First lucid nightmare?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

First lucid nightmare?

Postby azsxdc321 » 12 May 2013 22:25

Hello everyone. I'm fourteen years old and have recently been looking into to this whole lucid thing. I love this website! Anyway, last night I became aware in a false awakening. I remember feeling terrified. I held my nose closed but I could still breathe. It was spooky realizing my physical body wasn't there. I knew I should get out of my "bed" and explore but I knew there was a mirror on my bedroom door and I didn't want to look into it. I forced myself to wake up and just like that my lucid dream was wasted. Any suggestions on what I should do next time?

Re: First lucid nightmare?

Postby DreamerMan99 » 13 May 2013 01:03

Just chill and remember its your dream! You control it! you cannot get hurt. No use in feeling freightened. In the real world, fear is created in our minds to help evade death. The problem is that when we lived in a cave we had things to fear, and they were life or death situations. Now, your brain over scares you. Remember in your own mind there is nothing to fear but fear itself. (which is just a chemical being released or an electric pulse)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.

Postby clown » 13 May 2013 01:58

If it was me maybe I would give it a punch, to whatever comes out. Try scaring them instead of them scaring you? It's your dream after all.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Postby HAGART » 15 May 2013 03:04

I too have a large mirror on a sliding closet door in my room and I actually moved my bed and keep it open so I am not confronted with a large mirror whenever I get a lucid false awakening or OBE. Mirrors are always bizarre and I rarely like to look at them in a dream. They can be unnerving sometimes.

But also simply doing it more often and getting use to the sensation allays your fears too.

Practice makes perfect after all!
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “For Beginners”