Success! But I have a question

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
clown

Success! But I have a question

Postby clown » 12 May 2013 23:19

I got my 2nd LD and it was my longest and most vivid one :)) but i have a question.

For induction, I actually look out for the vibrations and adrenaline rush feeling in my body to get into the lucid dream. It's sleep paralysis I presume?

I feel the vibrations with my eyelids closed and thought maybe let it kick in some more, so I just continue to feel it and see if anything happens. After a while I decide to open my eyes. I see my bedroom still. I thought I had lost it, till I realize further there is a furniture misplaced in my bedroom. I got up and there it starts. How do you know if ure already in a LD? I kinda like take my chances by opening my eyes and see if I'm in a dreamscape already or still awake.

And there is something common. In my lucid dreams, all of them start from me getting out of my bed. And I don think I'm doing OBE. Any reasons for these?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

DreamerMan99

Re: Success! But I have a question

Postby DreamerMan99 » 13 May 2013 00:59

You are most likely lucid dreaming in your bed because you are having no lap in counciousness, since you are instantly aware of your lucid dreams. I usually become lucid through DILD and randomly recognize im dreaming.

Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

clown

Postby clown » 13 May 2013 01:54

Hmm I see. Anyways how do u develop the technique for DILD? In my non-lucid dreams I see zombie apocalypse many times but it doesn't come to me that its a dream.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 May 2013 03:14

I too often feel the vibration or buzzing in the ears and await for a dream to start but it doesn't. Then I open my eyes and realize I am already dreaming and it starts from my bed and I simply get up and leave the room. The house tends to be close to normal, and opening a door to the 'outside' tends to become a dream scene like nothing from reality.

Some call it OBE's others don't. It doesn't matter, they are fun either way. It must be because we are aware that we are in bed when it happens so the dream starts from there.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

clown

Postby clown » 15 May 2013 06:14

I see. So we don't feel any lapse of consciousness? It's like closing my eyes for a while and opening them again, but arrive in a different place. But how do u go into a different dreamscape from ur seemingly normal bedroom?

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 15 May 2013 14:02

I seem to have the same thing though I was never able to even leave my apartment because of the instability of the dream. I'm also curious why it happens so often, I had only 1 LD in the different dreamscape.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 May 2013 18:42

clown wrote:But how do u go into a different dreamscape from ur seemingly normal bedroom?

The best way is to walk up to a door, (any door, even weird dream doors, but you just feel like there is something on the other side), and imagine a place you want to be, and expect to be there on the other side. Then open it and walk in.

It doesn't always become what I expect, but it tends to change the scene at least. If I open doors within my 'house' they tend to lead to other dream rooms, but if I leave the front or back door to the outside, it becomes 'outdoors'. The further I get from the house and what I know the more my dream fills in the details subconsciously and that's when it starts to become more of a dreamscape instead of your actual house or neighborhood.

There are other interesting things I have done. You can teleport if you imagine you can, or even try and dive right into the floor as if it were water! But the door one is more instinctive and closer to what we expect when a wake so it is easier.

But with that being said, I've had some great lucid dreams where I don't leave my house at all. People tend to show up, and I talk to them. Or I can go to the fridge and pig out! Or just practice manipulating objects or conjuring things.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

clown

Postby clown » 15 May 2013 19:14

Haha nice :) I'll try that thanks

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 May 2013 02:48

clown wrote: I feel the vibrations with my eyelids closed and thought maybe let it kick in some more, so I just continue to feel it and see if anything happens. After a while I decide to open my eyes. I see my bedroom still. I thought I had lost it, till I realize further there is a furniture misplaced in my bedroom. I got up and there it starts. How do you know if ure already in a LD? I kinda like take my chances by opening my eyes and see if I'm in a dreamscape already or still awake.

And there is something common. In my lucid dreams, all of them start from me getting out of my bed. And I don think I'm doing OBE. Any reasons for these?

You are probably finding yourself having the dream from your bed due to the having no lapse in your consciousness at all. As to how do you know you are already in a dream... one thing is to learn to tell by the strange feelings you get and then just open your eyes and do a reality check. Reality checks can be extremely important in this situation where you are still in bed in your room.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

clown

Postby clown » 16 May 2013 04:00

When I got up I already realized its a dream by noticing the misplacement of my furniture. I did reality check just to ensure and keep my mind focused

Return to “For Beginners”