Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidLink

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

Postby LucidLink » 13 May 2013 00:16

Hi everybody, so this has happened to me a couple of times, it's cool and weird and I'm just wondering how it even happens.

What happens is, ill be in a regular dream non-lucid, but then something will happen in the non lucid dream that causes me to begin to vibrate, and then I eventually OBE out of my body. But it's strange because the non lucid dream triggers the OBE!

For instance, the last time this happened to me I was makeing out with this girl in a regular dream. But when I started really kissing her, my lips began to vibrate, and then I literally felt like I went into my lips. Then the whole dream fades away and I begin to vibrate, Intill the vibrations get strong enough that I OBE into my room, completely lucid. I even rememeber the regular dream I just had, and that the kissing made me OBE somehow. It's so strange, it's not bad, I just don't understand? Maybe this shows that lucid dreaming has alot to do with energy, and sometimes normal dreams give me a huge surge of that energy? I do not know haha.

But note, this is compeltely different then a DILD, it's more like I went from a regular dream into a WILD.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

DreamerMan99

Re: Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

Postby DreamerMan99 » 13 May 2013 01:09

Sorry this is a little off topic - But where can i find a good guide to OBE? Honestly, I know a lot about LDs and Im starting to get good at them. But, i dont know shit about OBE and im very interested! Thanks guys

FTW & Dream onnnnn

Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 May 2013 01:27

You can download Michael Raduga's "The Phase: A Practical Guidebook" for free at obe4u.com. But OOBEs and dreams are experiences of the same state of mind that compounds REM sleep and consciousness. When you have the experience of separating from the body you are entering the very same world of lucid dreaming that you experience in WILDs and DILDs. It is that hybrid state of the brain identifie by the Planck Institute. This state has been labelled with "the phase" or "phase state" umbrella term by Mr. Raduga.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

mia

Postby mia » 13 May 2013 15:35

Wow. Cool experience Lucidlink. The depths are so fascinating.
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 13 May 2013 20:46

Wow, thanks Summerlander.
Check this out: You know the deep vibrations they talk about with OBEs? I have that every night. How can I use that to OBE dream????

Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 May 2013 21:01

I haven't had it quite happen the way your did, but I did experience something similar....

I was in a non-lucid dream, and I was in a basement in a house I use to live in. I noticed some tools laying around and realized that my father was still alive (he died over 10 years ago). I thought it was strange and questioned where he had been all these years and why he suddenly was 'alive' again. I wasn't quite lucid because I assumed it was real even though it defies all logic.

But then I felt an invisible force pulling me and I floated. I get that a lot during sleep paralysis that leads to OBE's. I told this force to take me to my father because I needed to ask a few questions, and it started to pull me to the wall in the basement and on the other side, at the time, I assumed was the after life. I said, no, I don't want to die. I was spooked and I woke up.

But the mysterious, and somewhat malevolent force that was pulling and dragging me is just like the one I sometimes experience during a sleep paralysis episode sometimes. And if I remain calm they lead to a OBE type lucid dream. However this time I was spooked so I woke up.

But just like you, it was a non-lucid dream and yet became that middle-ground-phase-area (vibrations, buzzing, SP) that precede an intense lucid dream. I just didn't follow through with it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 May 2013 07:00

DreamerMan99 wrote:Sorry this is a little off topic - But where can i find a good guide to OBE? Honestly, I know a lot about LDs and Im starting to get good at them. But, i dont know shit about OBE and im very interested! Thanks guys

FTW & Dream onnnnn

I used the following book for my first OBES many years ago now http://www.scribd.com/doc/61714884/Practical-Guide-to-Astral-Projection (its boring the first few of chapters but then it gets right into things set out like an OBE course.. towards the end of the book is more details on OBEs.

OBES are different to dreaming as with OBEs your mind can be as awake and not dreaming at all eg your subconciousness not actively creating your reality, just like it is in real life.. many though do an intermingling of the two things (eg when you are dreaming you are also usually astrally out of body too as the astral body leaves the physical one when you fall asleep, this can cause some OBE affects to be coming in eg floating senstations etc in a dream and for someone to be then experiencing both at once... which tend to then make some people think they are the same thing.

But those who can go out of body without any dreaming going on during an OBE will tell you that its no different to real life reality but just in like a different plane as far as the subconsciousness isnt manifesting at all as such as dreams do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 May 2013 07:12

LucidLink wrote:Hi everybody, so this has happened to me a couple of times, it's cool and weird and I'm just wondering how it even happens.

What happens is, ill be in a regular dream non-lucid, but then something will happen in the non lucid dream that causes me to begin to vibrate, and then I eventually OBE out of my body. But it's strange because the non lucid dream triggers the OBE!

For instance, the last time this happened to me I was makeing out with this girl in a regular dream. But when I started really kissing her, my lips began to vibrate, and then I literally felt like I went into my lips. Then the whole dream fades away and I begin to vibrate, Intill the vibrations get strong enough that I OBE into my room, completely lucid. I even rememeber the regular dream I just had, and that the kissing made me OBE somehow. It's so strange, it's not bad, I just don't understand? Maybe this shows that lucid dreaming has alot to do with energy, and sometimes normal dreams give me a huge surge of that energy? I do not know haha.

But note, this is compeltely different then a DILD, it's more like I went from a regular dream into a WILD.

When you kissed her lips you moved your astral body lips too as your consciousness (mental subconscious dreaming body) hadnt taken over properly yet so your movements affected your astral.. that then pulled you more towards the astral body (hence more vibrations) and away from the subconsciousness experience of a dream. If you hadnt done that.. you would of moved more away from the astral state disconnecting from it and gone into a deeper dream with no vibrations. (im probably doing a crap job trying to explain it thou I understand it).

IF you have any interest in it, I suggest you study up on the different layers of ourselves or aura to get more understanding of how things interplay and what is experiences are coming from what. Different bodies of ourselves physical, etheric, astral (which is also emotional), mental (where thoughts manifest), each of these bodies operates at different vibrational levels (yeah each actually does vibrate) with the physical being the densest. These dont just appear differently to those who can see them but also do different things and can cause different experiences.

I believe that when we feel vibrations.. it probably means we are out of sync a bit with the body our consciousness is experiencing. When we are vibrating, we are experiencing a transition between our states.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”