Failed RC - how to fix this?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Nocturnal

Failed RC - how to fix this?

Postby Nocturnal » 05 Sep 2011 00:04

I practice several RC's,

1. Pushing hands through eachother
2. Being conscious of my surroundings / checking where I came from
3. Looking at text and doing a double take.

I had a nonLD dream last night where I was walking with a friend, and I said "Yeah, we could even be dreaming right now" and then I punch the ground (as if I was doing a RC), but my hand simply rebounded. I then figured that we were in reality, and continued.

How can I make sure this doesn't happen again? It has happened a few times, and it is exciting but a bit frustrating when I wake up and realize that I could have had a good LD!

Innhyu

Re: Failed RC - how to fix this?

Postby Innhyu » 05 Sep 2011 00:38

First of all, I am not an expert in lucid dreaming; I am a beginner.

I think your method of punching the ground would work, but I think the problem was that its results were not clearly "weird" enough to make you conscious that you were dreaming.

* You said the hand rebounded.. isn't that unusual haha? I thought it's suppose to just hurt a lot.

Have you ever tried many of the commonly used, famous ones? Such as trying to breathe after closing your mouth & holding your nose? and checking your hand over and over again (the number of fingers you have change. Hah!) ?

I think those two are really worth trying. And maybe you should give a try with the WILD method.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 05 Sep 2011 12:11

Unless you believe your hand is going to go through the ground, it probably won't. I find it's best to try some more reliable checks, like asking people if you're dreaming, and watching their response carefully. Try to pick out anything out of place, chances are your subconscious will have made a flaw in your dreamworld, such as bizarre colours or warped objects. Once you find something so weird it can't be real - then BAM you're lucid :D
Dreaming is my drug

Mewie

Postby Mewie » 05 Sep 2011 13:59

I know how it is. Last night I also talked about dreaming, and saw the word "lucid" many times. Why didn't I became Lucid? Haha. :D

I guess, that you (we) just have to train some more with reality checks. Our brain is ready. ;)
Reality is a lovely place,
but I wouldn't wanna live there
. ~ Adam Young

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 07 Sep 2011 20:46

Nose holding always works for me. I've gotten 4 lucid dreams now by doing that.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”