Successful SSILD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DeltaV
Posts: 122
Joined: 26 Mar 2012 18:40

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby DeltaV » 11 May 2013 07:09

It's similar to that, yes. However, I haven't been able to properly reproduce it again. I blame the fact that my mind keeps on wandering away. I think that SSILD should be combined with WBTB, so it is easier to concentrate on the task at hand.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

User avatar
Je-Je
Posts: 340
Joined: 26 Mar 2013 12:41
Location: Somewhere in DreamWorld

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby Je-Je » 11 May 2013 09:12

I have try the SSILD but didnt get any lucid dream yet, but with the SSILD i remember very well my dream as a souvenir and it's very vivid as dream.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3642
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby Summerlander » 11 May 2013 09:40

You definitely right about that, DeltaV. In fact, the last time I employed my SSILD-like version of the technique, I had used it with WBTB around 5am and it worked a treat!

I ended up being pulled out-of-body by my double who took me to his parallel universe by going through my magical hallway mirror. On the other side he lived in a mansion with a swimming pool. There was loud music, booze, and bikini-clad women. I had fun. It sounds crazy but anything goes in the world of lucid dreaming.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DeltaV
Posts: 122
Joined: 26 Mar 2012 18:40

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby DeltaV » 11 May 2013 10:48

Summerlander wrote:I ended up being pulled out-of-body by my double who took me to his parallel universe by going through my magical hallway mirror. On the other side he lived in a mansion with a swimming pool. There was loud music, booze, and bikini-clad women. I had fun. It sounds crazy but anything goes in the world of lucid dreaming.

:lol:
I am gonna try to do it properly again tonight. Just write down a dream (assuming I can remember it), and then go back to sleep.

The thing I like about this technique is how foolproof it is. It doesn't require the right frame of mind, or trial-and-error like the WILD method, or any habits you have to learn. It's purely a temporary boost of awareness, which is a neccessity for lucid dreams.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

User avatar
mia
Posts: 305
Joined: 03 Apr 2013 02:35
Location: CANADA

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby mia » 11 May 2013 16:22

Well, I gave this a go this morning. It was definitely working;( lying in bed on my back ) I was moving into my dream body, writing something sitting at a desk in a bright room. I tried to move with it, but at the critical moment, my husband woke me up! Darn!
I then tried 're-entry' but multiple intrusions: my cat rubbing against me and purring loudly, my husband coming in and out... Will have another try very soon. It seems like a very viable method.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3642
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby Summerlander » 11 May 2013 16:47

It gives you something to focus on which means you are getting straight to the point. You can even get back into the last dream you had because the memory of it means it will be easier for you to visualise what it feels like.

Stephen LaBerge alludes to SSILD being used in conjunction with the MILD method, too. I think it is definitely a great tool to have in hand. Michael Raduga advocates his own version (sensory-motor visualisation) as an alternative to the separation technique. With SSILD, lucid dreamers can bypass the occasional mental barrier that makes it difficult for them to "separate" from the body.

You can practically pretend, in imagination, that you are sitting in Eiffel tower's Le Jules Verne restaurant, with elegant crockery before you, trying out some exquisite French cuisine, and privileged with a majestic view of Paris. By visualising this experience with your senses in the rightly primed state of mind, it can take seconds before it becomes a mental virtual reality. Suddenly, you are really there!! And then you are faced with other temptations like flying over the city or fulfilling sexual fantasies in some lavish hotel.

And why would you even want to physically visit Le Jules Verne when your lucid dreaming mind can far outdo the real thing in every respect? 8-)

Image

And while you cherish your mental experience with all your senses, the feeling of your physical body lying in bed is nothing but a memory and certainly a concept that you want to keep out of your mind lest it triggers an abrupt return to reality. :P
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
mia
Posts: 305
Joined: 03 Apr 2013 02:35
Location: CANADA

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby mia » 12 May 2013 16:55

Alright. My second go at this SSILD method. It was certainly successful in some way, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

Early morning; I get up to use the bathroom, and then remember it's the best time to try this again. I go back to bed and begin the cycles. After awhile, I am aware of floating up out of my body and realize I must be dreaming and this is being successful. Unfortunately, this was happening just as my husband was getting up and I was afraid I would be woken up, so I decide to leave the bedroom by flying through the closed window ( I think to myself as I am doing this that I can go through the closed window because it's a dream); so I end up outside of the house. Then I am brought back into my sleeping body by sounds of my husband in the house. I may have lay there thinking I was awake, but was still asleep, as a few minutes later I woke up for what seemed for real.

