Anyone Use Calea Zacatechichi?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Bleekman117

Re: Anyone Use Calea Zacatechichi?

Postby Bleekman117 » 07 Sep 2012 00:11

So does anybody know if you can be immune to this stuff?
I got some a while ago and started of taking pills, nothing happened...
Rolled it up and smoked some (It's pretty harsh), still nothing...
Made the rest into some tea and still got nothing...
Just wondering if it just doesn't work for some people?

Oh and by the way, NEVER MAKE IT INTO TEA!!! That was the most god awful thing I have ever tasted!!!
The mind is a beautiful thing

Lisecila

Postby Lisecila » 16 Nov 2012 15:13

This herb have done wonders for my dreams. I had a lucid dream the second time I tried it. This is a good example of how Lucid dreaming can turn a nightmare, into a wonderful dream.

So here's my Calea z dream:

I was inside some kind of super marked. I walked over to a man and a woman who sat on the floor. They spoke a foreign language, and I tried to communicate with them, by using my hands and other types of body language. I tried to explain to them, that they had to put on their shoes. Suddenly I heard someone walk into the store. It was a very tall, skinny old man, with really big knifes in both hands. He didn't scare me, but I hid behind som shelfs (I'm almost never afraid, when I'm inside a nightmare, The fear comes after i wake up.) He killed some of the other people in the store, and the people working there didn't even notice him. I thought 'That's strange...What kind of place is this anyway? I MUST be dreaming' So I faced the killer, let he come towards me, and stab me right in the chest. I knew that the worst thing that could happen, was that I would wake up. I felt some pressure on my chest, when he stabbed, but it didn't hurt. I laid down on the floor, and pretended to be dead. There was some blood, but the wound healed in no time. When the killer was gone, I got up, and demanded to see my dream guide (which is one of the characters in a novel I'm working on. I didn't ask him to be my guide, but he just showed up in another lucid dream, and said that he would be my dream guide from now on) and I wanted to go somewhere more familiar. Suddenly I was on a stage, and working on Romeo and Juliet, with a director who I never saw but heard the voice of (I played Juliet when I was in acting school, so my subconscious used that as something familiar) My dream guide was also there, and I had a question for him, related to the novel, because I've had a bit of a writers block. He was a bit hard to talk to this time, so I started to float around (something I always tend to do when I'm lucid) When we we're finished practicing our performance, I finally had the chance to sit down with him, and ask him what would happen next in the novel. For some reason this made him very sad, but he gave me some good answers, before I woke up.

I will continue to dig in my subconscious, to get more inspiration for my novel. Calea really helps me to remember my dreams better, and to take control :)
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) : http://nattkinomaskinisten.blogspot.no/

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 16 Nov 2012 19:39

I by now tried calea just about any way you can think of. Tea, vaping, baking in cake,eating it with poridge,tea with plenty of honey. For me it does not seem to do anythink, but i don't say it does not work, and will at a latter stage try it again. :)

danmc

Postby danmc » 04 Dec 2012 02:04

I've never used supplements before, but when I researched this one, it sounded interesting. I got an ounce of the herb and a bottle of tincuture. I find it really strange that these don't come with any dosage recommendations. Why is that? It seems like they should.

Anyway, I started with the tincture. First I tried a couple of dropper fulls from the included dropper. Nothing to report. Then I tried a tablespoon on one occasion and, again after no action, I upped it to two tablespoons on two different nights but no avail. Last night I tried three tablespoons and that did the trick. Here's the report.

I had three very long, very detailed dreams with very intricate and complex plot lines. I rarely have these types of dreams, so it's a good bet it was more than coincidence. I took it before going to sleep, and I noted the dreams took place throughout the night with the last one occurring just before rising. So, in this case at least, the effect was rather long lasting. I will try 3 tablespoons again for two more nights for a total of three consecutive nights then knock off for a while. If there is any action worth reporting, I'll post back here. There were no side effects of any kind from the 3 tablespoons last night.

killea57

Postby killea57 » 13 Feb 2013 00:18

I have been using calea zacatechichi for a little while. I take it in capsule form- 2.5 grams a night- and it wasn't working at first. I read a little into it because I still had quite a large amount of it left and I read that if it doesn't work for you immediately, give it some time. Quite a number of people notice no effects at first try but it becomes more effective with regular use. I tried this out by taking 2.5 grams a night for the next couple of weeks and slowly I noticed a change. My advice to anybody who thinks, "I'm just immune, it doesn't work on me and never will," just give it some time and take it every night. You'll be glad you did.

JorjorAZ

Postby JorjorAZ » 18 Apr 2013 02:58

If I decided to smoke it, how should I smoke it?

Do I suck it in and blow it out, like a cigarette?

Or, do I suck it in and hold it in, like marijuana?

Thank you very much.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 18 Apr 2013 13:22

JorjorAZ wrote:If I decided to smoke it, how should I smoke it?

Do I suck it in and blow it out, like a cigarette?

Or, do I suck it in and hold it in, like marijuana?

Thank you very much.

The reason you hold in marijuana hits, is because the longer you hold it in, the more THC gets in in your lungs, and you get more out of one hit.

But this doesn't just go for marijuana, this goes for smoking any plant. Whether you are smoking DMT, Marijuana, Calea, or any other plant...

Hold those hits in to get the best effect! ;)

So, yes, smoke it like marijuana.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Spirit_Wolf

Postby Spirit_Wolf » 12 May 2013 14:50

I ordered some calea z and bought some vitamin b6, took two capsules of the calea z and 200mg of b6 before bed, rather disappointed because I had two dreams both not very vivid, and I could only recall about one sentence of each. Ill experiment more of the calea z by taking it 4-5 hours after I sleep this time like recommended, while taking b6 before bed. I could break the capsules open and smoke them in a bowl, but honestly would it really effect me any differently if I did that?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 13 May 2013 00:08

Spirit_Wolf wrote:I ordered some calea z and bought some vitamin b6, took two capsules of the calea z and 200mg of b6 before bed, rather disappointed because I had two dreams both not very vivid, and I could only recall about one sentence of each. Ill experiment more of the calea z by taking it 4-5 hours after I sleep this time like recommended, while taking b6 before bed. I could break the capsules open and smoke them in a bowl, but honestly would it really effect me any differently if I did that?

Both ways help, you should smoke a couple bowls before bed and take the calea pills after 5 hours of sleep and do both. Or just take the pills. Personally, smoking it is pretty harsh, and I used to smoke joints of calea before bed, but now I just use the pills. It's so much easier and less painful for the same effect!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Spirit_Wolf

Postby Spirit_Wolf » 13 May 2013 17:08

So night #1 I took 2 calea z tabs 30 min before bed time with 200 mg a b6,

Night #2 Before bed I took 3 5mg melatonin, 100mg b6, and 4 calea z tabs 4 hours later.

I don't know if these supplements are a bad pair or what... I've had terrible dream recall the past two days, it was like I didn't even dream at all until this morning 40 minutes after I woke up I remembered I did have a dream (more of a nightmare but those don't really effect me)

I have had a good ratio of LDs with melatonin alone. I think b6 and calea z are out if my regiment for a few days until I feel like experimenting with them again.

I'm having really bad recall.. It's better without supplements but does anyone know why this is?

I was thinking throughout the day taking a supp with choline bitartrate, dmae, and ginkgo biloba for mental clarity and memory function. Thoughts?

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”