Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sander

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sander » 13 May 2013 07:50

taniaaust1 wrote:Imagine moving towards the images. There are energetic ways to do it but if you cant feel energy or your astral body just imagine moving towards them. By doing that you may be able to put yourself into one and whatever dream world it opens up to you.

it worked :D i felt the familiar buzzing and waited for the hypnagogia to come. At first it seemed like it was fading away but then it happened. I imagined moving closer to the swirling colors, the buzzing got more intense and started pulsating.. like a heartbeat, but faster... and faster. Suddenly my eyes opened by themselves and i saw the roof of my room spinning. I closed my eyes again untill the rush calmed down and opened them again. I saw one of the walls was a big screen and a movie was playing in high speed. It was pretty obvious that i was dreaming ^^

while i'm stoked that i did a WILD and lucidity was high, i'm pretty bummed by the fact that i couldn't do anything... i tried to fly, but the best i could do was defy gravity only a little bit and it felt like walking on the moon. I decided to leave my room and explore, but then i saw that it was dark and i changed my mind. I remembered that i'd watched a really scary movie (like REALLY scary :|) with my girlfriend in the evening and i feared that i might encounter something i'm not ready to handle yet.

Thanks A LOT for the advice! now i know what i must do whenever i get the buzzing sensation again :) you're awesome!
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 13 May 2013 14:13

I was having this cold last night and couldn't sleep, no matter how tired I was. I decided to try an OBE for the first time now I had the chance. I lay on my back, considering the info about you guys advising that. I could imagine me quite clearly-yet forcefully-in my head in a made-up dream. I had some random stuff in it you'd expect from a dream too. And I did see-imagine-me as I "stepped out." Was this an OBE or just a forced and imagined one? (I've never had one so...)

Sander

Postby Sander » 15 May 2013 20:04

Sterre Duiker wrote:I was having this cold last night and couldn't sleep, no matter how tired I was. I decided to try an OBE for the first time now I had the chance. I lay on my back, considering the info about you guys advising that. I could imagine me quite clearly-yet forcefully-in my head in a made-up dream. I had some random stuff in it you'd expect from a dream too. And I did see-imagine-me as I "stepped out." Was this an OBE or just a forced and imagined one? (I've never had one so...)

i think you were simply day dreaming... maybe in a trance or something...
Free Your Mind.

Sander

Postby Sander » 15 May 2013 20:06

oh yeah, my first supplements arrived today ^^

i still have to wait till my galantamine arrives, though -_- if i'm lucky it's just 10 more days
Free Your Mind.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 18 May 2013 07:08

amiiin wrote:Hi,
I'm a total newbie regarding lucid dreaming. I just started informing myself about it a couple of days ago. I wanted to ask how lucid dreaming really is. Is it a world where you can do whatever you want like a video game?
Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image

In lucid-dream we have no limite, your only limite is your imagination. If you want to drive a car you can, if you want the dream to be more vivid you can, if you want to read a book in LD you can, if you want to stay 100 years in a dream you can, if you want to build your own city you can.

But some people said ''In dream we cant do this or it is hard to do, you cant make some mathematic problem in dream etc...'', this people are creating there own limite.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 May 2013 03:32

Sterre Duiker wrote:I was having this cold last night and couldn't sleep, no matter how tired I was. I decided to try an OBE for the first time now I had the chance. I lay on my back, considering the info about you guys advising that. I could imagine me quite clearly-yet forcefully-in my head in a made-up dream. I had some random stuff in it you'd expect from a dream too. And I did see-imagine-me as I "stepped out." Was this an OBE or just a forced and imagined one? (I've never had one so...)

I think you were daydreaming. That's okay.. if you do that but relax more and go with it more.. you could have a LD.