I'm confused about this experience. Was I sleeping and thinking my husband got up before I went out of the window; when that, in fact, was still a dream? The no 'falling asleep' part was so odd. This is only the 2nd time I've tried to induce an LD ( other than telling myself I'll have one before going to sleep). I'm not sure how to handle it; how do I turn this sort of thing into some real dream experiences instead of just hanging around my bedroom? I read about this method online after reading Delta's post here, and see that the dream beginning in your bedroom is common, because that's where you expect to be. Any input on this? Advice on how to develop this into an actual LD?
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

LucidLink
Posts: 405
Joined: 08 Apr 2013 16:48

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby LucidLink » 12 May 2013 17:28

mia wrote:Alright. My second go at this SSILD method. It was certainly successful in some way, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

Early morning; I get up to use the bathroom, and then remember it's the best time to try this again. I go back to bed and begin the cycles. After awhile, I am aware of floating up out of my body and realize I must be dreaming and this is being successful. Unfortunately, this was happening just as my husband was getting up and I was afraid I would be woken up, so I decide to leave the bedroom by flying through the closed window ( I think to myself as I am doing this that I can go through the closed window because it's a dream); so I end up outside of the house. Then I am brought back into my sleeping body by sounds of my husband in the house. I may have lay there thinking I was awake, but was still asleep, as a few minutes later I woke up for what seemed for real.

I'm confused about this experience. Was I sleeping and thinking my husband got up before I went out of the window; when that, in fact, was still a dream? The no 'falling asleep' part was so odd. This is only the 2nd time I've tried to induce an LD ( other than telling myself I'll have one before going to sleep). I'm not sure how to handle it; how do I turn this sort of thing into some real dream experiences instead of just hanging around my bedroom? I read about this method online after reading Delta's post here, and see that the dream beginning in your bedroom is common, because that's where you expect to be. Any input on this? Advice on how to develop this into an actual LD?


Your answer is your question, you are already in a real LD! Just because your in your room dosnt make a difference, I'm confused by what you consider a "real dream experience". I often begin many of my LDs in my room, but i actually prefer that. From there, I just do whatever I want. Like going outside to explore, flying, finding DCs, anything. I don't understand the problem of not having a "real LD" by starting in your room haha.
So I hope this helped? But I'm not sure.

Also, can someone just explain this method here? I can't follow the link and it sound like a good technique!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3642
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby Summerlander » 12 May 2013 17:41

I wish I had more time to reply here but I'm at work. Tell you what...

Once you separate into your dream bedroom, the first thing to do is deepening techniques. Heighten vision and touch as the main ones. Try to feel sensations as though what is around you is real. 10 seconds of this should be enough.

You must also have a plan of action to avoid hesitation as this can cause an abrupt return to reality. If you want to get out of your bedroom you can simply fly out the window. Or, you can spin and translocate somewhere else. Even going through walls or using doors can do the trick. I tend to use my hallway mirror as a portal to other locations.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DeltaV
Posts: 122
Joined: 26 Mar 2012 18:40

Re: Successful SSILD

Postby DeltaV » 12 May 2013 18:34

Summerlander wrote:You must also have a plan of action to avoid hesitation as this can cause an abrupt return to reality. If you want to get out of your bedroom you can simply fly out the window. Or, you can spin and translocate somewhere else. Even going through walls or using doors can do the trick. I tend to use my hallway mirror as a portal to other locations.

Next time I go lucid (and actually remember to anchor myself in my dream), I want to experiment with those 'transitions'. I have one in mind in which I shoot with a gun at a wall to open a portal. I even know how the portal and the gun will look like.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!


Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests