anyone use supplements?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LucidLink

Re: anyone use supplements?

Postby LucidLink » 14 May 2013 14:04

It depends on what supplements your taking and when.
For instance, with choline and guantanamine you first sleep for five hours, then wake up and take one of each, then go back to bed. That's a powerful combination, every time I I use them I OBE ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 15 May 2013 14:10

I was only taking B6 and melatonin but I don't see any difference in LD, only I sleep deeper.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 16 May 2013 12:05

Barbon wrote:why do you have to sleep for a few hours then wake up and take them? why not just take them before going to bed?! I never understood this.

Because our sleep cycels are complicated. You don't usually dream much in the first half of the night, you are in deep sleep stages. However, after 5 hours of sleep you are no longer in deep sleep you are in REM stage, which is where all the dreaming, lucid or otherwise takes place.

If you took supplements before bed, you'd waste the prime of their effect on deep sleep. Although some supplements you do take before bed.

It just all depends on what your takeing, what it does, and it how it works with your sleep cycles.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”