OBEs happen in a 1st person sense.. not you watching you step out of body.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 May 2013 03:42

Sander wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Imagine moving towards the images. There are energetic ways to do it but if you cant feel energy or your astral body just imagine moving towards them. By doing that you may be able to put yourself into one and whatever dream world it opens up to you.

it worked :D i felt the familiar buzzing and waited for the hypnagogia to come. At first it seemed like it was fading away but then it happened. I imagined moving closer to the swirling colors, the buzzing got more intense and started pulsating.. like a heartbeat, but faster... and faster. Suddenly my eyes opened by themselves and i saw the roof of my room spinning. I closed my eyes again untill the rush calmed down and opened them again. I saw one of the walls was a big screen and a movie was playing in high speed. It was pretty obvious that i was dreaming ^^

while i'm stoked that i did a WILD and lucidity was high, i'm pretty bummed by the fact that i couldn't do anything... i tried to fly, but the best i could do was defy gravity only a little bit and it felt like walking on the moon. I decided to leave my room and explore, but then i saw that it was dark and i changed my mind. I remembered that i'd watched a really scary movie (like REALLY scary :|) with my girlfriend in the evening and i feared that i might encounter something i'm not ready to handle yet.

Thanks A LOT for the advice! now i know what i must do whenever i get the buzzing sensation again :) you're awesome!

Congrats :D .

That spinning.. try not to shut your eyes with it. Yeah i know it's highly uncomfortable.. Ive nearly vomited before due to spinning sensations but if you can go with the flow it should throw you out of body or into a LD elsewhere. Its good you didnt loose the experience when you shut your eyes.

Pity the fear got the better of you :? , it would of been a great chance for you to see how well you can control your dreams.. never forget you own your dreams, you carry the power, you can think as strong as any of the rest of us (its the strengths and beliefs in your thoughts which will do the creating in dreams, that's far more important then having experience). You probably would of been able to just wake yourself up if it did get too bad. Remind yourself that YOU carry the power in the dreams (you've unintentionally sent a message to your subconsciousness that you may have stuff in your dreams you cant deal with..that could affect what you find in your LDs in future till you get out of that mindset). Sounds like maybe you shouldnt watch scary movies on nights you want to try to LD :lol:
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 19 May 2013 15:11

shadowwolf3 wrote:Just as I get to the point where it feels like i'm leaving my body, my heart rate goes up really high (also, I've been using the WILD technique along with the MILD and WBTB netiquette) eventually it starts to feel like its to much and my heat beat gets very loud inside my head. Then, I give up and start over.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

Me too the same. For me its because im getting existed. I dont have any tip to help for that.
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Sander

Postby Sander » 20 May 2013 10:59

taniaaust1 wrote:Pity the fear got the better of you :? , it would of been a great chance for you to see how well you can control your dreams.. never forget you own your dreams, you carry the power, you can think as strong as any of the rest of us (its the strengths and beliefs in your thoughts which will do the creating in dreams, that's far more important then having experience). You probably would of been able to just wake yourself up if it did get too bad. Remind yourself that YOU carry the power in the dreams (you've unintentionally sent a message to your subconsciousness that you may have stuff in your dreams you cant deal with..that could affect what you find in your LDs in future till you get out of that mindset). Sounds like maybe you shouldnt watch scary movies on nights you want to try to LD :lol:

yeah, looking back at it, i also think it was stupid not to go out... oh well, we must learn from our mistakes, right? ;)

yeah, maybe i should watch a movie related to lucid dreaming :P problem is, i allready know inception by heart :oops:
Free Your Mind.

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 20 May 2013 18:16

amiiin wrote:Hi,
I'm a total newbie regarding lucid dreaming. I just started informing myself about it a couple of days ago. I wanted to ask how lucid dreaming really is. Is it a world where you can do whatever you want like a video game?
Thanks

[ Post made via Android ] Image

According to me, its kind of a hazy, fun, exotic place. It makes you feel both exhilarated, nostalgic (idk why?), and unlimited. And when you test your limits, you don't feel so unlimited. Unless its your first LD. (According to me.) You know what, I think I'm talking more about my experience- maybe its different for other people- so just ignore me :P .

Return to “For Beginners”