failed reality check

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
artic65

failed reality check

Postby artic65 » 22 Apr 2013 22:22

A few days ago I had a lucid dream. While everything jolted into focus, I decided to make my awareness greater by doing a reality check.I pushed two fingers of my right hand into my left, confident they would go through. To my huge surprise,the check failed! This was the same one I read rebecca used. I tried to push the fingers through the wall too, but that failed too! Can someone help me? :?:

taniaaust1

Re: failed reality check

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Apr 2013 23:03

If you know you are dreaming.. I suggest dont do reality checks or if you do, do them with the knowledge they can fail to make sure you arent going to be unsettled to the point it wakes you up if one does. Your issue is commonly posted on these boards iquite often, often those who did a reality check who already knew they were dreaming.

In future if you are needing to do a reality check, you now should do a different one to the one which failed on you as seeing it failed once on you, it is likely to fail again.

If you are wanting to make your awareness greater.. try doing something else.. eg yelling out clarity now or counting and adding together things in your dream (to get your waking mind thinking more).

I also do have another idea but wont express it unless I have more info it may of been the case. With your dream, where did you find yourself.. was it in your own normal house or a place in which you know well in real life? You werent in your bedroom in this dream were you?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 18 May 2013 10:57

I refresh the topic: yesterday I performed reality check in my dream, I looked at my hands, but they looked normal and I didn't become lucid. what's wrong?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 May 2013 11:11

neverlandjulia wrote:I refresh the topic: yesterday I performed reality check in my dream, I looked at my hands, but they looked normal and I didn't become lucid. what's wrong?

If they look normal, it isnt going to help you to become lucid (lucky you realised that is going on). Sounds like you need to be doing a different kind of reality check. Avoid ones which have failed on you.

neverlandjulia

Postby neverlandjulia » 18 May 2013 11:25

any advice what might be as convenient as looking at hands? I wouldn't like to jump up and down to check if I can fly when I'm in public and questioning my reality :P

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 May 2013 04:20

neverlandjulia wrote:any advice what might be as convenient as looking at hands? I wouldn't like to jump up and down to check if I can fly when I'm in public and questioning my reality :P

Checking out your mobile can be a good reality check. Those things so often screw up in dreams. Try to push your thumb throu your other palm, check out a clock.. look at it and see if you can make the time on it go abnormal.. look away and look back and see if its changed. Read something.. look away and then see if its changed. Doing more then one reality check can be a good idea.

something like trying to float up (rather then jump up and down in public like a looney :lol:) with another reality check done too (as some find floating up not easy) could also be tried.

Study things intensely around you asking yourself "Is anything I see strange?", "Is anything I hear strange". Dont look for normalness (as that could make a LD conform that that).. try instead to look for "strangeness".

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”