive only seriously been trying for a few days and I know I'm a bit rusty.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”