Animals dream. Can they dream like us?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
mikeg313

Animals dream. Can they dream like us?

Postby mikeg313 » 20 May 2013 07:00

I just thought what would everyones view would be on animal dreams. Can they lucid dream, project them selves etc. As long as there is a brain, dreaming is able. I guess the dinosaurs could dream but how about all animals. Can they interact in our dreams, can they be humans and can we be them? What are your views?

deepakkumaar97

Re: Animals dream. Can they dream like us?

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 20 May 2013 17:44

mikeg313 wrote:can they be humans and can we be them? What are your views?

I am not sure if they can lucid dream and dream of being a human but in their non lucid dreams, its possible and maybe they dream being a human.
About us, we can surely have Lucid dream and have a body of an animal.
Do a reality check

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 20 May 2013 21:35

Animals are considerably less intelligent than us and I imagine that would probably affect the scope and type of their dreams. However, I'm sure most animals dream to some extent.
Dreaming is my drug

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 20 May 2013 22:06

Yes, actually animals do have dreams and sleep paralysis.
In cats, they took out the part of their brain that has sleep paralysis occur. (sad ;( cuz they hurtbthe cats) and the cats acted out stalking prey, jumping, playing, running, ect. This shows thats what they dream about. This is where the theory that dreams are to help us train for possible future problems like hunting or running away from what used to hunt us.

So yeah, animals can dream.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

mikeg313

Postby mikeg313 » 21 May 2013 04:18

I remembered as a boy,when i thought our dog was dreaming, i used to hold its leg. He then began to use more facial muscles and i was assuming he was having a bad nightmare. Poor dog. BUt I have never been an animal in my non-lucid dreams.

mia

Postby mia » 21 May 2013 04:54

All animals dream; I have seen beautiful images of dolphins and whales sleeping 'hanging' and floating while dreaming; if you've ever had a pet, you know they dream. (And I think animals are far more intelligent than foolish and arrogant human beings give them credit for. Why would you imagine their lives, and awareness of their lives, is less than ours? I've seen many humans who are less aware than many animals; look around you).
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 21 May 2013 21:29

mia wrote:All animals dream; I have seen beautiful images of dolphins and whales sleeping 'hanging' and floating while dreaming; if you've ever had a pet, you know they dream. (And I think animals are far more intelligent than foolish and arrogant human beings give them credit for. Why would you imagine their lives, and awareness of their lives, is less than ours? I've seen many humans who are less aware than many animals; look around you).

Sorry to cause offence, I am an animal lover. However it's known fact that through experiments solely focusing on mental ability, animals are not on the same level as humans.
Dreaming is my drug

mia

Postby mia » 21 May 2013 23:35

Not the same level, obviously; but too often people think that because they are not 'at the same level' we can use them and abuse them "if it benefits us" .
The key to creativity is to remove the watchers from the gates, and realize how free you really are.

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 31 May 2013 19:40

Animals can definitely dream. But I have no idea if they are capable of lucid dreams.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 31 May 2013 23:00

They would need some sort of self-awareness. Dogs don't have self-awareness, hence why they bark when they see their reflecting or think it's another dog. They don't realize it's them. And to lucid dream you have to be aware.

Return to “Off-Topic”