What do I do when I have a few seconds left?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jacob46719

What do I do when I have a few seconds left?

Postby Jacob46719 » 14 May 2013 18:55

When my dreams fade away, they fade really fast, like in less than 5 seconds. During that time, my eyes feel heavy with no time to rub my hands or spin or do anything. To keep the dream going, do I shut my eyes and keep them shut, or do I force them to stay open?
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Highlander

Re: What do I do when I have a few seconds left?

Postby Highlander » 14 May 2013 23:10

I guess it's different for everyone, but in my case, i cannot shut my eyes or i'll wake up.
On this week's LD, my dream was fading and i rapidly concentrated on an object that had some writings. I began reading and the dream gradually returned and becomed vivid.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 May 2013 02:28

Sometimes there is absolutely nothing I can do to keep a lucid dream going and when this happens and I wake up, I notice the time and realize it was the time I normally wake up anyway and that was it. You can't lucid dream forever.

I tend to know a lucid dream is going to end before it happens. It's just a feeling. I start to think differently. If it has already faded and you are in the process of waking up, it may be too late. What works best for me, when I get 'the feeling' is the same as what Highlander said. Focus on something in the dream. Touch things, look around. All those things help cement you there in that place as if it is your reality and your only focus.

However you said you did try that. So I don't know what the answer is. Was it time to wake up when this happened or was it already too late? That's the only thing I can think of.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 May 2013 11:39

Shutting my eyes if Im struggling to stay in a dream is the very worst thing I could do.

When you shut your eyes, you disconnect yourself from the dream some, as you've just removed then one of your senses from the dream (so hence need to be relying on your other senses far more strongly to keep you in it).

To stay in a dream you need to focus on the dream as much as possible, interacting with it is the best.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 17 May 2013 00:16

Alright I know what to do now. :D
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Return to “For Beginners”