My first lucid nightmare?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
azsxdc321

My first lucid nightmare?

Postby azsxdc321 » 12 May 2013 21:44

Hello everyone. I'm new to this whole lucid thing and was very glad to find this website. I want to talk about my first lucid dream. Throughout the day I preform various reality checks such as plugging my nose and looking at my hands. One night I had a nightmare and tried to wake myself up. I was relieved to find myself in my bed. My hand flew up to my nose and I held it closed. I was shocked to find out I could still BREATHE. I suddenly realized I was...in? In a false awakening. Everything felt so real and the room looked exactly like my room. It was very dark and I heard a noise that sounded like it was coming outside. I felt scared... very, very scared. It was my first time, and despite having read many articles on this website, I had no idea what to do. It felt freaky. I curled up on my said and tried to shout, "wake up" but I could only manage a whisper. I opened and closed my eyes and found myself in my real bed. I don't know what I should do next time...

DreamerMan99

Re: My first lucid nightmare?

Postby DreamerMan99 » 13 May 2013 14:39

Just relax! Your in control. Its your dream. You can do anything you imagination will let you

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Xtreme_Walrus

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 05 Jan 2014 01:32

I know this is an old post, but if you're still wondering try to face the nightmare creature or whatever it was. Ask what it represents and how you can help it. Nightmares aren't to scare you they are trying to get a message across, so whatever it is try and talk to it to resolve the problem.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 07:36

Its good to have a goal in mind to focus on if you ever find yourself in a LD (BEFORE YOU HAVE A LD). By focusing on the goal once you realise you are lucid.. you will be less likely to go and dwell on other things and hence create a nightmare situation by thinking "oh no what's going to happen!".

So many waste their first LD by freaking out instead of taking control of the dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”